SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
NICE>... Anyone CCW a 34? Just curious.?

I plan on it. First I need to get night sights on it and decide on a holster and then I plan to carry it once in a while.
I carry my G17 all the time, the 34 shouldn't be much worse.

Yep. Got a Gen4 G34 last year, my first Glock. Carry it in a Sparks VM-2 IWB and a Sparks double mag carrier. Comfortable and conceals reasonably well. Something comforting about 52 rounds of 9mm 115gr +P+ (Fed 9BPLE).

I fitted mine with Warren Tacticals (black/black) with the .245 front sight. I prefer black, but various options are available. Very fast with lots of light on both sides of the U notch. http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

My other carry guns are Sig .40's and a Wilson .45. Given the 9mm +P+ and 5.3" barrel, I don't feel exactly undergunned caliber-wise. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never buy a handgun that only gives me one trigger pull without racking the slide. Glocks are plastic suck.

I will also never buy a USP because every time I fire one I eject the mag on about the third or fourth round. It's just the way I hold it and the way they designed it. But I like the USP way more than any Glock.

Posts: 382 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I just don't like striker-fired guns. I like hammers and strongly prefer DA/SA when possible (the LCP and my .22 target pistols are my only exceptions).

That's just me... Smile

Couldn't agree more. (Although I guess my Berettas and Sigs all have a striker...they still have hammers and I can pull the trigger until it fires even if someone is fighting me for it or I am wounded and down to one hand. Can't do that with a Glock.)

Posts: 382 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of allen268
posted Hide Post
I'll never own a Glock, I have held them, fired them, and read more then I care to of them, I don't have anything personally against them other then I don't much care for polymer frames (just my preference), they just don't feel right to me, and there are so many guns out there that I do like, more then I'll ever have the time or money to own, so when I do get the extra cash it's already spoken for by a gun I already want.

Combat Vets Motorcycle Association
Bikers Of Afghanistan
Patriot Guard Riders

Sig 229 RTT
Sig 516 Patrol

Posts: 479 | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull-1:
Glocks are plastic suck.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:
Glocks are plastic suck.

Roll Eyes

Let me rephrase it: "Plastic Suck/Plastic Suckiness/Plastic Suckage" (TM). Big Grin

As Allen said above, they don't feel right and they have plenty of drawbacks for what they are. Besides, in a hundred years they'll probably all decompose into polymer granules.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the pissy boys chiming in..

Haters gonna hate.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

To each their own.

Why is it some can insist we all should LOVE Glocks because they're "awesome duuuude", yet others can't say you shouldn't like them at all because they suck?

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

To each their own.

Why is it some can insist we all should LOVE Glocks because they're "awesome duuuude", yet others can't say you shouldn't like them at all because they suck?

You sure are investing a lot of time on a thread for a gun you don't care for..

You don't like Glocks, I don't give a shit.

I just tire of the whinning..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will never buy a handgun that only gives me one trigger pull without racking the slide. Glocks are plastic suck.
What kind of suck are you?

As far as second strike capability is concerned, check this out:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2030032803/p/1

You'd better stop using that surplus WWII ammunition and learn modern clearance techniques, man. You keep yankin' on the trigger of your special non-plastic blaster when you get a dead round, instead of clearing the stoppage, and you're gonna die.

Maybe that's food for thought for you, or maybe you're just stuck in your own little world.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same kind you are I guess if we are made of the same components/ingredients. Smile

(That's a joke. Don't get all Moderator on me. I'm kidding.)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The same kind you are I guess if we are made of the same components/ingredients. Smile
Not quite.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

You'd better stop using that surplus WWII ammunition and learn modern clearance techniques, man. You keep yankin' on the trigger of your special non-plastic blaster when you get a dead round, instead of clearing the stoppage, and you're gonna die.

Maybe that's food for thought for you, or maybe you're just stuck in your own little world.

You MAY NOT ALWAYS get a chance to clear the stoppage. Single hand drills are great when you're at the range and not wounded/disabled by an attacker in a fight.

I have fired rounds in Glocks before that didn't go bang. Ejected the round. Tried it again in the GLOCK or a SIG, Beretta, or USP and they went POW.

Had that happen a time or two in a SIG or BER as well (not by any means saying Glocks are the only firearm that this happens with--fire enough rounds in any firearm and it will happen eventually) and just pulled the trigger again after waiting a few seconds... BANG. Worked just fine.

It is ENTIRELY possible to have a primer that doesn't go off the first time. With a SIG you get another whack at it.

I have practiced all the one-hand drills you can imagine but one can't forsee every circumstance. You may not be able to clear the stoppage, as stated above, due to incapacitation, a bad guy getting his hands on your weapon, and a hundred other things none of us have considered. So, unless there's something about a Glock I don't know, I'll take my DA/SA hammered non-poly handguns, thankyouverymuch.

To each their own. Glad everyone who likes Glocks likes them. I don't. Never have. Never will.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, let's put it this way... I have fired rounds in Glocks before that didn't go bang. Ejected the round. Tried it in a SIG, Beretta, or USP and they went POW.
I've had it happen, too. I re-struck the round three times. Nuttin'. Why don't you start a thread asking members, of those who've had a round misfire, how many times did re-striking it cause it to detonate? You might also want to ask them how attempting to fire what has already been proven to be a faulty round fits in with the techniques for clearing stoppages they've been trained to perform in such an event.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had it happen, too. I re-struck the round three times. Nuttin'. Why don't you start a thread asking members, of those who've had a round misfire, how many times did re-striking it cause it to detonate? You might also want to ask them how attempting to fire what has already been proven to be a faulty round fits in with the techniques for clearing stoppages they've been trained to perform in such an event.

That can happen, too. But as I have said, you may not be able to clear it. I'd rather have a few second chances to make it fire in that event. That's just me.

The only time I have ever encountered a round that didn't go off the second time was with a rimfire. Never to my recollection with a centerfire... (I'm sure it happened but I can't recall it. I freely admit this may be selective memory, too, so...)

Picture of allen268
posted Hide Post
I don't hate Glocks nor do I have any interest in trashing them, they simply don't feel right to me and im not fond of polymer, period. We all have our own preferences and one's does not make anothers any more right or wrong, I carry an all stainless 229 in .40, many would state that it's too heavy for carry, or dislike my choice in caliber, and for what reason should I be offended because its not for them? there is no reason. I came to this thread in response to the title, as in "NO I will not buy a Glock", and just because they aren't for me doesn't mean I have no interest in what others have to say, I want to know as much as possible about every gun that's out there just as a matter of personal interest. Its good to know.. IMHO

Combat Vets Motorcycle Association
Bikers Of Afghanistan
Patriot Guard Riders

Sig 229 RTT
Sig 516 Patrol

Posts: 479 | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
1. Click (Instead of Bang)
2. Tap
3. Rack
4. Bang (or ready)

I don't even think about it. Is there another way? Razz

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
1. Click (Instead of Bang)
2. Tap
3. Rack
4. Bang (or ready)

I don't even think about it. Is there another way? Razz

That's easy to do when you aren't shot. Much harder with one hand or in a close quarter fight with someone beating your head in. Just saying.

Picture of Popeye3751
posted Hide Post
Not in this lifetime unless it's the only one available.

Posts: 217 | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They make you feel icky, huh?