SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Willie,

Aftermarket guide rod? Which one? And what does that do to the recoil spring?

quote:
Originally posted by willieH:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of willieH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Willie,

SS guide rod with captive 18# springs. It's 2X as heavy as stock unit and is advertised to reduce muzzle flip and felt recoil. However, in actual use I failed to perceive these acclaimed advantages. I bought the steel guild rod to replace a plastic part.

The most profound change was replacing the trigger assembly. The sights were also replaced with big dots and the laser was recently added.

Posts: 37 | Registered: November 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shop I frequent just got in about a dozen police trade in Glock 19 Gen 2s!
I got one and they all have the NY1 trigger. I'm refitting mine to the standard set up.
They look a bit rough on the outside, but insure looks nice and clean with updated trigger bars and such. So if your in the O'Fallon Il. area stop by Ron and Jo's firearms. They still got some left! Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the guide rod/spring assembly.

Also, I watched the trigger video. Did you change any of the trigger settings? The fact that those set screw could move, and, if so, prevent the trigger from releasing/resetting would make me nervous about the assembly introducing a reliability risk.

quote:
Originally posted by willieH:
quote:
Willie,

SS guide rod with captive 18# springs. It's 2X as heavy as stock unit and is advertised to reduce muzzle flip and felt recoil. However, in actual use I failed to perceive these acclaimed advantages. I bought the steel guild rod to replace a plastic part.

The most profound change was replacing the trigger assembly. The sights were also replaced with big dots and the laser was recently added.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
In my search for a Gen 2 G19;
Found a Gen 2 G19 on Texasguntrader.com today.
Sent the guy a message, told him I'd give him his asking price and I would meet him halfway Saturday morning to make the sale.
Never heard back from him... Red Face

Going to a gun show in Mesquite in the morning and see if I can find one...
Slide and barrel will be sent to CCR for CPII if I do... Cool

I find it odd as I make my way thru this and that gun model and make for the last 18 years, the guns I want now are older and hard to find.
Gen 1 and 2 Glocks and West German Sigs... Roll Eyes

The gun show was a waste of time.
More jerky and cookies than guns.. Mad

But the guy from texasguntrader got in contact with me and I'm meeting him in the morning.. Cool

Pics tomorrow night..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of willieH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the info on the guide rod/spring assembly.

Also, I watched the trigger video. Did you change any of the trigger settings? The fact that those set screw could move, and, if so, prevent the trigger from releasing/resetting would make me nervous about the assembly introducing a reliability risk.

The trigger kit settings were on the money. I have several other triggers that have pre/over travel adjustments, once they're dialed-in make friends with Loctite. Just so you know, I would not use this particular trigger kit on a gun that I carried on a regular basis.

Posts: 37 | Registered: November 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm back in the club! Happy days.

If I could afford a P-51 Mustang I wouldn't bother with sidearms.

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Bump for pics 1lowlife. Glad you found one.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Bump for pics 1lowlife. Glad you found one.

Ahhhh yes, my Glock 19...

As stated found one on texasguntrader.
I've found a few but they were too far away and sellers didn't want to ship, which I understand.
Found this one Friday morning, the guy had just posted it that morning.
He contacted me back Saturday morning and we agreed to meet.
We were 180 miles apart so we meet in the middle in Weatherford Texas.
He had told me on the phone that the G19 was a police trade-in and I was fine with that.
I figured I'd have CCR refinish the slide and maybe barrel and put a set of night sights on it.
I do plan to carry this gun sometimes.

We met at 10:30 this morning, and he showed me the pistol, with 2 15rd mags.
He told told me if I wasn't happy with it he was cool with that even after driving 90 miles to meet me.
I looked at the gun and asked, "I thought you said it was a police trade-in".
He said "yes it is".
I was under the impression that these trade in guns had holster wear, worn frames, dead or dim night sights, and such.
This gun looked almost brand new, with a new set of Meprolights that he installed this year.
Well, that just saved me $200 for sights and a refinish job.
I gave him $450, he gave me the pistol, we shook hands, and went on our way.
I've been looking for a Gen 2 G19 for a few months now.
I guess good things do come to those who wait... Big Grin

Perfect match for my Gen 2 G17..

Put in my Vickers ext mag release and smooth faced trigger I had in my Gen 3 G19.
Everything is good, I don't foresee any range problems at all..

The Gen 2 G21 slide is still at CCR for CPII.
Looking forward to getting it back..

Now, if I can only find a perfect Gen 1 G17... Roll Eyes Cool

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
EekWOW!!Eek That does look nice! Congrats again!

Glad you enjoyed the show. I haven't had a chance to check out a concert there but I've heard it is nice and they bring in some good bands.

And that Gen2 looks cleaner than that one I had told you about.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
EekWOW!!Eek That does look nice! Congrats again!

drabfour;
I was in Tyler last night at Clicks with my 22 year old son.
We came down to see In This Moment.
We had a great time...
That Clicks is a pretty cool venue for live music.

Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I was at the range the other day and I caught a piece of brass in the face from a gun I bought last fall...

It was a P229E2!!

Yep, should've stuck with my glocks!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I was drooling on a G24 .40S&W with the six inch barrel yesterday at a local store. I am thinking of buying it and getting a Lone Wolf .357 Sig barrel for it. Does anyone have experience with the G24 and/or the Lone Wolf six inch .357 Sig barrel?

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
I was drooling on a G24 .40S&W with the six inch barrel yesterday at a local store. I am thinking of buying it and getting a Lone Wolf .357 Sig barrel for it. Does anyone have experience with the G24 and/or the Lone Wolf six inch .357 Sig barrel?

I've shot my buddy's before and thought it was pretty cool, but also impractically long. Since you're going .357 is it gonna be a defensive gun? or is this a just for fun kind of idea?

If you're going for a practical use, maybe I'd get a G35 and .357 sig barrel instead.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:

I've shot my buddy's before and thought it was pretty cool, but also impractically long. Since you're going .357 is it gonna be a defensive gun? or is this a just for fun kind of idea?

If you're going for a practical use, maybe I'd get a G35 and .357 sig barrel instead.

More for the fun of it. I carry a 1911 .45 ACP or a Glock G20SF 10mm depending on where I am going and what I am doing. I have a Glock factory six inch barrel for my G20SF which I use for woods carry. I wish Glock made a long slide version of the G20.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

More for the fun of it. I carry a 1911 .45 ACP or a Glock G20SF 10mm depending on where I am going and what I am doing. I have a Glock factory six inch barrel for my G20SF which I use for woods carry. I wish Glock made a long slide version of the G20.

Ah, in that case, I think you should go for it!

Make sure to post pics. :-)

Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
I carry a 1911 .45 ACP or a Glock G20SF 10mm depending on where I am going and what I am doing. I have a Glock factory six inch barrel for my G20SF which I use for woods carry. I wish Glock made a long slide version of the G20.

Also, I have a G21 Gen 4 that I love, but I was considering going the 10mm route for a woods gun. Any experience with a extended conversion barrel for the 21 vs. the 20 with factory 6" barrel?

Also, do you carry a particular factory load in the 10mm for the long barrel?

Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I carry a 1911 .45 ACP or a Glock G20SF 10mm depending on where I am going and what I am doing. I have a Glock factory six inch barrel for my G20SF which I use for woods carry. I wish Glock made a long slide version of the G20.

Also, I have a G21 Gen 4 that I love, but I was considering going the 10mm route for a woods gun. Any experience with a extended conversion barrel for the 21 vs. the 20 with factory 6" barrel?

Also, do you carry a particular factory load in the 10mm for the long barrel?

I have a lot of the Buffalo Bore 10mm 180 grain JHP stocked for woods carry. They rate it at 1,350 fps with 728 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy from a 5" barrel. For routine use, I use the Winchester Silvertip 175 grain.

I bought some Underwood 10mm recently and it seems as good as the Buffalo Bore at the range. Some reviewers rated it at 1420 fps out of a six inch barrel in a Glock 20.

U.S. Army, Retired

There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
Fiiiiiiine

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate 'em so much I have four

Traveling Man, Sir Knight
Disabled Combat Vet, Cavalry trooper

Posts: 82 | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post