SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RM686:
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
Recently purchased second-hand (not much used) G17 gen 4 as my first pistol.

So far all works fine, no jams.
Although, recently during cleaning i saw some kind of scratch (or I don't know what is that- not visible well, had to use good light on it) on the inner part of the slide.

I would love to hear any opinions, if I should be worried about it or it's pretty normal... :>

I think I can tell you exactly what those scratches are. Search for a video on u tube, Glock slide disassembly, there are quite a few. To get the back plate off you push down toward the front of the slide with a small screw driver on the black part you have circled. Who ever took the slide apart slipped with the screw driver hence the scratch. The black part circled is plastic and can be replaced for $3 to $4. Just goggle Glock Parts, there are many websites.
I would not be bothered by the scratch but I would take the slide apart, it is really easy after you see the videos. Check that black plastic part for cracks. The firing pin rides inside of it. It is probably just marked up by the guy with fat fingers who scratched the slide and is not a problem you should worry about.

The area that is circled is NOT plastic.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It seems to me you're trying to sell us on your story. You have to buy 300 bucks worth of parts for your Glock?

With any type of product, there's always the possibility of getting a lemon. Maybe that's what happened to you. Then again, maybe there's something else behind the words you've posted about your horrible experience.

sight tools $100. night sights $85. Ordered parts and money already spent $165. Don't know what you mean by "something else behind the words". I think what I posted are pretty much facts regarding the trigger issues with Glocks. By the number of posts in this thread by people who hate Glocks and think they are junk I think you need a reality check.

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ya think? Looks like a whole lot of Glock fans to me. Are we reading different threads? Is there another 3.5 year old, 222 page Glock thread around here??

Your posts look like you're trying really hard to convince people that new Glocks are complete junk.

And I can tell you haven't read this thread, because if you had, you wouldn't be trying to hold it up as proof of your point.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Damn RM686...Glocks are shit and Sigs are shit..what the hell is next for you?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...690096892#9690096892

OBAMA

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yeah, doesn't sound quite right, does it?

There are a number of post on the Glock Talk site where people say after firing a few hundred rounds the trigger safety causes there finger to be sore if they fire a lot of rounds. Some file down the safety so its flush when they pull the trigger. All I said was it is not a fun gun to shoot. There have been many complaints about the pull of the Gen 4 triggers vs the Gen3 . I like to spend all day at the range and maybe go through 350 rounds. I can shoot a 1 inch group with a sig vs a 2 inch group with the glock at ten meters.
Why are their so many after market parts, triggers, connectors, spring sets and custom trigger Glock packages available if this gun is so great out of the box.
Give me a break. I don't see anyone selling aftermarket triggers for Sig's.

I'm sorry. I own Sig's, HK's & Glocks. I originally owned Glocks because that is the required/issued firearm for the department I work for. The G22/G23 on duty to be specific. When I went through the academy we used the G22 and fired literally 500 - 1000 rounds a day for two weeks. I bought a Gen 4 G23 and at first was not as accurate as I was with my Sig's and Hk's. At no time have I ever had my finger be sore Frown and I am a SMALL guy. Including at the academy when we shot all day, and not 350 rounds all day, hundreds if not thousands of rounds all day. My last qual with my G23 I shot a perfect score. I can shoot smaller groups with my GlockS now than I can with my Sigs or HK's. I (like Rhinowso) REALLY like HK's. But I learned to shoot the Glock really well and you know what, my off duty gun is now a baby Glock, why because I shoot it really well and it works. I am certainly not a Glock fanatic, I think they are ugly but they (usually) work well and I'm sorry, but they can be very accurate. I am pretty sure your Glock is probably capable of far more accurcy than you are. No offense, but a good shooter can be pretty accurate even with a piece of shit. And while a Glock may not be your beloved Sig whichever that may be, or HK for that matter, it is certainly no piece of shit.

Sell it and move on.

Posts: 476 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha! RM, you do seem to be a bit all over the place homeslice.........

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought a half dozen Glocks, the last a Gen4 G26,since this thread began. Ain't no junk in my safe. I won't tolerate it! I've got Sigs and Glocks, and like'em all.
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It seems to me you're trying to sell us on your story. You have to buy 300 bucks worth of parts for your Glock?

With any type of product, there's always the possibility of getting a lemon. Maybe that's what happened to you. Then again, maybe there's something else behind the words you've posted about your horrible experience.

sight tools $100. night sights $85. Ordered parts and money already spent $165. Don't know what you mean by "something else behind the words". I think what I posted are pretty much facts regarding the trigger issues with Glocks. By the number of posts in this thread by people who hate Glocks and think they are junk I think you need a reality check.

I say sell that bitch and move on.... Mad

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Gladys is no good.

Picture of rocketray
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...690096892#9690096892

OBAMA

That actually explains a lot!

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do we believe that the goal of government is to promote equal opportunity for all Americans to make the most of their lives? Or, do we now believe that government's role is to equalize the results of peoples lives?"
-Paul Ryan

Posts: 603 | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one and you are right. Shoots 3 calibers.

Posts: 1461 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could offer to sell RM686 my Wilson Pro. However, he'd probably complain that it was too expensive. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
Gee unless you love Glocks no other opinion is tolerated. Sounds like a bunch of stupid people to me.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
You're a doody head. Razz

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gee unless you love Glocks no other opinion is tolerated. Sounds like a bunch of stupid people to me.

It just seems like you are expecting too much from your $400 or $500 polymer pistol.
The Glock trigger ain't gonna have the smoothness of your Sig trigger.
Doesn't matter how much money you throw at it.
It is a basic combat handgun, best one ever made IMHO..

If that makes me stupid, so be it.
I've been called much worse.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again, you are demonstrating that you have not read this thread.

No doubt you possess telepathic powers and have no need of actually scanning the material with your eyes. It seems, though, your superpowers might be on the fritz.

Witness our friend BD Johnson. I know this would be hard to spot in this thread, because it's a whole couple of pages back from the one we're on now:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860071103#5860071103

Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Informed opinions are always welcome. Perhaps we are just in awe of some folks' ability to conduct empirical studies and draw meaningful, uncontestable conclusions. This ability is truly a God given talent worthy of a Mensa candidate.

Especially based on a data point consisting of ONE gun:

RM686: "bought a G19 4 Gen made in 8/2012. Gun out of the box is junk....Maybe the Gen 3's were better out of the box but the current production of Glocks suck...."

Hasta la vista Einstein - I'm outta here.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Me thinks RM686 needs to sell his Sigs & Glocks & buy himself a slingshot..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/duplicate ID
posted Hide Post
I haven't logged into this site in a while and must admit that I'm really shocked at how nasty the comments are. Whatever happened to civility? You sound like a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons just because someone doesn't like a Glock? Give me a break. I'm outta here. You're just a bunch of "haters."

Oh, and NO...I WON'T BE BUYING A GLOCK!

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post