SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Should I ever fall for the dark side I'll blame this thread... Razz

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
True, but...

If you're buying a gun for yourself, you're going to buy what works best for you. If a gun has some little peculiarities you don't like, you're not going to buy it. The glock design falls into that category for a lot of people.

quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
Grip angle, grip size, plastic gun, ugly, not made in America, etc. are just very lame excuses. I would be ashamed of myself if I could not pick up any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or machine gun and not figure out how to load and shoot it well enough to qualify on a military course at marksman level with full power loads.

I do not include competition shooting events where they shoot low power ammunition or even wax bullets to increase their times and scores. Run the competition with full power handgun, rifle, and shotgun ammo if you want to impress me with your score.

Get over yourself! Guns are just tools for defense, offense, or hunting game. If it is reliable, it is good. If it is unreliable, it is bad. If there is ever a SHTF or zombie event, there will likely be tons of guns and ammo lying around from people who were unprepared to use them effectively under duress.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
True, but...

If you're buying a gun for yourself, you're going to buy what works best for you. If a gun has some little peculiarities you don't like, you're not going to buy it. The glock design falls into that category for a lot of people.

quote:
Grip angle, grip size, plastic gun, ugly, not made in America, etc. are just very lame excuses. I would be ashamed of myself if I could not pick up any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or machine gun and not figure out how to load and shoot it well enough to qualify on a military course at marksman level with full power loads.

I do not include competition shooting events where they shoot low power ammunition or even wax bullets to increase their times and scores. Run the competition with full power handgun, rifle, and shotgun ammo if you want to impress me with your score.

Get over yourself! Guns are just tools for defense, offense, or hunting game. If it is reliable, it is good. If it is unreliable, it is bad. If there is ever a SHTF or zombie event, there will likely be tons of guns and ammo lying around from people who were unprepared to use them effectively under duress.

Every gun, every caliber, and every manufacturer has lovers and haters on the internet. In my opinion, most haven’t actually owned one or spent any time shooting them. They go online and repeat things they have read on internet forums or heard from a friend. Just think how many guns would be out there if everyone that had an opinion on one had actually owned one and shot it.

Guns are like sex. They are all good. Some are better than others. You never have enough. You always want something different. Some people are even in to three gun competitions. Some people get a black gun and never go back.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

A great pistol, I now have 37,000 flawless rounds through my Gen 4 G17.

Holy sheep shit. Am I reading this right? I'm not so much blown away by the high volume, but the fact that the Gen4s are not that old. That's a lot of shooting in a relatively short period of time.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

quote:
Guns are like sex. They are all good. Some are better than others. You never have enough. You always want something different. Some people are even in to three gun competitions. Some people get a black gun and never go back.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Are there still non-believers?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
I was going to bite the bullet for the Gen 4, 19, but jumped on the Kahr PM9 instead.
No regrets! The PM9 is one heck of a great EDC pistol.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Me.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...740007003#6740007003

but I'll own a Glock some day my dad has a 20C

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post

Picked up a gilled, grippy Global Pistol this afternoon. Gold lube still on the bottom of the slide. If they shot more than a magazine through it, I'd be surprised. I'm doin' the Happy Dance!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
1lowlife I just sent you an email about a Gen2 19 is spotted.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Walked out of a shop last night with a Gen4 FDE 19. I'm getting itchy and need to shoot it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Got a G17 gen 3 FDE lightly used and WAAAAY tighter than my gen 2 beater.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my first glock a 3rd gen G19. I never thought I would own a glock.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting how things change in a short time. When I first got here I made a strong comment about never buying Glocks. Since then a few things changed. I picked up a Kel-tec Sub 2000 Carbine in .40 with Glock mags. Which just led me to pickup a Glock 23 Gen 4. I like everything about it and it fits my hand so much better then the Sig 226 Tacops I recently bought. So as I work on a few things with the 226, I am now wondering if the 226 will be able to fit better with the E2 grip ??? But yup, I did buy a Glock, and probably not my last.

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes......I'll carry one only if mandated. Great guns though.

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't have a Glock..............Notimpressed whatsoever. If I owned one, I'd call the bitch Gladys.

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I guess BD didn't like Galdys..............just picked up a 29SF & love the way it shoots. Way more comfortable than the 23 I once had.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
So I just bought a S&W 686-4. It is not a Glock but I plan to use it to trade for a Glock 34 or 17L. Maybe another Glock 19.

I love my Glocks and it was so hard to not buy another one but I got a great deal and I can trade up I think.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: January 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting a FDE Gen 4 Model 19 just for the color and to have something in 9mm.

Posts: 115 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post