SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
quote:
Originally posted by Austerity:
Pawelm - is that a serious question? That looks like, at best, a cosmetic scratch. No, it won't hurt a Glock.

I couldn't find out what part of gun or magzine could scratch the slide at that point so it interested me.
Was serious; thanks Smile I'm new with handguns.

The piece right next to the scratch is depressed to remove the plate on the back, so the tool probably slipped in the process. The plate is removed to access the firing pin assembly to replace springs or for a detail cleaning. No worries.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scratch. Won't affect the function at all.

Glock armorer
M&P Armorer
SIG fan and shooter

Posts: 38 | Location: South Snohomish County | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
I am a 1911 and Sig fan and have never owned a Glock. This thread has pushed me to consider buying one.

It is hopeless to resist. I also have used 1911's and Sigs for my entire life (70 years). I bought a Gen4 G34 last year because of the evil influences of this thread. Even worse, I now use it as one of my carry guns (Sparks VM-2 IWB).

P.S. Para - who is the guy in the picture? Looks a little like Hugh Hefner. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Korbin
posted Hide Post
Good post, I said I would never own one they are like fat chicks fun to ride but don't let your friends see you with one...My wife bought the Glock 17c I shot it at the range for a timed training test and first time out I couldn't miss. I own many firearms my favorite is my Stag 3 next my TTT Sig 1911, I just paid for my new Glock 21sf and can't wait to shoot it. I used to be a hater not any more.....

Posts: 10 | Location: Southern California Desert | Registered: February 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
P.S. Para - who is the guy in the picture? Looks a little like Hugh Hefner. Smile
That's the visionary gang leader 'Cyrus', from Walter Hill's The Warriors.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by InTTruder:
I have bought and sold three Glocks. I now carry a 1911.

But you did buy a Glock! Cool

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG Forum Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leatherneck:
Love went south for my G22 (and so did the G22) when I fondled uh I mean I held my new 229 SCT 9MM.

When you are in denial, things seem to be so "black and white”. I just could not stand it anymore, so I came to grips with my “problem” this past week. I purchased a Gen4 31 and a Gen4 19. It is such a great feeling to be free from the guilt!

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{hugs}

It's OK to be you.

Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I shot my first GSSF match today. Then the armorer detail stripped and essentially gave my 17 a revamp. New connector, new recoil spring assembly, new ejector, and more, all for free.

I just hope I shot well enough to add another to the stable... that way I won't have to buy another Glock... for a little anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Decon:
quote:
Originally posted by InTTruder:
I have bought and sold three Glocks. I now carry a 1911.

But you did buy a Glock! Cool

I've owned ACPs since the 60s. Did Glocks and then Springfields, and now I'm home!

The Spartans do not enquire how many enemy there are; the Spartans merely enquire WHERE they are.

Posts: 7 | Location: Dallas, GA | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
WOW ... "You will buy a Glock" Has 410,000 views. Dang, that is saying something right there... Congrats Para!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of adamtheduke
posted Hide Post
I do'd it:

Friend of mine came up around Christmas with his gen 3 G19 showing me how he ground and stippled the front strap to make it like a Gen 2. He came up again last weekend with a shiny new Gen 2 G19 and offered me this one for $300. I jumped on that. Just picked it up today from the FFL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Posts: 1277 | Location: The Show-Me State | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adamtheduke:
I do'd it:

Friend of mine came up around Christmas with his gen 3 G19 showing me how he ground and stippled the front strap to make it like a Gen 2. He came up again last weekend with a shiny new Gen 2 G19 and offered me this one for $300. I jumped on that. Just picked it up today from the FFL.

You lucky bastard.. Big Grin
I need more friends like yours..
I really want a Gen 2 G19..... Frown

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I took my new Glock 19 g4 to the range yesterday and it did not disappoint. Here's the target after 150 rounds, ranging from 7-20 yards, free hand. No malfunctions of any kind, although 3 of the casings (out of 150) came back at me.

There's no question in my mind that this is the best pistol for a new shooter to learn. I plan to use it as my teaching gun for my NRA and CWP classes. Recoil friendly, accurate, simple, reliable, and easy. What more can you ask from a pistol?

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What more can you ask from a pistol?

No finger grooves? Biggest issue for me with the line. Love them but my fingers keep resting wrong on those damnable ridges (which means grinding off save for production guns).

Glock armorer
M&P Armorer
SIG fan and shooter

Posts: 38 | Location: South Snohomish County | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Morris3:
quote:
What more can you ask from a pistol?

No finger grooves? Biggest issue for me with the line. Love them but my fingers keep resting wrong on those damnable ridges (which means grinding off save for production guns).

Got Gen 2 ? Roll Eyes

Or better yet, Gen 1 ?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Almost did it again today, this one a Gen4 G21 I'd been eyeballing for a while and the shop just got back into inventory. With my discount it would've been a sweet deal but in the end though I sadly passed and bought an alternative (pics forthcoming). Reality has set in that the full size .45ACP in Glock form--even with the Gen4 wrapper--just doesn't work well enough with my unfortunate, miniscule hands. When it comes to double stacks, guess I'll just have to proceed on with my XDm45 and its mushy go-bang switch thingamajig.

Cursed...foiled by genetics.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll buy a Glock because you can't afford anything better, that is their market.

Posts: 97 | Location: St. Louis, Mo area | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former duty gun/Gen 2 is in the safe as I write. Smile

Glock armorer
M&P Armorer
SIG fan and shooter