SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
IrishWind's latent Glockosexuality is bothering him again.

I feel his pain. After ridiculing Glocks for years, I bought a Gen4 17 in 9mm, put an extended slide release on it, a (cough cough) butt plug, and fast acquisition sights.

I love it-- but secretly. I keep it hidden in my underwear drawer in a pair of socks. I believe there may be many of us.

Yes. gasp I am a Glocksocker.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Found a rebuilt. Looks like new Glock 22 Gen 4 with 3 mags at LGS for $ 445.00. Not bad

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh! I just bought a G17!

It looked like our chief was going to sign a proposal by the firearms training section that would allow us to carry the 9mm counterparts of the currently mandated .40 primary duty pistols. (G22, G23, M&P40, P226, P229) my aging, arthritic right wrist no longer tolerates the recoil dynamics of the snappy .40 fired from a high-
bore-axis P229. I put a pre-owned but seemingly pristine G17 on layaway.

Well, about the time the final payment was due, the new policy was released in mid-July, which is typically when our command staff makes major changes in firearms policy. The only change was to remove XD pistols from the list of approved primary duty pistols, though officers who insist can keep using them on a grandfathered basis.

Ah, well. I will probably keep the G17, and hope the 9mm duty cartridge issue is revisited for next year.

I am not a stranger to Glocks. I switched to G22 duty pistols in 2002, letting my grandfathered 1911 pistols lapse. (That was a moment of temporary insanity!) I switched to a P229R DAK in 2004, because I found I shoot SIG DAKs better than Glocks. But, age and wear-and-tear have caught up with me, and I figured I would switch to the milder-recoiling 9mm and also switch back to a pistol with a lower bore axis. Well, not this year; perhaps next will be better.

I can still qual with the G17, and use it on my own time, or even as a secondary weapon on the
clock, if I wish to deal with possible drama when it is time to reload during a gunfight. I may keep a long G18 magazine in the G17, and use it as a "war-bag" gun at work.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My second semiauto pistol was a glock 23. Loved the size, and in slow fire could shoot it well . Bit in rapid fire my 1911 shaped hand ( I didn't even own a 1911 at that point nor had I ever shot one) would naturally poit high. Not to mention the squared off backstrap that pounded my thumb joint at every shot. Now before everyone starts the bashing.... I wanted to like a Glock , they just didn't reciprocate in liking me. So I sold it to one of my buddies and went about buying HK's, Sigs, M&P, 1911's, all because they fit and I shot them well.

Still everytime I went to the LGS I would look at the Glock counter just hoping. Well one day they had a used 36 in the cabinet. After looking at it for a while I got the guy to hand it to me and what do you know .....fit great! it's curved single stack grip fit my hand without hurting and the sights automatically went to POA.Everytime. So it's now on layaway.

Acouple of weeks later, back in the store and something in the Glock counter caught my eye. It was shiny! Turned out it was a 21 someone had removed the black finish from the slide.Well just for the heck of it, played with it a little and guess what... same feeling. While thicker because of the double stack mag it still fit comfortably without hurting my thumb. And again it pointed perfectly. I wondered .... what gives. Then saw the letters SF on the right side. The short frame made all the difference in my hand so it now has a new home beside the bed . So moral is don't give up Glock may get it right for us 1911 handed guys yet.Would post pics but either Im noty enabled or am too dumb to do it!

Posts: 119 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Forgot how long this thread's been going....3 years & 5 some odd months.....good God the force must be strong. Cool

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Some compact and subcompact love here, folks.

I arrived at a qualification shoot with my well-loved Gen3 G19, and a Gen4 G23. Since my buddy runs this particular class, I feel responsible to help him out when I can. One of his new shooters brought a Smith Smegma in 9mm, and he simply couldn't hit with it. My friend and I both tried it. Ugh. Roughly a 12-14 lb trigger, with some grit added as an afterthought.

I unlimbered my G19 (which up until then I'd been tearing the center out of the X-ring with) and passed it to the poor bastid.

That left me in the unenviable position of shooting the G23 for score, and never mind that I'd only played with and zeroed it. I needn't have worried; I still did well, but my groups were not as clean as with the 9mm. the guy using my 19 passed well, once he had a piece that hadn't been designed by liablility counsel.

Fast forward to today. I scored a Gen4 G19 with night sights, used, for $400. It has a production date of May 2010, and all the parts are the new ones: The 'dot' connector and 0-4-3 RSA are there. How does it shoot? I'll let the board know.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Found an interesting Glock today and picked it up. It was a Gen 2 G22 that was in good shape. My LGS has been fooling around with Ceraplate and they did this one on their first run. The stainless ceracoat got some black in it and it kinda tinted the stainless. So I get it for
$ 329.99, That makes 2 gen 3 22's, 1 gen 2, and 1 gen 4. If I don't watch it I will get back up to 11 and then have to sell down again.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qasoswat
posted Hide Post
Getting a Glock is like getting your drivers license. While your growing up you ride a bike everywhere and that is good enough, then you get your drivers license (A glock) and then can't live without it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qasoswat,

Firearms Dealer.
(302)337-9877

Posts: 876 | Location: DE  | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Getting a Glock is like getting recruited by Scientologists - welcome to the cult that requires no thinking, just buy your way and and *POOF* you're a professional. Bull squeeze.

I had one of those glorious, hi tech, end all be all Glocks once, had it for exactly one month. Then I sold it after I had to get it fixed three times. The guide rod broke twice and front sight broke off.

I also have a Sig P226 made in Herdon, VA that I bought in 1989 that has about 20,000+ rounds through it, it has malfunctioned around 30 times, largely due to a major league cheap s**t magazine I bought at a gunshow for $5, being fired while extremely dirty (having gone through about 1000 rounds without bing cleaned) and firing a butt load of military surplus Egyptian ammo. Hard to blame the gun.

The idea of Glock as a 'professional's weapon' is a bigger success for Glock than the gun itself. I applaud their ubiquitous, arrogant marketing as a stratospheric victory for selling a solution to a non-existant problem. But the weapon themselves are hardly any improvement on other platforms available. I feel it is inferior, in many ways.

In fact, there are at 5 platforms I would rather have than a Glock because of their history of reliabilty and field service:

Colt 1911
CZ-75
Browning Hi-Power
Sig P226 and variants
S&W 3rd Generation

A Glock would make a nice trot line weight, I will give it that.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

The idea of Glock as a 'professional's weapon' is a bigger success for Glock than the gun itself.

"Professionals" do like them and carry them.

And you did buy a Glock. Ha. Ha. Razz

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
My Glocks have run just as well as any Sig I've owned.
I've sold all my Sigs (8 of them), yet still own the Glocks..

I've never had an issue with either..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Yes. Reread what I said.

I bought one and it was a galactic piece of plastic debris that needed repaired more often than your average Yugo.

Then I sold it. Because it sucked.

And my P226 has been kicking it's ass for over 20 years. Now THAT is worth a Ha Ha.

PS, there is most likely an appropriate cultist website for the great brainwashed (AKA a Glock Forum) where those who worship at it's hilariously overrated alter can join hands and sing "Rock Me Glockadeus" all night while sitting naked around a campfire banging a bongo.

And I'm still not sure why so many polymer fundamentalists feel the need to troll a dedicated Sig Forum preaching the doctrine of their striker fired false messiah. Is the insecurity of belonging to such a cult driving you to try to convince those who know better that you're right? Sad...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Oh, and when one of you devotees of the plastic fantastic (<---SARCASM ALERT!) do steal my "Rock Me Glockadeus" line, please feel free to say you saw it on a Sig Forum.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
TexasRaider, while I applaud the spin on the classic and hilarious Falco reference, good one hopefully I'll be able to use it some day; of course giving credit where credit is due. I think you had better read up on the Sig Forum a little more before gun company bashing.

While we do love our Sig's we aren't the all encompassed brand whores you find on other forums on the interweb. We love guns, all quality firearms, not just one manufacture's. Welcome and enjoy, one of the multitude of great things about Sig Forum is the acceptance of excellent guns and experience of other's, not just those made by one company.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
TexasRaider, while I applaud the spin on the classic and hilarious Falco reference, good one hopefully I'll be able to use it some day; of course giving credit where credit is due. I think you had better read up on the Sig Forum a little more before gun company bashing.

While we do love our Sig's we aren't the all encompassed brand whores you find on other forums on the interweb. We love guns, all quality firearms, not just one manufacture's. Welcome and enjoy, one of the multitude of great things about Sig Forum is the acceptance of excellent guns and experience of other's, not just those made by one company.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This. Being loud, bombastic & arrogant generally won't get you too far. Relax, read, enjoy the wealth of information available here.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
And I'm still not sure why so many polymer fundamentalists feel the need to troll a dedicated Sig Forum preaching the doctrine of their striker fired false messiah. Is the insecurity of belonging to such a cult driving you to try to convince those who know better that you're right? Sad...

If one would pull his head out of ass and pay atttention, he would notice that this Glock supporting thread was started and has been maintained by the owner of THIS Sigforum.

Post #1 in case you missed it:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name. You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that. But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man. It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Being a member here since 2008 TexasRaider, one would think you would know that.
I find it odd in your limited posting here in the last 4 years, that you even bothered to post in this thread.

It makes my heart flutter with joy that your P226 has worked so well for you. Smile
Yet it saddens my heart that you had such an awful experience with your Glock. Frown

Sigs and Glocks are both fine handguns, but I found the Glocks fit my needs better.
I like a consistent trigger pull.
I even tried DAK Sigs and found the trigger pull too long.

It seemed to work the other way around for you, and for that I am truly joyful.. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
And you did buy a Glock . Ha. Ha. Razz

Yes he did, which is indeed the title of this thread..

TexasRaider, “You get nothing! You lose! Good day,sir!”

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trolling? If anyone is trolling here, it is you, TexasRaider, and you, my friend, are banned.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up my 5th Glock today, a Glock 34 Gen4. Big Grin

I thought my G17 Gen4 fit together tightly but WHOA! this G34 is extremely tight fitting between the slide and frame, I am used to a little rattle like with my other Glocks but this baby is solid. I cant wait to get in some range time, I have a feeling this G34 is gonna be a tack driver!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I was cleaning and lubing my new Gen4 G32 today and noticed something. It came from the factory with anti-seize all along the slide rails. My other Glocks all used oil. The instructions say not to remove the anti-seize. Now, normally I replace the anti-seize in the few spots that need it and oil the rest.

So I'm wondering about leaving the anti-seize on the slide rails...I lean towards a few sessions with anti-seize then switching to oil as called for in the guide.

Any thoughts? BTW, I haven't shot it yet.

Run it with the anti-seize for a few hundred rounds (400-500). Clean whatever remains off and lube with your lubricant of choice.

Even though I've been chastised on the web for this, I've continued to run anti-seize on the slide rails of my older Gen3 G19 and carry Gen4 G23, with no perceptible ill effects, period, and have started using it on my FDE G23 as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post