SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 45caldan
posted Hide Post
After you have owned a Glock, hopefully you will find a PPQ and be happier! Smile

Posts: 465 | Location: central FL | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TacticalCity:
quote:
Originally posted by TacticalCity:
Had a Glock 23, didn't care for .40 as much plus it's more expensive, so I traded it for a 228. I love it! But I do miss my glock. I'm looking to pick up a Glock 19 soon. A 228 and a Glock 19, probably the best two handguns for me.

Even though I traded the G23, the simplicity and grip of the glock is missed.

That didn't take very long. Just bought a 2009 Gen 3 Glock 19 with factory night sights... But I'm in California so I have the ten day waiting period... I don't know how to express the jealousy I have towards those in free states that walk in, buy a gun, and walk out with the gun in 15 minutes.

Move to the free states while there is still time!!

Just spent 1 1/2 weeks in SoCal, longest time I've spent back there since moving away. OMG I'm so glad I don't live there any more.

Move away, hurry!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45caldan:
After you have owned a Glock, hopefully you will find a PPQ and be happier! Smile

Happier about what?

The Glock fits my needs perfectly, why look elsewhere???????

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Happier about what?

Don't bother. He doesn't know what he wants. Here's his other post in this thread from a while three and a half months ago:

quote:
Picked up a like new G19 today....real hard to do better than one of these for all around pistol needs.
Uh huh. I hope he doesn't try to change wives as often as he changes his mind on handguns. What's it gonna be in another three months? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45caldan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Happier about what?

Don't bother. He doesn't know what he wants. Here's his other post in this thread from a while three and a half months ago:

quote:
Picked up a like new G19 today....real hard to do better than one of these for all around pistol needs.
Uh huh. I hope he doesn't try to change wives as often as he changes his mind on handguns. What's it gonna be in another three months? Roll Eyes

Three months ago I hadn't handled a PPQ.
So you have never changed your mind about anything or found something you like better?
I find that hard to believe. Wink

Posts: 465 | Location: central FL | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducSTer
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you have never changed your mind about anything or found something you like better?

Flavor of the month club...

Posts: 989 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course I have, but I'm not nearly as fickle as you appear to be.

Let us know in the Fall what you think is the greatest. No doubt it will make you even happier.

Picture of 45caldan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Of course I have, but I'm not nearly as fickle as you appear to be.

Let us know in the Fall what you think is the greatest. No doubt it will make you even happier.

Meh you never know!
I have been a 1911 fan for 30 + years.
This is the FIRST polymer pistol that has a trigger I MAY like as well or better.
When I typed those words about a G19 I knew it wasn't perfect for ME but it was/is IMO, a great pistol with a NEAR perfect size for all around use. The PPQ (for me) fixed everything I would have wanted in the Glock.
I apologize for posting twice in this thread with a different point of view.
I guess we should all stop looking at any new pistols now as we should already know what we want and should grow no further..... Roll Eyes

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess we should all stop looking at any new pistols now as we should already know what we want and should grow no further..... Roll Eyes
Well...I've been there and done that. I've read about all sorts of pistols and handled all sorts of pistols, shot all sorts of pistols, owned them, fondled them, and gave much thought to the matter of which of them I should employ.

For the rest of my life (another 20 or 25 years if I'm fortunate), the Glock will be my primary defensive handgun. So now I can concentrate on shooting well, which is the point, yes?

But, of course, people need to search until they find the best fit, and they will if they're lucky.

Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
I have succumbed. Just brought home a G26 Gen4. I have tried and tried to carry my much-loved P239 .40, but with my body shape, bad back, etc, it is just a little too heavy. So, at 9 oz. lighter, it's G26's turn. I try to love them all equally..

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

For the rest of my life (another 20 or 25 years if I'm fortunate), the Glock will be my primary defensive handgun. So now I can concentrate on shooting well, which is the point, yes?

Not only that but now I feel free to just enjoy and appreciate other pistols just for the fun of it. Just enjoy them for being cool or interesting instead of constantly weighing in my mind which is "better".

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
Not only that but now I feel free to just enjoy and appreciate other pistols just for the fun of it. Just enjoy them for being cool or interesting instead of constantly weighing in my mind which is "better".

quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
In the last few years I've cycled through around 50 or so handguns. Trying to find the "perfect" one.. I sometimes think Im the most fickle of gun owners. I will say it was fun to learn about a lot of different guns. Sometimes I think I enjoyed the hunt more than the ownership..

That said I'm down to owning just a few.
This morning I picked up my updated CCW and at the top of the list is my good old Gen II G19 It's the one gun I kept going back to.
I shoot it better than any other gun I've owned. That is Def. the point..

I will say it's nice to be settled on a few good pistols..

Ya I miss owning a 228 and P-35 perhaps again someday... If I own any other than the few I have now...it will be for pure enjoyment of owning and shooting them.

The Gun I've chosen, is an old work-horse.. I know it well & fully trust it and myself to use it should the need arise. It's a simple gun to manage and operate. Gen II Glock 19

^ Those are both really good points and have been my experiences as well.

I'd like to a P228 again for range shooting.
Someday I will.

I'm still in the lookout for a Gen 2 G19 as pictured above.
I really like my Gen 3 G19, just not very fond of those finger grooves..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
ok, got me again!
Finally got a chance to post a pick of my new G22 Gen4.

Here she is, unmolested...
Put a few hundred rounds through it, and I gotta say that I do see a difference with the dual recoil spring system. Definitely less "sharp".

Since that pic, I've put on a Dawson .105 x.170 front fiber optic, adjustable Glock rear, Ghost Rocket connector and springs. The pistol is really a great shooter.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
After much contemplation, I now believe that Para actually titled this magnificent thread incorrectly.... Instead of "You will buy "a" Glock", I believe now that it should have been titled "You will buy "many" Glocks"....

I sold a gen4 G19 and ended up with a leftover (15) round magazine, so I bought a gen3 G19 from 2004 with a very low round count.

Note the extractor pics.... For an (8) year old pistol, even with a low round count, that extractor shows almost no wear. My newer Glock pistols all showed nearly immediate wear to the extractor.

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
For an (8) year old pistol, even with a low round count

Nice snag,...looks like it's been in someones sock drawer for the last 8 years, just waiting for a good home!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
Many like it, but this one is mine.

Too lazy to copy to a host other than Instagram.

http://instagr.am/p/NOjHjkyogN/

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heatinajeep:
Many like it, but this one is mine.

Too lazy to copy to a host other than Instagram.

http://instagr.am/p/NOjHjkyogN/

Well a Glock looks like any other Glock... except when you have a big greasy finger print on your's making it completely original. LOL!!!

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
it's bacon grease too.

and not a single fuck was given.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's bacon grease too.

Did some one get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Calm down man, its all for fun.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's bacon grease too.

That made me LOL a little.

I rather like the attitude given.. Big Grin
That phrase will now be added to my vocabulary and used often.. Razz