SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just got my 4th RTF this week. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
Jumped on the Aim Surplus sale and got a G26 Gen 4 coming in. Can't wait. Cool

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've got one of those. I think the G19 RTF2 is the perfect bugout bag/survival kit pistol. They came with straight serrations or the short-lived curved serrations, and I strongly prefer the straight serrations.

I installed Trijicons and a smooth trigger and it's ready to go.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by submoa:
Well, I guess it's time I enter this thread to point out I have no need what-so-ever to buy a Glock Razz

My current 17/19/26/34/17L/36/30/21/22/23/27/35/24/29/20/31/32/33 and Robarized 22 Eek should be able to handle pretty much whatever comes up Wink Cool Big Grin

Ya gotta get one more to make it an even 20!

Got me there Warhorse...and upon further reflection, my flawed assessment failed to take into account the G18 as well Wink Big Grin

They are a hoot to shoot Big Grin Cool

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
OK, I just bought and installed a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel on my G22. Very nice.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My 10mm Glocks.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've got one of those. I think the G19 RTF2 is the perfect bugout bag/survival kit pistol. They came with straight serrations or the short-lived curved serrations, and I strongly prefer the straight serrations.

I installed Trijicons and a smooth trigger and it's ready to go.

Para:

What did you do to the trigger? A friend of mine mentioned a ghost connector, is this a common upgrade?

Thanks

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
My 10mm Glocks.

What is handling like on the Glock 29?

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
I put a smooth trigger on my G19 about six months ago. It's becoming a popular thing to do and it does make the G19 a lot nicer.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by delta 2:
I put a smooth trigger on my G19 about six months ago. It's becoming a popular thing to do and it does make the G19 a lot nicer.

I've done this at some point with every compact Glock I own. Haven't regretted it a bit; the smooth faced trigger face just works better for me than the standard serrated one does.

That said, on my G19 I've been running an aftermarket ZEV Fulcrum, and despite some initial issues with my brain and mindset in getting used to a radically (for a Glock) new trigger shape I have to say that I'm sorry that I've done this, because I've gotten to the point that I now want to swap out EVERY factory trigger for one of these with the rest of my Glocks. The improvements with this Glockworx mod have been truly habit-forming.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend of mine mentioned a ghost connector, is this a common upgrade?

Going with a 'lighter' connector is a popular modification; it eases up the pull a bit and generally those who do it think the gun's better for it. Personally I've developed a strong dislike for the Ghost products; I've had a tough time getting a couple of different connectors from them to run reliably in a couple of my Glocks, and have changed over to other alternatives as a result. Others may laud Ghost and their connectors, but I won't be joining in with them.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

It is not too bad for recoil. It is factory stock and I keep it loaded with Winchester 175 grain Silverpoints. Since I retired and can dress around my carry guns, it has become more of a safe queen.

I alternate carrying one of the G20SFs and one of my Sig P238 HDWs. I leave the Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Underwood hot loads for the G20SFs. I have a six inch factory barrel for the G20SFs and 22 pound ISMI recoil springs with stainless guide rods from Lone Wolf.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is not too bad for recoil. It is factory stock and I keep it loaded with Winchester 175 grain Silverpoints. Since I retired and can dress around my carry guns, it has become more of a safe queen.

I alternate carrying one of the G20SFs and one of my Sig P238 HDWs. I leave the Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Underwood hot loads for the G20SFs. I have a six inch factory barrel for the G20SFs and 22 pound ISMI recoil springs with stainless guide rods from Lone Wolf.

When i first got my FFL back in Feb. I celebrated by buying a 20fs. The 10mm round amazes me for some reason. My only complaint is finding defense ammo for it. I think i finally settled on double tap hollow point.

But i really just bought the gun for back packing and when im out on my ATV.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I really will buy a Glock. When I was first shopping for a gun I held several makes and models, did research, and made sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. That resulted in the purchase of my first SP2022 in 9mm. To this day it is still my favorite gun and the one I shoot the best with. I never had gotten an opportunity to fire a Glock but the ones I had fondled in the stores just didn't seem to fit my hand well at all. I'm a small guy (5'5", around 140-145 lbs) and the Glocks all felt too big and kind of "boxy" (best word I can come up with). Therefore I never bought a Glock and never looked into them any further. As a result of that, I know exactly jack-shit about Glocks.

Last week a friend of mine (who is a Glock guy) told me I really needed to try out his G26. While I hadn't ever been interested in Glocks I certainly wasn't opposed to having a chance to actually fire one. Off we went to the range and into my hands went the G26. The first thing I noticed is that it fit much better than any other Glock I had ever picked up. There weren't any odd controls to learn so I was able to start shooting. I shot pretty well with it. Maybe not as well as with my 2022 but still well.

I don't know if it was a Gen 3 or Gen 4 (I'll have to ask him tomorrow) or if he had made any mods to the grip or anything else. I do know that I liked the gun, I shot well with it, and that I may have to consider a Glock 26 the next time I'm looking to make a purchase. The only issue I really had was that twice after the first shot in the magazine, the slide came back and cracked me in the thumb of my covering (left) hand. I modified my grip and had no further issues, though this is the grip I use to shoot everything else, so I don't want to have to stop and think about changing my grip before shooting with one particular pistol.

Overall I'm glad I got the chance to fire a Glock and the experience has opened up a new avenue for me when it comes time for another handgun purchase. While I never thought I would "buy a Glock" I never posted in this thread about it (seems pointless to create a post just to say "nuh-uh"). Now it seems that at some point, I just may in fact, buy a Glock.

------------------------------
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night.

Posts: 502 | Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

When i first got my FFL back in Feb. I celebrated by buying a 20fs. The 10mm round amazes me for some reason. My only complaint is finding defense ammo for it. I think i finally settled on double tap hollow point.

Check out the new guys at Underwood. Their prices are much better. Their balistics are from a Glock G20.

http://www.underwoodammo.com/10mmauto.aspx

U.S. Army, Retired

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Check out the new guys at Underwood. Their prices are much better. Their balistics are from a Glock G20.

http://www.underwoodammo.com/10mmauto.aspx

Thanks, appreciate it!

posted Hide Post
What I have found that works better than the Ghost 3.5 connectors is putting a Gen 4 "." connector in a Gen 3 gun.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pterodon
posted Hide Post
Good idea. Get to keep it all Glock stock that way, too. Last I heard you had to provide a serial number from a Gen 4 gun before Glock would sell you one of the dot connectors. Still true, or are these generally available now?

Posts: 42 | Registered: February 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pterodon:
Good idea. Get to keep it all Glock stock that way, too. Last I heard you had to provide a serial number from a Gen 4 gun before Glock would sell you one of the dot connectors. Still true, or are these generally available now?

Not sure if they are available yet. I got my hands on a few of them from doing connector changes on other peoples Glocks. Some of them let me keep the stock connector.

For God and Country,

Shannon

posted Hide Post
Looks like they are available. here.

Well crap. They are asking for the first three digits of the serial number as well.

For God and Country,

Shannon