SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In regards to the late Gen.3 and Gen.4 debacle I think I'll wait till Glock gets em right before I buy a new one. That said I think I'll start haunting the local pawn shops for an old Gen 2 19, as most of local dealers are either hoarding their used Glocks for "preferred customers" and/or pushing people into Gen.4s.
As too the accidental discharge thing, I call it "Operator Error"! In other words keep your finger OFF the trigger till you decide to shoot! And always check to see if it has a chambered round before dry firing or praticeing drills! Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
...the accidental discharge thing...
Say what?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
...the accidental discharge thing...
Say what?

He's referring to this.

quote:

bdmerc1

Posted May 26, 2012 10:52 PM Hide Post
I'll buy one as soon as they put a real safety on it. It never gets publicized, but the number of a.d.'s with Glocks is disturbing.

Grant it that safe gun handling could prevent most incidents, but the Glock is not very forgiving when improperly handled!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I did the first detail strip of my G19 yesterday to install my LWD 3.5# connector and NY trigger spring.

I can't believe how easy this pistol is to disassemble.
After trying this and that combo with the 3.5 and stock connector and the stock and NY spring, I was able to strip the frame in 10 seconds or less.

Amazing..

I ended up with the 3.5 connector and the stock trigger spring.
The NY spring made it a bit heavy, but it was indeed like a DA revolver pull as advertised.

This thread had a lot to do with my purchase of my G19.
I always balked at the Glock grip angle, but it is hardly noticeable when I handle it now.

We as humans, easily adapt.. Cool

I've sold 4 XD pistols because of the sloppy trigger.

This G19 is a keeper.
Thinking about buying another one or a G26..

Amazingly easy! I detail stripped mine recently and put a smooth face trigger along with a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector in it. Also did the 25 cent trigger job with Flitz. Simple and very easy to do.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
This sums it up nicely for me...

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Sums it up for me too, though he's missing out on the G20/21 sweetness IMHO.

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spad2008
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 26....I sold it to some sucker for more then I paid for it. For all to witness,I will never buy a Glock again. Bill

Sig Pro 9mm
Sig P6
Colt Combat Commander, Colt Series 70 Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911
CZ PO-1
FN-HP's
Taurus PT111
Makarov
NRA-LIFE
VETERAN

Posts: 607 | Location: Kennewick, Wa | Registered: October 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spad2008:
I bought a Glock 26....I sold it to some sucker for more then I paid for it. For all to witness,I will never buy a Glock again. Bill
But you did buy one.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdmerc1:
I'll buy one as soon as they put a real safety on it. It never gets publicized, but the number of a.d.'s with Glocks is disturbing.

Grant it that safe gun handling could prevent most incidents, but the Glock is not very forgiving when improperly handled!

Being as "it never gets publicized" how are you privy to this info? And regardless there is no such thing as and a.d. More like a n.d.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I completely understand...You have a brilliant moment of clarity where you finally get something right...And then you piss it all away... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I must credit to the Glock-

While at the range Sunday morning, a gent two lanes over (to the left, of course) was shooting a Glock in .45ACP which was ejecting VERY consistently into my lane, mainly upon my head and into my shirt pocket... (I usually wear a Levi's denim shirt over other shirt at the range).

Nearing the end of my session, I asked him if he was saving his brass, and when he said "yes, I try to" I pointed to the pile I'd swept from my lane and also offered him what had landed in my pocket.

A couple of grins later, I learned his name is Larry.

In our exchange, we talked of observing each-other's respective groups, etc., and I introduced him to a Wilson 1911... he loved it... and he shot it well... he was actually raving about it... Glock might lose his next purchase, but I'm sure he'll be back.

Posts: 3314 | Location: Surf City, USA | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still worried about Waco. Anybody got anything to say to him, you better do it now, cause he's gonna be servin' hard time for robbery after that deal! Big Grin

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

I completely understand...You have a brilliant moment of clarity where you finally get something right...And then you piss it all away... Smile

LOL Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Amazing deal there, Waco. That customized P6 is indeed sweet, but the Glocks and gear you got for it in return is even sweeter.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
Alas; I STILL do not own a Glock.

Well, don't show up at the bath house until you get a towel... Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I had one a while back and a G-19 is definitely in my future one day soon.

I like it with the integrated railed Tac light laser combo.

Posts: 11357 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for page 200, maybe I'll have my Glock by then!

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Maybe others have been waiting for the 200 mark to buy a Glock too.

Still thinking about a 17, 19 or 36 for my next one.

Pop!

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
C'mon, you know you want one ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post