SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If you buy a handgun, or a hammer, and are concerned about how you look while using it, you should kill yourself.

I prefer Estwing hammers, because they will not break, and can be used as ripping bars.

I have Glocks, because they will perform their task under severe abuse.

Frankly, I think people who don't "like" Glocks don't understand tools.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
Yes, Arc, I agree (even about the hammers). I inherited an Estwing, and it is awesome.

It's totally not pretty, but it functions like a champ. Just like my Glocks (though, I do find a certain amount of beauty in function). Guess my sarcasm didn't translate well. Smile

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiginTN:
My personal opinion is that they look like a Pez Candy dispenser and have no aesthetic qualities whatsoever.
Oh, you want a pretty gun with "aesthetics". I see. Myself, I want a bullet launching machine that works like all get-out.

But if your gun has to be pretty and aesthetically pleasing, well shit man, you just go out there and find the beautiful gun of your dreams!! {cue theme from St. Elmo's Fire}

I avoid this dilemma by owning more than my share of handguns. Some of them are pretty, some ain't. So, when I'm having one of those Calgon-take-me-away moments, I can muster a whole shitload of pretty, pretty guns.

Razz

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leejack
posted Hide Post
I'll pass also, they're not natural pointers in my hand. I shoot them well and I understand tools very well, but this tool is just not for me.

Posts: 302 | Location: The Alamo! | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leejack:
I'll pass also, they're not natural pointers in my hand. I shoot them well and I understand tools very well, but this tool is just not for me.
At least your decision is based upon rationality, and not emotion. Wink

posted Hide Post
Is this the longest running thread in the history of the internet??

-------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leejack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yes indeed, they are great guns but the ergos were designed for somebody else, I just think they point high. Nice guns though. Smile

Posts: 302 | Location: The Alamo! | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harbinger:
Yes, Arc, I agree (even about the hammers). I inherited an Estwing, and it is awesome.

It's totally not pretty, but it functions like a champ. Just like my Glocks (though, I do find a certain amount of beauty in function). Guess my sarcasm didn't translate well. Smile

The main feature is the neck of the hammer, which can be used as a ripping bar.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
It's certainly the longest running Glock thread in the history of this forum.

Can...you...DIGIIIIIIIIT?!!

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My wife has a G19, she loves it. I have a G23 RTF2 with the weird texture. I love it, I shoot IDPA and GSSF with it. it has been to several courses with me. It has preformed to full expectation.

I have sigs and other guns but my "if I can take just one handgun to mars" it will be my Glock.

now my crises. I have my GSSF coupon and I absolutely cannot decide what to do. Gen 4 G23? a G32? a 27, arghh . . . I cant decide. Heck I am even considering the 10mm .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leejack
posted Hide Post
quote:

-------------------

I'm impressed. I've seen glock threads in other forums closed down after two or three pages, due the insults thrown in both directions. This place seems quite civil by comparison. Very nice.

posted Hide Post
quote:

-------------------

No but ironically there is one over at Glocktalk in their area dedicated to 10mm Glocks, that has easily been going since before George Bush Jr. got elected in 2000.

Best,

Dave

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1032 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer: For Hire:
No but ironically there is one over at Glocktalk in their area dedicated to 10mm Glocks, that has easily been going since before George Bush Jr. got elected in 2000.
How is that ironic? Seems appropriate to me.

posted Hide Post
I thought the gentleman was being ironic about this being the longest thread in internet history, that happens to be talking about Glocks, when in actuality there is one over at GT that has been going since January 10, 2001, and might be in contention for that title.

BTW,I stand corrected about before George Bush getting elected, though the election may have been validated by then.

Best regards always,

Dave

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1032 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer: For Hire:
I thought the gentleman was being ironic about this being the longest thread in internet history, that happens to be talking about Glocks, when in actuality there is one over at GT that has been going since January 10, 2001, and might be in contention for that title.
I still see no irony.

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm callin' Alanis Morissette...bitch lied to me...

Never trust a woman...unless she shoots a Glock. Wink

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Can you (and anyone else complaining about the grip angle) get your lead on target reliably? If so, is this a real issue?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yes indeed, they are great guns but the ergos were designed for somebody else, I just think they point high. Nice guns though. Smile

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tulsamal:
quote:
Single-action revolvers are lined up on the top shelf. Double-action revolvers are lined up on the second shelf. Semi-auto pistols are on the third shelf.

You've either got really, really, really, REALLY long shelves...... or you don't have enough handguns!!!

Gregg

You are right. They are long shelves and I don't have enough handguns, especially Glocks. I need another safe.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
If you buy a handgun, or a hammer, and are concerned about how you look while using it, you should kill yourself.

I prefer Estwing hammers, because they will not break, and can be used as ripping bars.

I have Glocks, because they will perform their task under severe abuse.

Frankly, I think people who don't "like" Glocks don't understand tools.

Arc one of the best posts here in a long time.. Couldn't agree more..

Well just so we are clear..........I have shot a Glock and could nail a bullseye with it with no problem. I've also got several Estwing hammers one of which I have actually broken. The Glock thing just ain't my thing. It's not just Glocks. I don't own any striker fired weapons. If that's what you want to spend your money on, I've certainly got no problem with that. I don't put down anyone that owns a Glock as long as they know how to use it and can be reasonably accurate with it. As for me, I will spend my money on what I damned well want to spend it on with NO regard whatsoever for what everyone else thinks. It would be my opinion that there are other fine tools out there besides Glocks and Estwings.

And there are lots more folks than just me who buy guns based somewhat (not solely but somewhat) on their appearance. That's the reason that folks list the condition of an old Colt or S&W when they sell it and the reason that some folks are making pink guns and guns with pink grips. I know folks that have been collecting guns for longer than I have been alive that won't touch a stainless or a nickel plated revolver because they don't like the looks of it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, a gun is not just a tool and hasn't been since somebody decided to plate a revolver or engrave a bunch of "stuff" in the finish.

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiginTN:
And there are lots more folks than just me who buy guns based somewhat (not solely but somewhat) on their appearance. That's the reason that folks list the condition of an old Colt or S&W when they sell it and the reason that some folks are making pink guns and guns with pink grips. I know folks that have been collecting guns for longer than I have been alive that won't touch a stainless or a nickel plated revolver because they don't like the looks of it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, a gun is not just a tool and hasn't been since somebody decided to plate a revolver or engrave a bunch of "stuff" in the finish.
Do you really think it's necessary to explain to us that one's choice of firearms is very frequently based on a number of factors other than functionality?
You have no idea the number of finely-finished firearms I and others here own, nor of the appreciation we have for these firearms. A man can own a pickup truck and a fine sports car at the same time, and right now, we're talking about pickup trucks. If that makes you feel as if you're the only one in here who appreciates sports cars, you're welcome to keep your blinders on.

Now, may I suggest you find another thread to inhabit?