SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I held off on buying a Glock 17 or 19 because I couldn't stand the Gen 3 finger grooves. Finally found a like new Gen 2 last summer and bought it for $400. I really enjoy shooting that pistol.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
If the last gun on earth was a Glock, I would choose throwing stones.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tried to like them came close to buying
but my Signess pulled me back, close as I've
gotten to glock is my new XDm 5.25

No glockage for me, nothing wrong with the gun
just so many glock glock glock people it turns me off.

Plus I've harrased my glock friends so much
I couldn't buy one or I'd take crap forever...

Now I want another Sig...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Picked up an unfired G19 with old extractor (k serial number) yesterday. That makes GLOCK number 35 I think.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why? They are accurate, reliable, lightweight, high capacity, easy to work on, tons of holsters/accessories, and affordable.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Code Warrior
Picture of viking442
posted Hide Post
quote:

It will haunt your dreams until the day you finally buy one. LOL

Posts: 5177 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uh...Ok? Roll Eyes

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This 3rd Gen G35 followed me home earlier this week. I just picked up a threaded 9mm conversion barrel and a bunch of spare mags. Smile

My Glock collection is small but covers the roles of CCW (G19) camping/wilderness gun (G20SF) and competition/fun range gun (G35). As far as Glocks go I think I am set for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of derrelw
posted Hide Post
No I won't.

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross"

Posts: 588 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Yes, I guess I will after all. After years of toying with the idea of a glock, I finally pulled the trigger on a G36 from a fellow forum member. While i won't have it for a week or so, I look forward to seeing if they are all they're cracked up to be. If so it will become my EDC.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it safe to buy the Gen 4 now?

Posts: 688 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, I'm starting to think about them at night.

Posts: 688 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kmichael:
Is it safe to buy the Gen 4 now?

Absolutely. I have a late November 2011 Gen 4 19, and the thing has worked like any old Glock should since round number 1. I really like the new bigger and easier to press mag release. The backstraps, I could take or leave.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
No, I really won't! That is not to say that Glocks aren't good guns. They are, but they just do not fit me. It is like picking up a brick.

Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
At this point, I would wager (and this is largely based on personal experience that I have experienced personally...) People aren't so turned off by the guns themselves as they are the mindless, cult-like follower zombies.

Case in point - a short protective shooting course I attended last year. The drooling imbecile standing next to me (wearing tacti-cool-everything) sees my P228 and states "You should get a Glock." Not wanting to appear anti-social I resisted the urge to respond with "You should STFU Walter." Note that there were only 8 or 9 of us & the class was fairly evenly split between 1911's, XD, Glocks... but only 1 other Sig. A guy had a P229 duo in 9mm. (Very sweet! Mad) I don't know what Mr. Middy's fucking problem was because he didn't seem to be bothering anyone else. I wonder if he commented to the guy with the 229.

I've owned more than one & would readily snatch up another 2nd gen because they don't have the ridiculous finger grooves. I hate those damned things. I'd love to pick up another G19 or two.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've owned more than one & would readily snatch up another 2nd gen because they don't have the ridiculous finger grooves. I hate those damned things. I'd love to pick up another G19 or two.

They're super easy to modify for someone handy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psychobastard:
At this point, I would wager (and this is largely based on personal experience that I have experienced personally...) People aren't so turned off by the guns themselves as they are the mindless, cult-like follower zombies.

Exactly, got a couple of Glockophiles in the group, glock glock glock, so I just buy another Sig LOL

About the only glock I'd go for is the 10mm version as it's a cheap way to get a 10mm gun..

Or I could go used 220 conversion....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
We have a local swap guide and a year ago I drove an hour to persue a good deal on a Glock only because the guy wrote in his add "try before you buy" I did, it was accurate but it did not feel right! I shot a couple of mags through it too, but I could'nt justify buying it, in all honesty it felt chinsy, that might be because in my mind I want STEEL.so when I told him I would have to pass, he brought out a 1 year old CZ 75 sp 01 custom shop he paid $1275.00 for and he said I will take $ 850.00 cash, I held it and said where is the nearest atm? had $400.00 for the glock, so basically I owe a big thanks to all the Glock hoopla that led me to this fine ending.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

They're super easy to modify for someone handy.

For a while, Brownell's web site actually had a step-by-step instruction set on how to remove these. It was quite informative & their final result made the pistol look like the grooves has never been there. Sadly, it was removed - according to rumor - at the request of Glock corporate.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post