SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of faol
posted Hide Post
Arrrgh! You got me! After years of keeping my distance from those tupperware shooters (except for the one they issued me), I finally broke down and picked up a Glock 23 RTF with night sights. How can I ever show my face in public again?!?!

Veritas vos liberabit

Posts: 2013 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: December 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Yep...bought a gen 4 G21

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 19. My fourth model 19. Shell packet date of a couple weeks ago. Fantastic gun. Runs like a top.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaSigger
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not yet. And not in the foreseeable future.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Not as far South as I'd like to be | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaSigger:
If you go back through the hunnert fitty seben pages of this thread, you'll find a surprising number of comments from members who said they'd never buy a Glock, but then bought one (or several) anyway.

So, you take your time, man. There's no rush. When you're the Glock, the Glock will be ready for you. Smile

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrjefe2u
posted Hide Post
I sold my Glock 19 a few months ago.

I bought another G19 gen 4 last week for my wife.

Go figure.

Larry

Posts: 18 | Location: Panhandle o' Texas | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
Yup, bought my first, A G23 about 3 years before this thread was started. Bought a G30 just a month ago, And was considering a G19 just yesterday.

They may not be the Ideal gun for some, But any gun that can be dropped in the mud and left for 6 months then picked up and commence to empty the mag. IMO is a damned good combat weapon.

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrjefe2u:
I sold my Glock 19 a few months ago.

I bought another G19 gen 4 last week for my wife.

Go figure.
It's a mystery.

Picture of BamaSigger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
If you go back through the hunnert fitty seben pages of this thread, you'll find a surprising number of comments from members who said they'd never buy a Glock, but then bought one (or several) anyway.

So, you take your time, man. There's no rush. When you're the Glock, the Glock will be ready for you. Smile
Yeah, I've seen those. I'm just biding my time......I can't wait til the winds shift and I join the legion.....

Posts: 1459 | Location: Not as far South as I'd like to be | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never fired one or even handled one. When my Agency went to the G22, first thing I did was get an exemption to carry something else. Just have zero desire. Not knocking them as I know they work, just doesn't work for me. Long live Smith & Wesson!!

Posts: 165 | Location: Springfield, Or. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Irish10:
Never fired one or even handled one. When my Agency went to the G22, first thing I did was get an exemption to carry something else. Just have zero desire. Not knocking them as I know they work, just doesn't work for me. Long live Smith & Wesson!!
Nothing like making decisions about emergency equipment, based upon emotion. Razz

Picture of BamaSigger
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Nothing like making decisions about emergency equipment, based upon emotion. Razz

As opposed to money and the bottom line?

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a 29SF to go with my 20SF, holy crap is that fun to shoot. I swear I was giggling like an 8 year old girl the whole 300 rounds!

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always said I'd never buy a plastic gun again. (I bought a S&W Sigma as my first handgun, I know . . . Frown) Then I discovered H&K's and my hate for plastic lessened, especially after handling a HK45 and a P30. I ended up buying a 9mm USP and P30 3 years ago.

I had fired a large number of rounds through rental Glocks in all sizes and several calibers, but I always had a problem with the grip angle, grip length (front to back), and slide bite. I have huge meaty hands, but relatively short fingers. Up until a few months ago I was still severely anti-Glock.

But then I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 17, and all my problems seemed to disappear. Last week I traded the USP for a Gen 4 G34. After installing a Grip Force Adapter to solve my slide bite issues, I'm smitten. Big Grin

It pains me, but I'm considering trading my P220 Elite and my P30 in for a Glock 21SF and 19 Gen 4. I think 2 more GFAs and 3 sets of Heinie SlantPros are in the works too.

Posts: 18 | Location: The Coastal Bend | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

As opposed to money and the bottom line?

He said he likes S & W, so maybe it's revolvers he's sticking with. I wish I had my old Combat Magnum back again, just for memory's sake, but I'd never carry one of those on duty today. Can't argue with firepower when the BGs have it too.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Looks like I will have Glock number 4 this weekend. Found a nice used G21 3rd Gen for a good price!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I know what ya mean... #4 came home with me tonight.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
I know what ya mean... #4 came home with me tonight.

What did you get???

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Latenight GunBroker bid...
unfired G29SF + 3 extra mags and a heavier guide rod/spring combo all new in wrapper

Completes my set of fullsize/subcompact 10mm and 45acp's

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a new Walther PPQ last night. It is very Glock like. With out the creation of the Glock, there would not be Glock tribute pistols. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post