SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harbinger:
There have been a few people on here that have done an exceptional homemade undercut to the trigger guard.

quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:

If your talking about the bottom of the trigger guard, on the side where the frame meets the guard, yes all of mine did.

I cut that area down and then sand smooth, creating and blending the radius. Works great.

I was considering that on my new G19.
It seems it would improve my grip a bit to undercut the trigger guard like I had done to my EMP.
Just that small amount removed help a lot.

Any instruction threads around for the Glock...?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I snapped this photo prior to returning the G19 to the Mothership. Dead night sights, only one no drop magazine, two mis-matched ten round mags, nothing to look at. "Plain". I think the Amish people use this term to describe things, even women. It works for a Glock.

A few hours and some twenty parts later.

I had the dead NS replaced with factory steel sights. All three mags were upgraded to drop free high capacity mags, all internal frame parts replaced, all parts in the slide BUT my old non-LCI extractor were replaced. The frame rails were bevel cut on the rear edges. Also got a G26 mag rebuilt and a +2 extension installed on it. I paid $20.00 for the steel sights, everything else was free. I love Glock customer service.

I stopped on the way home and purchased a grip frame insert. No accessory rail, no finger grooves. John Wayne never needed those things, I should be fine without them.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Nice G19!

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Love the 2nd gen guns.

They honestly may start to have a following similar to the W. German Sigs. Well, maybe not as strong a following :-)

Posts: 270 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
It's official now, I prefer shooting my Glocks. It took a year, but I'm there now.

I'm just killing it with the G20SF. It just never gets old, so perhaps that's why I'm shooting it so well. Shooting the G19 a lot too, and shooting better with it than with any pistol I've ever owned. I'm really fond of the positive trigger reset.

Sure, I would probably also like a M&P, but why should I have to give Apex the extra money to get that crisp reset? Too bad it isn't included stock.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a lightly loved 3rd gen G17 w/ 50% night sights at the last show, mostly because it was a good price and I already had 3x 33rd mags laying around for picking up LE sidearms suring the zombie apocalypse.

Granted, I was using WWB at 25yds, but I was less than impressed with the pistol's accuracy versus my HK, Sig, and Beretta 9mm's. Perhaps a good cleaning, decent ammo, and 15yds would prove a better test?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AndyM1911
posted Hide Post
I sold my Glock.

I am now Glockless Big Grin

Posts: 5185 | Location: Live Free Or Die | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
But you bought a glock first.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a glock. Gen4 G26. Love it. Wife got a glock 19.

Posts: 64 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndyM1911:
I sold my Glock.

A Glock Haiku

I once had a Glock
I was foolish and sold my Glock
I bought a new Glock

or...

1. No Glock
2. Glocked
3. Sold Glock
4. New Glock
5. ReGlocked

Part of the great circle of Glock... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Gen4 G23 today. Darn Glocks.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of badge38
posted Hide Post
Thank you fo the input. I meant it in a positive way.... as I'm trying to make a decision between a Gen 4 Glock 23 or SIG 239 SAS. Also have a SP 2022 lurking in the back of my brain.
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by badge38:
If they are that "glockulous" why trade and sell them so often ? Roll Eyes

Its simple and it actually applies to all guns. Many of us often don't fully appreciate or know how to appreciate them when we have them. This is esp. true for Glocks since so many people merely understand them as guns that go bang when you pull the trigger, which plenty of other guns can do. So what's so special about Glocks then? We came to realize Glocks true virtues as we developed as shooters ie. more than just slow fire target shooting and pushed them in settings like handgun courses or competition. I've sold and rebought Beretta 92's, BHP's, 1911's, SIG Sauer's and various revolvers as well over the decades because as I developed and changed as a shooter I knew my initial assesments of these guns were limited by my lack of experience, dumb hangups like the way a gun looks, how it "feels", or caliber. As we develop and mature as shooters we realize we shouldn't necessarily get to pick the handguns but certain handguns should naturally gravitate towards you.

I also wanted to switch from .40 Glocks to 9mm Glocks.

Posts: 530 | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, I phoned Trijicon this morning and asked if I returned the dead sights I removed from my Glock 19 could they be re-lamped. Yes, they can, $54.00, a week to ten days return time. Trijicon will issue a return authorization number and enter you into their computer system. I will send mine out Monday.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sold my Glock.

I'm just about to put my 9mm 1st Gen P239 SAS up for sale.
Once it is gone I will be Sigless... Razz
I never thought this would happen.. Eek

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I sold my Glock.

The last of my Sig's will be gone in the morning. Now I have are Glock's. Crazy!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Decon:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I sold my Glock.

The last of my Sig's will be gone in the morning. Now I have are Glock's. Crazy!

I'm SIGless too and gone totally Glock but there are days I miss my old German proofed KF dated P226 9mm. Shot a P226 Navy a few weeks ago and that only confirmed my feelings. I don't miss the DA/SA trigger, although I have to say all the DA revolver shooting had perhaps allowed me to perform better than I thought I would.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of medicman7
posted Hide Post
I have owned two Glock 23's over the years, but had to sell for military assignment reasons. Found myself always ending up back to where I started (looking for a Glock). I happened upon a new G17 CoolGEN 4 for $499.00 and just couldn’t pass it up. However, when it comes to classics with charter the “SIG” is where it’s at for me. Love’m both

Posts: 56 | Location: Adams, New York | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not while I'm still breathing. Unfortunately, my son is a Glock fan, so the inheritance is in jeopardy.

Posts: 101 | Registered: May 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ODell:
Not while I'm still breathing.
Zombay!!!

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nightwizard40
posted Hide Post
Ok Para, I am going to have to eat my words. I did buy a Glock Big Grin

My new to me Glock 78!

Posts: 2011 | Location: Central AL | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post