SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that this thread is on 119 pages! Well, I just got my GSSF voucher today so I see (another) Glock in my near future Smile I think I am going to try a Gen4 23.

-----------------------------
NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer - http://firearms.fortreg.com

Posts: 2174 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I get my Coupon in December and if all is well I will be getting my last Glock for the year. It will be a G35 or G20SF. Hard to decide but I love my G29OD

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glocks are like money.. Easy to sell and trade.

Yep, over the last 5 years I have owned six different Gen 3 19s, two Gen 4 19s, and I currently own two Gen 2 19s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I started out on the Dark Side and have been very comfortable there. I purchased a Glock 20 in 1992. I qualified with it and a S&W 640 for my Nevada Concealed Carry permit. They listed the guns you were allowed to carry on the permit after you passed their written test and qualified with a state certified instructor. I now have an Oregon Concealed Carry permit.

Over the years, I added a G20SF, G29SF, G21SF, G30SF, Gen 4 G17, and a G26. I went even farther into the Dark Side and added a Magnum Research Desert Eagle 50AE and BFR 50AE with a 7.5” barrel to my Dark Side collection. My favorite handgun round is the 10mm. I also have an EAA Witness Stainless (15+1) and a Ruger Blackhawk in 10mm/38-40.

I carried my Desert Eagle and two spare magazines concealed once just to prove to a friend that I could. I carry my Glock 20SF or my S&W XVR-460 magnum with a 5” barrel and two speed loaders concealed when I go out into the woods. You never know when you will meet zombies or other dangerous critters traveling through the Dark Side.

I guess my only faint glimpses of the Bright Side are from my Sig 556 HALO and the new P238-HDW purchased last week.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had plastic guns as a kid don't want them now

Sig XO 1911, Sig 220 Carry SAS, S&W MP 38 S&W ctg pre-victory, S&W 686, 6 inch, S&W 686 3 inch, Ruger MK III, AK47, Mosberg 500

Posts: 66 | Location: Fort Worth TX | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think I'm finally gonna get around to buying a G34. And then, well...I'll have all the Glocks I need.

Really

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gorenut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badge38:
With all that said ..... I have a simple question. If it were you ... Glock 19 ... or SIG 2022 .... Roll Eyes

Both are great. Before I got my G34, the SP2022 is the gun I shot the best with and I've owned P-series Sigs as well as H&K.

Posts: 878 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think I'm finally gonna get around to buying a G34. And then, well...I'll have all the Glocks I need.

Really

I regret selling my 34.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I want a G34 so frickin' bad. I hope I do not like my recently acquired USP 9mm, so I can justify a trade or selling it to fund a G34.

But alas, I bet I will end up loving the USP, and have to keep saving pennies. Sigh.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a G19 (gen 3) about 4 days, but I still love Sigs and my Raptor. I wouldn't even have considered the Glock, but I was shopping for the SP2022 and which led me to Glock, which led me to see how much more stuff there is for the Glock, and price wise they were about the same for me, since I get a LE discount for being a nerdy security guard while I'm in school!

Posts: 31 | Location: US | Registered: January 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
Add me to that list...again!!

Moved some stuff that I don't use and picked up a G30. Not the SF, though. Although I do like this regular better than the SF. I want to put some rounds down it today, got to let the mags break in. Cool

The fun part is getting it ready for CCW, though. Gotta get a holster (on order), which sights? Do I put my Big Dots on this or get some Warrens, etc, etc... Big Grin

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gorenut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I want a G34 so frickin' bad. I hope I do not like my recently acquired USP 9mm, so I can justify a trade or selling it to fund a G34.

But alas, I bet I will end up loving the USP, and have to keep saving pennies. Sigh.

Vgex, I thought I'd love the USP and really tried to.. but alas.. I liked it the least out of all the guns I've owned (though I did like all my guns). I sold mine to fund another Sig, which was eventually sold to fund my G34.

Posts: 878 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a 23 ..sold it...hated it ...bought (2) SP 2022 Sigs .40 and 9mm ...love em so much I bought another pair of P229's, P6, P239...enuff said

Posts: 458 | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badge38:
If they are that "glockulous" why trade and sell them so often ? Roll Eyes

Its simple and it actually applies to all guns. Many of us often don't fully appreciate or know how to appreciate them when we have them. This is esp. true for Glocks since so many people merely understand them as guns that go bang when you pull the trigger, which plenty of other guns can do. So what's so special about Glocks then? We came to realize Glocks true virtues as we developed as shooters ie. more than just slow fire target shooting and pushed them in settings like handgun courses or competition. I've sold and rebought Beretta 92's, BHP's, 1911's, SIG Sauer's and various revolvers as well over the decades because as I developed and changed as a shooter I knew my initial assesments of these guns were limited by my lack of experience, dumb hangups like the way a gun looks, how it "feels", or caliber. As we develop and mature as shooters we realize we shouldn't necessarily get to pick the handguns but certain handguns should naturally gravitate towards you.

I also wanted to switch from .40 Glocks to 9mm Glocks.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I deleted badge38's post because it looks like all he wants to do is pick a fight. He's posted three times in this thread, and I've seen enough to know what he wants out of this thread, and we ain't havin' it.

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post

Got this one for $350, back in April, forgot to post it. I love the 2nd Gens. I traded it for a years worth of yard work though. But I still get to shoot it pretty much whenever I want.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
In one of my threads, I noted that I'm considering a Glock 26. I had been using a P226 but have been using an HK P2000sk of late. I really like the HK and don't really have a reason to look at the Glock other than cost (I like to keep multiples of the same weapon -- easier to manage accessories and spares).

I'm totally lost and the differences and pro/con for the various generations (1-3; 4 is harder to get here in CA).

I'm sticking with the HK for now but I'm curious about the 26.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I deleted badge38's post because it looks like all he wants to do is pick a fight. He's posted three times in this thread, and I've seen enough to know what he wants out of this thread, and we ain't havin' it.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why people keep coming in here to try and shit on a 120 page thread started by the owner of the forum? I mean, I'm pretty knew here and I did a lot of reading before joining. I just don't get it. This is not the thread to enlighten people of the shortcomings of a glock. This is supposed to be a fun thread. I like this thread, kinda like a long running joke shared by members here, also some great photos.

Hope to see more pictures and stories about members glocks.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to share a quick tell -

My dad has been a Sig guy since the mid 80s. I switched over to the Glock 19 about 6 years ago, and kept telling him that he should get one - he always came up with a reason for not wanting one "It's a cheap plastic gun, It will melt if I leave it in the sun, etc....

Well as of last week he is the proud owner of a 4th Gen Glock 26. He was able to get it via a LEO dealer with night sights, he really likes it.

So yep, "You will buy a Glock is right!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
konata88, the original Glock 26 had the finger groove frame with no checkering between them and the non LCI extractor. The next version had checkering and the LCI extractor. I get confused beyond that.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post