SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
It is what it is
Picture of 40guy
posted Hide Post
Sweet Jebus.

I just wanted to post in a thread that has gone 114 pages.

Carry on, and, buy a Glock. Wink

Posts: 11022 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I really disliked glocks for a long time and was a strict sig guy. Then there were some qc issues at sig right after the kimber ceo took over and the 220 that wouldn't work cause they changed the extractor set up but I still had my 229 in 357. Then the economy tanked and I couldn't afford to shoot it enough to feel proficent. So I went to the leo supply and bought a glock then another then another then another ..... do you see where this is going? I am now a glock armorer and love them for their simplicity. The only mod I use on all of them is a ny1 spring with a - connector which bring the pull to around six pounds and makes it feel like a more traditional da. I still love my 229 and have been thinking about getting a 9mm pro since the 2 series are just so redicuously expensive. But in the end right now a glock 17 rides on my hip and I for one couldn't feel any better about my choice.

Posts: 1096 | Location: North East | Registered: May 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JW1069
posted Hide Post
I remember when Para rolled out this thread waaaay back in the day. Finally on page 114 I'm here to say his bold prediction has proven Nostradamus-like...I just put a deposit on a new Gen 4 G19.

Some discussion of actual self-defense shootings on another board caused me to rethink my lineup. The results suggested that it takes 4-5 shots to stop a threat. Add a situation that involves multiple BG's and I started to rethink my M&P 45c (8+1) and PM9 (6+1) as primary choices. The good news is that preban G19 mags hold 15 rounds which should handle 3 BG's before a reload. The G19 grip is an ideal size in my hand (height-wise) and I can deal with the less ideal width of the grip to gain the extra capacity. As much as I love shooting my M&P 9mm full size (with Apex upgrades), it's a tad too big for what I'd want to carry and limited to 10 round mags in a HD role.

It'll be a few weeks before the paperwork is finally blessed by my county permit office, but I'm already feeling the power of the Darkside. Cool

JW

Posts: 7648 | Location:  | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JW1069:
I remember when Para rolled out this thread waaaay back in the day. Finally on page 114 I'm here to say his bold prediction has proven Nostradamus-like...I just put a deposit on a new Gen 4 G19.

Some discussion of actual self-defense shootings on another board caused me to rethink my lineup. The results suggested that it takes 4-5 shots to stop a threat. Add a situation that involves multiple BG's and I started to rethink my M&P 45c (8+1) and PM9 (6+1) as primary choices. The good news is that preban G19 mags hold 15 rounds which should handle 3 BG's before a reload. The G19 grip is an ideal size in my hand (height-wise) and I can deal with the less ideal width of the grip to gain the extra capacity. As much as I love shooting my M&P 9mm full size (with Apex upgrades), it's a tad too big for what I'd want to carry and limited to 10 round mags in a HD role.

It'll be a few weeks before the paperwork is finally blessed by my county permit office, but I'm already feeling the power of the Darkside. Cool

I totally agree with JW as much as I want to go to a SW M&P I got tons of prebans for GLK so I got to stay here

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an opportunity to sell the Glock 19 gen4 for 25 bucks less than what I've paid. But I decided not to sell after I hold it again how it has been flawless.

Posts: 197 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of varmonter
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum.com Main Page Hop To Forum Categories SIG Pistols You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114

i posted on this thread back when i was a mere prack of a boy. and I still have not obtained one of those fugly plastic things.Came close last year.But bought a warthog instead.LOL 114 pgs Gees

Posts: 770 | Location: East Toadsuck Vermont | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taz95dog
posted Hide Post
....not till they make one that feels like a sig , instead of a brick.... Wink

... now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the country...

Posts: 955 | Location: st.pete./fl.(hometown,va,bch.,va.) | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varmonter:
Came close last year.But bought a warthog instead.LOL 114 pgs Gees
'Cause they're so similar, right? Big Grin

Posts: 107575 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally go t a Glock.

Not what I expected, but Tabitha's brother was a deputy and gave me his 17T he bought to train with.

I guess I can blast the bad guys with freaking paintballs with my new smurf gun.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
It's been 20 years since I bought my G22 and G19, maybe its time for a little one around the house. I've been thinking about a G26 to add to the family Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: navyshooter,

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will give you my contribution to this thread.

I have owned several Glocks over the years and always wanted to like them (but didn't). I would always keep them briefly, go to the range, put a few hundred rounds through them, decided I hated how they shot and felt, and then sell them.

One of my mental notes from previous Glocks is how I thought the Glock 26 with a G19 or G17 magazine and extention was the best shooting Glock I had fired.

When I heard the Gen 4 had a double recoil spring ala Glock 26 I thought I would check one out. I grabbed a Gen 4 G17 at my local dealer. I instantly fell in love with the grip. It felt great without adding any of the backstraps.

I took it out and ran a few magazines through it. Grip was awesome, recoil was much less, only the trigger was a bit of a disappointment. When pulling the trigger on my brothers Gen 3 G17 his felt much lighter. After putting a scale on my Gen 4, it showed over 6.5 lbs on the trigger pull.

So I swapped the trigger bar to a Gen 3 and put in a 3.5 lb disconnector. After which the trigger broke at just a hair above 3.5 lbs. When I have a little extra time I am going to strip it back down and polish the internals.

It has become my new favorite CCW and range gun.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
A Glock will be the next pistol I buy after I buy a P230 in .22lr.

I will show off my new Glock and P230 at the luncheon I will attend hosted by The Eagle.

Big Grin

I posted this on March 18, 2009. I still do not have a P230 in .22lr, still do not have a Gl**k, and have not been invited to lunch with The Eagle.

Strong is the dark side. Stronger is the Signess!

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock, Inc, makes me furious!!

NOBODY there will take my money!! Most everything is FREE!! I feel like a bum when I leave there with a pistol full of free parts, another free box with brush and rod, and free labor. I was not raised to expect something for nothing; I am suposed to pay my way.

At 2:00 p.m. I left Duluth headed for Smyrna. I sign in at 2:45 p.m., enter the service area, speak with a service technician about "Scarface", my abused G26. I ask for it to be serviced, ask for a magazine exchange, and why not...asked for two +2 bottoms to be put on the mags. The ST leaves with my G26 at 2:55 p.m.

One hour later, the ST appears with my G26 in a new box wwith tools and papers. He replaced the skinned up polymer sights with new ones, replaced several rusty metal internal parts, replaced the slide release with a extended version, replaced all pins, replaced the extractor with the LCI version (this I did not care for). I was told my extractor was chipped. I believe "Chip" must be the supervisor and he must collect old style extractors, LOL!! The slide had been washed with a acid bath that made the bare metal spots black, and then buffed. The ten round G19 mag I gave them had been swapped for a G26 mag, and +2 extensions were installed on both magazines.

On top of all the above, a supervisor offered to swap the frame since my serial number had been ground on, though it is still readable. Cost would be $43.00 and a five week wait time. That was awful nice of them as well.

4:00 p.m. I pulled through the gates and headed straight home. 71 mile round trip, all it cost me was gas money. I can't say enough good things about the place.

Scarface is on the right in the duo photos.

Before:

After:

A fine pair:

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I went over to the Dark Side today. Bought a Glock 19 with factory night sights for my wife. Tried to get her used to a small frame S&W .38 for CCW, but she didn't like it. She qualified well with the Glock and felt more comfortable with it.

So, I'll drive up to Austin this Saturday to pick it up...

...Happy Birthday, Honey!

Posts: 53 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
Glock, Inc, makes me furious!!

NOBODY there will take my money!! Most everything is FREE!! I feel like a bum when I leave there with a pistol full of free parts, another free box with brush and rod, and free labor. I was not raised to expect something for nothing; I am suposed to pay my way.

At 2:00 p.m. I left Duluth headed for Smyrna. I sign in at 2:45 p.m., enter the service area, speak with a service technician about "Scarface", my abused G26. I ask for it to be serviced, ask for a magazine exchange, and why not...asked for two +2 bottoms to be put on the mags. The ST leaves with my G26 at 2:55 p.m.

One hour later, the ST appears with my G26 in a new box wwith tools and papers. He replaced the skinned up polymer sights with new ones, replaced several rusty metal internal parts, replaced the slide release with a extended version, replaced all pins, replaced the extractor with the LCI version (this I did not care for). I was told my extractor was chipped. I believe "Chip" must be the supervisor and he must collect old style extractors, LOL!! The slide had been washed with a acid bath that made the bare metal spots black, and then buffed. The ten round G19 mag I gave them had been swapped for a G26 mag, and +2 extensions were installed on both magazines.

On top of all the above, a supervisor offered to swap the frame since my serial number had been ground on, though it is still readable. Cost would be $43.00 and a five week wait time. That was awful nice of them as well.

4:00 p.m. I pulled through the gates and headed straight home. 71 mile round trip, all it cost me was gas money. I can't say enough good things about the place.

Scarface is on the right in the duo photos.

Before:

After:

A fine pair:

Outstanding customer service!!!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Glock World .com...over 1,000,000 hits evry day.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
Unless they are made to fit better in my hands and feel comfortable, I don't think so........EVAR.

They did & it's the Gen 4, AWESOME.

I used to say when Tom Cruise admitted he was gay, I would admit to how many Glocks I own.

When you dance with the Devil, the Devil don't change. The Devil changes you

Posts: 317 | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fendi
posted Hide Post
nope didnt buy a glock.. but i did buy a SA XD 40 Smile

NRA Life member. GOA Life Member, 225/P6 connesiour

Posts: 56 | Location: kansas | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my 3. Gen3 G19, Gen3 G37 and a Gen4 G26.

Posts: 763 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of allegroae
posted Hide Post
Carried for years, got tired of the weight and the two trigger pulls, bought a G23. Bam

Be responsibile, prepared and an important member of your community.

G 23 Carry
Advantage Arms .22 Conversion
Sig SP 2340 (new to me)
Ruger P 89
Ruger Security Six 357 Mag
Ruger 10/22
Ithica Model 37
Winchester Model 24

Posts: 53 | Location: Memphis Tennessee | Registered: April 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post