SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I've fired Glocks before, my buddy has a G22 Gen2... I've rented all sorts of them... the Gen3 never really felt right in my hand right, The Gen4 I just bought today fits my hand like a glove... I can't wait for some range time

Thanks for the peer pressure guys Razz

Larry

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
lcbjr77

Could you reduce by half the number of ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'s in your signature line. They make your posts stretch way off the page.

Thanks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
lcbjr77

Could you reduce by half the number of ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'s in your signature line. They make your posts stretch way off the page.

Thanks.

Good looking, it's been like that for some time. Thanks

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of basikdeath
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:

What do you guys recommend for a good IWB holster, my shop was out of IWB for the Glock 19

Thanks
Larry

I ended up with a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I love it. Totally forget I'm wearing all the time. Just need to wear an undershirt with that texture of the Gen4 on your skin.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Many others like the Comptac MTAC. (similar style)
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalo...o.php?products_id=95

Just my two cents.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
no

bumper

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot a Gluck in a long time, so I shot my buddy's brand new G17 with an open mind.

I can now confidently say the only way I will own a Glock is if someone gives me one, and then I will sell it for what I can get.

I have shot a lot of pistols, and that is the one I can say I didn't at least enjoy a little.

I appreciate what they are, but it literally felt like a 2x4, with the grip angle of the old flintlock pistols they use in pirate movies. The trigger felt like a lizard tongue licking my finger. The rear box sight is busy, and I hate the flat top of the slide.

All in all, I think it's the most unergonomic pistol I've shot.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
lcbjr77

Thanks.

Good looking, it's been like that for some time. Thanks

Thanks. I also just recently learned that the signatures were causing the scroll problem. And thought I'd pass it on.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

[snip]

The trigger felt like a lizard tongue licking my finger.

[snip]

I don't think I want to know how you are aware of this sensation.

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
GlocksBig Grin- Next will be the 29sf

G27's x 3
G23's x 3
G22's x 2
G21sfRTF2 x1
G30 x 1

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
posted by o'sully,
quote:
Picked up a 20 to go with my 17 and two 19s.
I am open to ammo suggestions for the 20 as this is my first 10mm

Winchester 175gr Silvertip and Hornady 155gr XTP are two of my favorite 10mm defensive loads.

Natchez usually has pretty decent prices on 10mm AUTO. When sticking to only hollow point ammo 10mm is actually not to bad on price compared to 9mm and 40.....its gets to be expensive when you factor the high price of range ammo, which is mostly downloaded close to 40S&W specs/performance.

You could get a Barsto 40S&W barrel for more affordable plinking. I got one and hand fit it in my Glock 20 SF....it is sort of like having a Glock 22 and a 20 in one pistol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't shot a Gluck in a long time, so I shot my buddy's brand new G17 with an open mind.

I can now confidently say the only way I will own a Glock is if someone gives me one, and then I will sell it for what I can get.

I have shot a lot of pistols, and that is the one I can say I didn't at least enjoy a little.

I appreciate what they are, but it literally felt like a 2x4, with the grip angle of the old flintlock pistols they use in pirate movies. The trigger felt like a lizard tongue licking my finger. The rear box sight is busy, and I hate the flat top of the slide.

My humble opinion also!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of utahuskeramma
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree, but how did it shoot for you? They didn't feel good to me either, but I shoot them better than my Sigs and HK.
I can shoot the center out of paper with my G35, so I'm going to let comfort take a back seat.

Ruger LCP
Ruger MKIII Hunter (blued)
Ruger Mark III 22/45

Posts: 68 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: September 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by o'sully:
Picked up a 20 to go with my 17 and two 19s.
I am open to ammo suggestions for the 20 as this is my first 10mm

Double Tap and Buffalo Bore have good SD and wood defense loads.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would buy my g20sf if my shop would get one in.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by utahuskeramma:
quote:

I agree, but how did it shoot for you? They didn't feel good to me either, but I shoot them better than my Sigs and HK.
I can shoot the center out of paper with my G35, so I'm going to let comfort take a back seat.

About a foot high at 10 yards unless I absolutely pushed my wrist foreward to what feels like a very unnatural position, and used the sights only.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
Actually... I went window shopping for an XD last weekend.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe I will call this one "Scarface".

I have had this battered and abused Glock #26 on lay-a-way for a few weeks. I brought it home yesterday. Next week it will go to Glock for a tech inspection and I will ask the tech to swap me a G26 mag for that 10 round G19 mag in the photo. I am not sure if I will refinish the slide or not. Including the Pearce grip frame insert I bought to plug that silly hole I have right at $265.00 in this gun.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Code Warrior
Picture of viking442
posted Hide Post
Colby Bruce:
Now that one has character! Wink

Posts: 5177 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
The Glocks and there poor fitting plastic frames just don't do it for me.
You gonna marry it or shoot it?

You...did shoot it...didn't you?

Yes I'm going to marry it and no I did not shoot it I was afraid if I loaded it it would go off by itself Big Grin

Sorry but next to my 228 it's just looks like a peice of junk and what if people laugh?
I want to like one but damb there ugly, maybe I should get drunk first or something. Smile

Wickid funny Ray.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
For tonight, I have read up to page 24. Occurred to me I was reading posts from April 2009... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post