SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Blackwater info please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Blackwater info please Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’ve kinda got my eye on one of these that’s NIB. I always thought they were pretty cool guns. Can anyone confirm that they are just kinda “gimmicky”? I mean, it’s a sweet pistol...but they aren’t Swiss P210’s by any means. Any reason not to shoot one? Thanks folks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.realgunreviews.com...and-1911-blackwater/

I've never seen one but I can see the allure of this pistol.
This article posted has some pretty good information. Personally, I'd probably buy one and keep it as a collector if it was new but that's me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Read the article, I suppose if you are a collector then it might be worth it.... for me they look like a P226 with custom grips....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a neat pistol but I don't know if it is something I would keep and not shoot. Other than the grips and markings, I agree it is just another P226. Not that it is a bad thing but nothing really special to me. I say that as I recently got a MK25 and plan on shooting it.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a black water tactical for a little bit, it had grips that were extended to make a mag well and came with (I think) 4 but maybe 5 20 round magazines. Had the black water markings on the slide.

I know they made one with wood grips as well but I’ve never seen them.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my Blackwater Tactical with 2 mags for $750.00 It was part of my brothers collection I inherited. It did not shoot any better than the other DA/SA 226 I own. The beavertail seemed huge. The short trigger reset was nice.

The Legion SAO 226 is the nicest shooting version I own.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I always found the red front sight vial with green on the rear to be weird.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I always found the red front sight vial with green on the rear to be weird.

////////
I was on the wait list to get one when they were finally going to be released. It arrived and I loved it. The wood grips were too fat, so I sold those off (idiot). The red vial on the fron site dies within 2 years. The premise if the red front was during low light situations the fron site would easily be distinguishable. Anyways, Ive been shooting mine for years (2005/07?) and its a great pistol! If I found a nib with the wood grips I wouldnt shoot it.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.. I appreciate the info and advice.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post