SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    glock 32 .357 sig question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glock 32 .357 sig question Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I'm interested in getting a glock 32 in .357 sig caliber, my question is the size of the gun, is it the same size as a glock 19 or is it larger? I don't have anyone around here that carries them so I need to rely on the experts here. I just bought a 320 a few weeks ago and like it but the bore axis I think it's called seems a little tall. Thanks

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm interested in getting a glock 32 in .357 sig caliber, my question is the size of the gun, is it the same size as a glock 19 or is it larger? I don't have anyone around here that carries them so I need to rely on the experts here. I just bought a 320 a few weeks ago and like it but the bore axis I think it's called seems a little tall. Thanks

Same basic overall size as the 19.

I've had my Gen 4 G32 for several years. I sometimes install a 9mm conversion barrel, G19 RSA and use G19 magazines for when I run 9mm through it. It slides right into G19 holsters.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply's that's awesome to know it could be converted and it's the same size. how do you like the caliber in that size gun?

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Thanks for the reply's that's awesome to know it could be converted and it's the same size. how do you like the caliber in that size gun?

I love .357 SIG in this pistol and my Gen 4 G31.

I actually prefer the full size pistol's feel over the compact G32 , but the G32 is a good shooter. I often CC the G32 and carry it as a back up gun to the G31.

With the 9mm conversion barrel, ( Lone Wolf ) stainless steel aftermarket RSA and G19 magazines, I used the G32 to place second behind a local super-stud competition shooter in a GSSF shoot years ago.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I have a G32 and if I could shoot it well it would probably be my favorite firearm. Glock + 357Sig = super reliable. It's an ideal size for a service pistol imo.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hit a cornfield with it. If you have experience shooting Glocks, then go for it. If you don't, I'd strongly recommend that you try one before you buy.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Muzzle blast was annoying as hell to me especially in tight quarters. Hell of a noise for a small performance increase over the 19 while holding less ammo. The 357 sig round requires you to be careful with setback and rounds you load into the gun multiple times. Ammo is expensive and sometimes hard to find.

I had one and now I don't, I do have a Glock 19

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have a G32 RTF and love it. Great round and gun.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
Muzzle blast was annoying as hell to me especially in tight quarters. Hell of a noise for a small performance increase over the 19 while holding less ammo. The 357 sig round requires you to be careful with setback and rounds you load into the gun multiple times. Ammo is expensive and sometimes hard to find.

All very good points. Blast and noise was a concern when I had it in the nightstand. And I always made sure to shoot off rounds that had been cycled a few times when I had a range session.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Exact same size as the 19 / 23

I sold my G32 and wish I hadn't. It was a great carry pistol, and I didn't find the .357 to be that bad for recoil. I don't think you can go wrong with it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G32 is exactly the same size as a G19, or a G23.

If you have no problem with .40 ammunition, then you'll have no problem with .357 Sig.

.357 Sig offers more than a minor performance improvement over 9X19 mm.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
I have a G32 RTF and love it. Great round and gun.

any idea where I could find a 32 rtf ? Thanks!

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
I have a G32 and if I could shoot it well it would probably be my favorite firearm. Glock + 357Sig = super reliable. It's an ideal size for a service pistol imo.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hit a cornfield with it. If you have experience shooting Glocks, then go for it. If you don't, I'd strongly recommend that you try one before you buy.

Did you try bench shooting it or did it just not fit ? I'm curious why you couldn't hit anything it? Thanks

posted Hide Post
9X19 mm typical muzzle energy: 350-400 ft-lbs.

.357 Sig typical muzzle energy: 500-600 ft-lbs.

.357 Sig is comparable to 10mm in typical off the shelf offerings.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I love mine, and I'd carry it instead of my G19 if I could find enough decent ammo locally to actually be able to shoot it. One shop in town stocks .357Sig, they charge an arm & a leg for it, and normally only keep a couple hundred rounds on hand. Living in AK, nobody will ship without charging me ridiculous Hazmat fees either (if they ship at all). Last time I went to visit family in TX I stocked up & carried it back on the airplane (can check 50# of ammo with AK Airlines), but I'm about out of that, and no trips coming up soon.

Anyway, that's my only bitch. It's hard to find where I live, but damn I love the round! One of these days I'll get into reloading......

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:

All very good points. Blast and noise was a concern when I had it in the nightstand. And I always made sure to shoot off rounds that had been cycled a few times when I had a range session.

Setback- The bane of that caliber.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post