SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well Ruger finally built one of my "dream guns"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well Ruger finally built one of my "dream guns" Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
So how much does a kidney bring these days?

From the day that Ruger released the 3" LCRx (X for Exposed hammer), I've wanted one in 357.

After years of waiting they just announced the release of a 3" LCRx. It will weigh in a 5 ounces more than the 3" .38 Special. Not sure that will even register. Now comes the tough decision. Do I sell one of my .38s to fund the purchase, or just buy another?!?

https://www.ruger.com/products...specSheets/5444.html

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your call on how to pay for it. I'm just waiting for your range report. It would make a good New Year's present to yourself.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Buy it! Don't sell a gun unless you absolutely have to.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Buy it! Don't sell a gun unless you absolutely have to.

Normally this would be my recommendation as well, but in this particular case, there's not much you can do with a .38 LCRx that you can't do with a .357. If the purchase of this one would render the other redundant, there's not much reason to keep the other unless you need a spare, IMO. Either way, if you do get it, I'd love to read a range report!

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for the 3" .327 Magnum.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
I'm still waiting for the 3" .327 Magnum.

DO WANT.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do know this is available in the SP101 format?

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I'm looking at this for a backup gun, so want the smaller size.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. Hope I can handle it to see how small before comitting to buy. Looking for a small concealed carry.

How would this compare to S&W 640-1?

Edit...It's about 1 " longer...0.8 oz lighter

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
[SAMMYDAVISJUNIOR]Bring on the 9! Bring on the 9![/SAMMYDAVISJUNIOR]

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I'm looking at this for a backup gun, so want the smaller size.

SP101 3" 327 Fed Mag
https://www.ruger.com/products...specSheets/5784.html

LCRx 2" 327 Fed Mag
https://www.ruger.com/products...specSheets/5462.html

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do I sell one of my .38s to fund the purchase, or just buy another?!?

Just buy another.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Looks in the ballpark of my S&W 3” Model 60. The Model 60 May even be lighter weight.

That 3” barrel is about right for several uses, when the 2”, 4”, or 6” isn’t called for.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I live in the heart of Rugerland and own a couple of the original LCRs in different calibers. When the the 3" LCRs came out, I thought they were one of the most butt fugly guns Ruger had ever produced. I guess you have to look at function over form in this case.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My personal religion is to never sell a gun...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
You don't have a cash stash? New Year's resolution-stash some cash that no one knows about(wife)just for such emergencies such as gun companies coming out with new guns that you have always wanted. Problem solved.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post