SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43 +1 and +2 base plates.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 +1 and +2 base plates. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Taran Tactical

I'm trying to get the reliability reports from the Taran Tacticals with the extra power springs.

I know there were issues with hollow points using the stock springs, I want to know if the new springs fixed the issue.

Pearce +1

Is there an extra power spring available, and is it reliable with hollow points.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Taran tactical +2 base plates came with the extended springs. They've been perfectly reliable. However, most all of my shooting has been with round nose FMJ ammo.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batex:
My Taran tactical +2 base plates came with the extended springs. They've been perfectly reliable. However, most all of my shooting has been with round nose FMJ ammo.

I've had the same experience with mine as well. Never had a single issue with any type of ammo used.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My +2’s work great

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have Taran +1 and +4 for my G43 and never had a single issue.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been running all 4 of my range mags with the Pearce +1 in my 43 with factory springs and have yet to have a failure in probably 500+ rounds of FMJ, and probably 150 rounds of HST, Gold Dot, and ranger hollow points.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I think it’s a bit ridiculous that Glock does not do at least a +1. Well the more I think about it, every body else is doing it for them.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, especially since they sell a version of the 43 factory mag with a pinky extension already on it, it's just not +1.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I carry a +1 and have +2s and both have been 100% reliable.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pearce +1 baseplates, factory springs, no issues with feeing or reliability. About 4,000 rounds on the +1's without issues.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I have close to 2000 rounds thru my Taran +1's, 2's & 3's using two G43's. No issues with any of them over the course of the past two years. The +2's & +3's have Taran's +10% springs, the +1 uses the stock spring. Have a total of 9 of these mag extensions - obviously I recommend them, for what it's worth.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for all? How many rounds of SD ammo have you run without issue. It’s great you have no issue with range ammo but would be curious to know how much of the sd ammo you’ve tried with no issue.

Not knocking anyone but I tend to find most will say a mag or two which IMO isn’t much testing. Most failures I’ve heard about with the 43 and TT extensions (rally any extension7) is with sd ammo, not so much range ammo.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I've just ran the +1 Pearce extensions but I've ran 100 rounds of Fed HST 124gr, 50 rounds of Gold Dot 115gr, and a few mags of Win Ranger 147gr with no issue. I've found that if those 3 run in a gun well it will run with about anything. That said, I don't believe that's enough, I just haven't ran more through it yet. For me to consider a gun to be "reliable" it has to run at least 500 rounds of FMJ with no issue, and probably 250 rounds of chosen carry ammo at a minimum. I'd say you are right though most people at best run a box of hollow points through a gun and declare it fine.

I will say though, that normally if a gun runs fine with FMJ's for say 500 rounds, and I start testing HP's. I've never had a gun then go through say 100-200 rounds of HP's only to start having issues. If it's not going to like a particular HP after running fine with FMJ's it usually shows up in the first couple mags.

I have seen one failure on a G43 at the range, it was not mine, but it appeared that on the last round with a +1 extension and stock spring (according to the owner) it failed to strip the last round out of the mag. However, I believe he hit the slide lock lever accidentally because the slide locked to the rear as if it was empty but there was still one round in the mag. I see no way that's possible without the operator engaging the slide stop.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a little experience with the Pearce +1 and Vickers +2, both worked fine with 4 mags worth of ammo each. Yes, I need a lot more testing just ran out of time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 600 rounds of FMJ and 400 rounds of SD ammo through my G43. All mags use stock springs and TT+1 plates. Zero failures.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Last year I've borrowed modded mags with Taran +1 and +2 plates and run HSTs (60 rounds) and Gold Dot Short Barrel (another 60) through them without hiccup through my G43. I've also tried a couple of Hyve +2 endowed mags and found no problem with those, but I was using Polycase/Ruger ammo that time. I bought and tried both Tango Down/Vickers bases and Strike Industries extended bases; both ran without any heartache with both ball ammo and my usual HSTs (only a couple of mag's worth with each type of base).

But I still use the factory bases for those rare times that I choose to carry my G43.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have TT +2 on my 42 and 43 with the springs that come with the extensions and they have been perfect, not one hiccup thru hundreds of rounds of reloads and factory round nose and hp. best ones out there in my opinion.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Question for all? How many rounds of SD ammo have you run without issue. It’s great you have no issue with range ammo but would be curious to know how much of the sd ammo you’ve tried with no issue.

Not knocking anyone but I tend to find most will say a mag or two which IMO isn’t much testing. Most failures I’ve heard about with the 43 and TT extensions (rally any extension7) is with sd ammo, not so much range ammo.

I don't use the taran baseplates or innards, but I do have the pearce +1 (and only then because the +1 add no more bulk or length than the +0). Typically if I take the G43 to the range, I put range ammunition through it, which could be anything from my own reloads to all manner of bought ammunition, and when I'm done, I run the carry ammunition through the pistol to ensure feeding and to ensure that I'm shooting what I carry. Then I put fresh carry ammunition in the magazines.

I say typically because it depends on the time and what I've got in stock at home. I do think it's important to run carry ammunition through the weapon regardless of what it is.

Feed and reliability and function hasn't been an issue with the G43. I keep it clean and lubricated. I know a lot of shooters who carry a dirty firearm and take some pride in letting it go a long time between cleanings. I see no value in that. I want a firearm that will function the best it possibly can, and it's got a better chance clean and freshly greased than old, dirty and full of crud.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post