SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 226 Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 Questions Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at the 226 Legion and have noticed lots of negative stuff about the PVD finish. Has that issue been resolved by Sig Yet? Second, I am also looking at the 226 Extreme and see they only come with 10 round mags. I know, for California folks but do any of them come with 15 round mags for us regular folks? Thanks Jerry

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Can't comment on the PVD finish.

It looks like the Extreme just comes with a true M1913 rail and G-10 grips. You could get a Mk25 that comes with (3) 15-rd mags and the M1913 rail, then add a set of Hogue G-10's. Going just by MSRP for the pistols, grips, and the extra magazine, the cost is the same.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not know the extreme came with a standard 1913 rail. Good to know though. Other than the mk25 i didnt know sig made a nitron sig with a 1913.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The two SIG p226s that come standard with the 1913 rails are the Mk25 and the Combat.

The Extreme comes with the SIG rail. Take look at all the pics of the Extreme here. If a P226 Extreme comes with the 1913 rail, it's a parts gun, whether factory or aftermarket.

Oh yeah, don't believe everything you read on SIG's website, especially the specs. They are wrong quite often.
Here is their P226 Extreme page, https://www.sigsauer.com/store...treme-full-size.html
The specs say 1913 rail. And, gun clearly has the SIG rail. Roll Eyes
And, looks like they only has the Kali model, 226R-9-XTM-BLKGRY-CA, so, only 10-rounders.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
IMHO SIG is now more consistent with getting the quality acceptable with the PVD coatings on Legions. The recent Legions that have passed through our shop have few if any flaws in their finishes.

Personal opinion, but I don't think the gray PVD color has aged particularly well. What used to be distinctive and different from the usual shades of black that SIG previously uses in their pistol finishing, now three years on the Legions just look kind of dull and boring in the display case. Much like the overcast, depressing, cloud-filled skies of the PacNW...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh yeah, don't believe everything you read on SIG's website, especially the specs. They are wrong quite often.

Serves me right. Razz

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I've recently obtained two of the Legions with no blemishes on the finish whatsoever. By the way, I got the SAO versions and the trigger rivals that of my WC 1911s. Pretty awesome pistols.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Will be getting my legion tomorrow.

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
IMHO SIG is now more consistent with getting the quality acceptable with the PVD coatings on Legions. The recent Legions that have passed through our shop have few if any flaws in their finishes.

Personal opinion, but I don't think the gray PVD color has aged particularly well. What used to be distinctive and different from the usual shades of black that SIG previously uses in their pistol finishing, now three years on the Legions just look kind of dull and boring in the display case. Much like the overcast, depressing, cloud-filled skies of the PacNW...

I'm going to go hug my legion and tell it not to listen to the mean, bad man and then tell it how much of a joy it is to look and shoot.

My legion's finish has withstood 20+ matches and has been drawn and reholstered more times than I can count. I'm still waiting for any wear to appear.

I believe mine's born on date was Oct. 2015, so it was one of the first ones off the line.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess the one issue that folks can't argue about with the Legions is that once you buy one you can get all that neat stuff,,,,

I like the looks and feel of them and was going to get one but did not like the slide lock.... I thought it was going to cause a problem with a test I was going to take... but in the end I chose a M-25 and that had it's own problems with the grip.... don't take that wrong.. more me than the gun.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post