SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flat Triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flat Triggers Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
There are now a LOT of aftermarket trigger options, and among them are a myriad of flat triggers. I'm intrigued, I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet.

What is the advantage? The only flat trigger I've ever pulled on a handgun was on a 1911, and that's not the same as what is going on these days with what is now available for Sigs, Glocks, and other pistols.

Replacing trigger guts with better components to change its properties makes sense, do you ever just replace the bow with a flat?

I'm interested in hearing from flat trigger converts.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I put a Salient flat trigger in my 3 pin Gen2. Sure, the Salient trigger group makes it crazy smooth and just begs me to shoot it more, but I like how the flat trigger feels instead of the curved one from ZEV that was in it before. Personal preference I suppose, but it has to be the smoothest trigger I've ever shot in any Glock period. Plus the reset is nothing short of spectacular.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only have tried them on P320's. I have tried Sig factory, Apex, & Grayguns. With my hands & finger size, the pull is much flatter during dry fire with no sight movement. I assume this has translated into better hits. My only experience so far is on P320 X5's & P320 RX's, but they work better for me than the P320 curved or Grayguns curved triggers.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have flat triggers in a couple/three Classic line SIGs and had one in my P320 until it came back from the factory with the less-curved “upgrade” trigger. The advantage of the flat triggers for me is that my finger curves toward the bottom of the trigger guard and the pointed ends of curved triggers tend to poke directly into the pad of my finger. That’s not good for trigger control or comfort. I also experienced the “sting” of the P320 with the original curved trigger to the point that long sessions would result in a bloody blister.

I’m looking at Apex Tactical Specialties’ new flat triggers for the modified P320, but haven’t fired the factory upgraded trigger enough to know whether I need to change it out.

Another reason I liked the Apex flat trigger in my P320 before the modification was because it made it easy to shoot the gun wearing light gloves; that wasn’t possible with the thicker original trigger. The new factory trigger also makes shooting with gloves easy and effective, which is another reason I’m not going to replace it immediately.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I suppose I could just grab one from Grayguns or Apex and throw it in one of the Glocks. I think an extended range session is needed to know for sure.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a cmc flat trigger for my g26 for Christmas. I dropped it in today and took it for a spin. I liked it. It felt good and a hair lighter than stock.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Arc, on a sliding trigger application, I.e: 1911, the difference is negligible. With a pivoting trigger the flatness of it tends to force your finger further toward the bottom of the trigger. This will give you a little more leverage on that trigger.

I have an Apex in my P320. I’m very pleased with it. In fact, I have no intention of having the upgrade done to this 320.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of my CZs have flat triggers, vast improvement.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Arc, on a sliding trigger application, I.e: 1911, the difference is negligible. With a pivoting trigger the flatness of it tends to force your finger further toward the bottom of the trigger. This will give you a little more leverage on that trigger.

I have an Apex in my P320. I’m very pleased with it. In fact, I have no intention of having the upgrade done to this 320.

I have to say, that after some thought, I do have experience with flat triggers, of a pivot type.

Among a wide variety of pneumatic nailers over the years.

Some of which almost demand more trigger control than a firearm, or as much as an automatic.

I do see how people perceive the leverage, and other aspects. I think that hand and finger strength overall is a factor, and that my fine motor has always been a problem, ever since I was a kid.

I have to say, that one of the only trigger shapes that ever really bugged me, was the P210s. It felt really "deep" to me at first. Years later it's an old friend.

I will definitely be trying a flat trigger, and if it works, it works.

Arc.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
A little pricey, but I like the Overwatch triggers on Glocks. The TAC version. It has a little lip or up curve at the very end which helps keep your finger aligned if you tend to pull towards the end of the trigger shoe and encourages straight backwards pull. It shortens trigger reach, reduces pretravel and presents a solid "wall break point" without much if any change to actual pull weight. You can buy just the shoe and install it on your existing trigger bar, but most people don't do that as the cost of the assembly is just a few dollars more and you get NP3 or high polished parts that are otherwise stock Glock.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Grayguns straight trigger for Classic P Sigs, it looks like the perfect opportunity for them to make an extended version with the face at least 1/4" farther foreword for the small minority of us with large hands that are not interested in smaller pistols, thinner grips, and shorter reach triggers!

Just a thought, if Bruce happens to look at this thread! Wink

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
A little pricey, but I like the Overwatch triggers on Glocks. The TAC version. It has a little lip or up curve at the very end which helps keep your finger aligned if you tend to pull towards the end of the trigger shoe and encourages straight backwards pull. It shortens trigger reach, reduces pretravel and presents a solid "wall break point" without much if any change to actual pull weight. You can buy just the shoe and install it on your existing trigger bar, but most people don't do that as the cost of the assembly is just a few dollars more and you get NP3 or high polished parts that are otherwise stock Glock.
Does it shorten the reach similar to a ZEV?

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
A little pricey, but I like the Overwatch triggers on Glocks.

I guess I'm the guy that everyone jokes about where the trigger is worth more than the gun. Overwatch isn't that bad as long as you are happy with it.

quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
...the small minority of us with large hands that are not interested in smaller pistols, thinner grips, and shorter reach triggers!

Just a thought, if Bruce happens to look at this thread! Wink

Yeah, that would be a plus, but in my case, just about all my Sigs have the 8mm trigger.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post