SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    229 Classic Carry Talo G10 grips vs standard plastic grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

229 Classic Carry Talo G10 grips vs standard plastic grips Login/Join 
Picture of JGIORD
posted
Does anyone know if the standard 229 plastic grips are overall thinner than the G10s that come on the 229 Classic Carry model.

Also will the plastic ones fit the carry model?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JGIORD,

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
The standard factory 229 grips fit the Classic Carry, and are a little thinner than the G10s on the CC by my measurements. My standard factory 229 grips are ~1.30", the CC G10s about ~1.37". That is with the grips mounted on the gun.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
The standard factory 229 grips fit the Classic Carry, and are a little thinner than the G10s on the CC by my measurements. My standard factory 229 grips are ~1.30", the CC G10s about ~1.37". That is with the grips mounted on the gun.

The same goes for the P228/229 G10 and Alu grips made by Hogue. They are a hair thicker side-to-side, but the front-to-back measures less, especially near the bottom. So, the overall circumference is less.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much guys. Much appreciated. Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post