SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock trigger question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock trigger question Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
A spring should be about three dollars. A minus connector about ten. A ghost connector about 25, depending on which one.

The Overwatch trigger is just a factory trigger bar. That's it. Some are coated, some aren't. I've had them direct from the factory, sitting down in their office, and have discussed it with them (nice folks). They'll reuse your own trigger bar...it's their trigger shoe that you're paying for, and while they are definitely more comfortable than the factory plastic serrated trigger shoe.

The G42 has a history of being one of the Glocks that Glock didn't necessarily get right. The problems you're describing, however, sound more like a parts combination issue.

With my previous reply, I'd lost track of it being a G42. Disregard comments about the competition spring as a factor. It doesn't apply here.

You also have the option of sending the pistol to Glock to reburbish. They'll remove any aftermarket parts and send them back to you in a baggie.

Essentially all aftermarket Glock triggers ship with an OEM trigger bar.
Overwatch doesn't typically use your trigger bar, they ship a trigger shoe/trigger bar assembly.

For G42/43 the Overwatch trigger is a great upgrade, so straightshooter is good with that.
Unfortunately his gunsmith thought that installing the defunct (de facto re-called) connector was good idea.
straightershooter has the G42/G43 Minus Connector ordered and hopefully that will give him the trigger he wants.

The G42/G43 Minus Connector is not (like) the standard Minus Connector.
It was a special roll out to replace the defunct, unmarked connector due to an avalanche of unfavorable field reports on the unmarked connector.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As stated before, I'm very aware of the minus connector in the G42, G43, and also Precision Overwatch triggers.

Presently they sell just the trigger shoe, or triggers with glock trigger bars, and I've had them put their trigger shoe on my trigger bar in their office in Deer Valley, in person.

I had the original connector in my G43; the trigger was atrocious. I put in the ghost, for a vast improvement, and when Glock came out with a minus connector, I installed that; it's in the pistol presently.

The G43X and G48 came out with the minus connector installed, and still a terrible trigger. Enter the ghost connector; makes a much better trigger.

Glock's track record with the G42 isn't great.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
As stated before, I'm very aware of the minus connector in the G42, G43, and also Precision Overwatch triggers.

Presently they sell just the trigger shoe, or triggers with glock trigger bars, and I've had them put their trigger shoe on my trigger bar in their office in Deer Valley, in person.

I had the original connector in my G43; the trigger was atrocious. I put in the ghost, for a vast improvement, and when Glock came out with a minus connector, I installed that; it's in the pistol presently.

The G43X and G48 came out with the minus connector installed, and still a terrible trigger. Enter the ghost connector; makes a much better trigger.

Glock's track record with the G42 isn't great.

Overwatch just started selling separate shoes.
The PolyDAT to be specific.
I was an early adopter with Overwatch back in their first entrance to the market and they do a great job with their products.

Keep in mind that the OP wants a trigger that is clean, but not too light.
A Ghost connector with a "rolling break" may not be ideal.
Something with a "defined wall" is probably going to win the day here.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the Money Pit is back in business, shooting like a house afire.

I got the OEM G42 minus trigger and it made almost no difference. The gunsmith said I could polish that thing a long, long time before anything good would happen. Actually he was a bit more abrupt than that, but I've edited it.

I said,"How 'bout a Ghost?" and he smiled and nodded, so I ordered one and it has made the G42 a really sweet shooting gun, trigger pull is great (didn't measure it as I didn't care what the scale said, rather it made it nice...for me).

I shot it today and it is wonderful. That's a good thing, since I have so much money in it, It can be nothing but a keeper.

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post