SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320c magazine modification to accept X-Compact Grip Module?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320c magazine modification to accept X-Compact Grip Module? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
I have two P320c pistols. It is my understanding that the original round peg 9mm and .357sig magazines will not work with an X-Compact module because the floor plate 'ears' won't fit. Since I'm late to the party, the square peg floor plate kits are out of stock at every place I've checked.

Some apparently trim the ears off. Does that make the magazines loose? Has anyone filed or used a DREMEL to thin the ears? Was this successful?

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I ran in to the same issue. I originally thought to thin the ears, but it didn’t work out for me. Ultimately, I used a Dremel to remove the ears, leaving me with a flush base plate. It fits and functions perfectly.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thanks. And the removal of the 'ears' doesn't cause the magazines to be loose or rattle?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I removed the baseplates and used a dremal, it only took a few minutes. Now all my mags work no matter what grip I use

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That seems to be the easiest coarse of action. I have a bench mounted belt/disc sander that will make quick work of it. Thanks to both of you.

posted Hide Post
I have thinned the ears down on 8 base plates and they work fine on the X frames.I used a dremel and tool a little off at a time till they fit.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's a simple modification, and the mags aren't loose afterwards.

I've modified all of my older 17 and 15 round magazines, using a set of side-cutting pliers to nip off most of the ears, and then removing/smoothing the remainder with two different grits of sandpaper.

Only takes about a minute total per baseplate.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try the thinning of the 'ears' first. If it doesn't work, off they come. Thanks for the replies.

OSAGE has a sale on the X-Compact medium grip modules so this was the time to try one.

posted Hide Post
My thread died, but this is what I did to resolve this. Now it doesn't matter which style of mag baseplate I use it was a fun project.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...580002364#2580002364

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
My thread died, but this is what I did to resolve this. Now it doesn't matter which style of mag baseplate I use it was a fun project.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...580002364#2580002364

I like that for another option. Thanks.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I did four magazines in about 10 minutes. If you look at the newer 'square peg' floor plates, the 'ears' are about half the thickness and not curved as the 'round peg' floor plates.

I used a DREMEL and coarse sanding drum to reshape them. Final touch up with dry 200 grit black oxide sanding paper. They'll work fine.