SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Old Smith and Wesson arrived!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Old Smith and Wesson arrived! Login/Join 
posted
Kind of a cool version, their "in between" the top break models and the swing out cylinder hand ejector models. What Smith and Wesson called The Perfected Model. Uses both the top break latch AND the cylinder release style thumb latch.

An apocryphal story has it that the design was motivated by an event where an officer had a criminal at gunpoint and the bad guy (with whatever passed for ninja like moves at the turn of the century) reached across and released the top break latch, rendering the officers gun useless.... Not sure if I buy that, but still a neat design!

Bill R.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Thanks for showing us your pistol, I didn't know about that model.

Looks brand new to me!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never seen that one before! So what is the opening sequence? Cylinder release then top strap?

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohsheepdog:
Never seen that one before! So what is the opening sequence? Cylinder release then top strap?

Yeah, you have to push forwards on the cylinder release latch and then you can lift the top break latch.
Another trivia factoid: It's also the only Top Break Smith and Wesson with the side plate on the right side. You can use that as an almost perfect example of useless knowledge, but still... Might make a fun tiebreaker interview question or something...
Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Sip some whisky and admire that (unloaded) rare piece.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Very nice. Sip some whisky and admire that (unloaded) rare piece.

Well... It's Buffalo Trace Bourbon tonight, actually! Since it's my "Friday night". And I'm still working on getting some S&W .38, and S&W .32, so for now all my Tp Breaks are perminantly unloaded!

Bill R

posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I never even would have noticed its' thumb latch. A nice old revolver and she still bares nearly all its nickle plate.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
She's beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Nice find and addition! I love the charm of those old nickel wheel guns have. If only they could talk.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just plain sweet...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Smile
Thanks for the additional information! Cool

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Another feature I just noticed, the front of the cylinder is radiused.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Another feature I just noticed, the front of the cylinder is radiused.
Scallops, they still do this today on some S&Ws.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's a lovely old thing. I have never seen one "in the flesh".

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
What a great old revolver, nice catch sir.
Beautiful pic also.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post