SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Battleworn Red... Ugly? Interesting? Whaddaya Think?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battleworn Red... Ugly? Interesting? Whaddaya Think? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
To each his own I guess.

I like naturally occurring patina. I would not pay extra to have it that way.

I am an old fogey, so I am predisposed to expect firearms to be black, blue, or some shade of hard chrome/stainless. (though I am pondering a synthetic rifle stock in camo or some sort of spider web.) There are no functional reasons they can't be some other color though, I guess.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous shit for people living in a comic book world.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just after the pre-worn-out jeans craze mentioned earlier, we had the shirts with bullet holes fad. No, not like the real ones in current day Chicago.

They'd take new shirts (empty) and shoot them with real boolits. Then sell them to the more-money-than-brains crowd.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I would arm my Crimson Guard with them. Wink

Coooobr.....errr take care shoot safe. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Butt fugly!

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...but let just ONE scratch get on the operator's "battle-worn" pistol and they would lose their shit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
To me it makes it look like a cheap plastic toy, or what a cosplayer would carry.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
To me it makes it look like a cheap plastic toy, or what a cosplayer would carry.

Yeah, you know that came from the world of video gamers.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
bad idea. Somebody's going to get shot because they think the robber or other nefarious type has a fake gun. Might get a cop shot for the same reason.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ridiculous shit for people living in a comic book world.

This.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Is it ridiculous? absolutely, but I don't hate it.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Serious issue: It looks too much like a toy gun. It's something a kid, even one who was taught some level of gun safety, might not recognize as a real gun.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it functions and shoots just as well as a normal black gun. But this is just not my personal taste. The color is fugly to start with, and if it is going to have a "distressed" or "battle-worn" look, I want to be the one who put it there. I don't buy new clothing or furniture that is "distressed" or "rustic" either. I want them pristine.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who has hands that big? it's enormous !

I like my two tone, normal size XD a lot ,
for ten years now

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
NIB never fired.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
For those who argue that a fancy gun used in self defense would be sitting in the evidence room forever...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Who has hands that big? it's enormous !

This guy.

-or-

For those who argue that a fancy gun used in self defense would be sitting in the evidence room forever...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Nope, prefer something in puce or mauve...

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of something Boba Fett would carry.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post