SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DAK Consensus ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK Consensus ? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
This all-stainless 357/40 P226 started life before the introduction of the DAK system, but was converted by Grayguns.

How long did this take? I have a 226ST in 357...

The turnaround was quite quick; I don’t recall the exact time, but it was within a couple of weeks, I believe. I don’t know if Grayguns would still offer that service, but it would be worth asking.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
This all-stainless 357/40 P226 started life before the introduction of the DAK system, but was converted by Grayguns.

This is a 9mm all stainless that was reportedly an RCMP contract overrun.

I had heard of Grayguns doing DAK conversions of stainless SIGs, but that would not have been allowed, by PD rules, on or off the clock. The Canadian stainless DAK is interesting.

DAK was very good for me, for a time, but that time has passed. Running autopistol slides is not fun, anymore, with my aging right hand, arm, and shoulder. I still use my all-steel, 5” 1911 pistols, which are nicely gentle orthopedic pistols, but otherwise, mostly use revolving pistols.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to an LE shoot at Sig. Each stage had a Sig pistol to shoot. One group of guys from a federal agency looked at the DA/SA pistols staged and everyone of them turned around to go get their DAK pistols out of their cars. They didn't want to bother with da/sa. I'm not saying DAK is better than da/sa, they were issued and use to DAK. Simple system, I have DAK P226 for nightstand duty.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the DAK system.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. It's an easy system to teach new shooters to be proficient with under stress. Yes, my split times are slower, but not in a way that would matter in a real scenario. I'm more precise with a nicely tuned 1911 trigger, but again I shoot the DAK with more than enough precision for it's intended purpose. I'm just not taking my duty weapon to shoot bullseye matches at 50 yds.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
The above posts have done a great job of summarizing the DAK system... quite simply it's a pure gunfighting system.

Just as GM makes different cars for different purposes, various guns are made for varying reasons; range work, gamesmanship at matches, hunting and so on.

DAK's purpose is pretty narrow; simple, efficient, easy to run system for face to face encounters of the most deadly serious kind. And it does it very well.

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan, although only one of my classic series Sigs is DAK (P220R Carry). I don't have an issue going back and forth between DAK and DA/SA.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Big fan here, too.

P239 and also M11-A1 (many thanks to Robert Burke) are both DAK Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
After shooting DA/SA, I'm spoiled. I like the SA too much. I tried to enjoy the DAK, but it wasn't for me.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post