SIGforum
DAK Consensus ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5920048834

March 09, 2018, 04:56 PM
geo57
DAK Consensus ?
I've read some reports from shooters who like the DAK trigger and read reports from LEO who hate the DAK. What is the consensus among you here that have considerable trigger time with the DAK trigger ? I'm considering one ( P220 DAK ) so I'd like to hear the good and the bad and if you favor them to a DA /SA or a DAO.

FWIW, I'm an old DA revolver guy who likes that system.

Thanks to all in advance.
March 09, 2018, 04:59 PM
pbramlett
I love the DAK system. I have no problems with it. I carried a DAK 229 for years and then a 239 DAK.

Regards,

P.
March 09, 2018, 05:08 PM
az4783054
I was trained on and issued da-sa SIG pistols but when I retired I discovered something better in DAK. Less to fiddle with under stress also appealed to my wife. I've had four of them (p229 & P239).

My only negative was it was hard (for me) to sense the shorter but slightly heavier reset. So I used the SIG intended full stroke lighter trigger press which worked fine for me.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
March 09, 2018, 05:19 PM
sigfreund
I too am an old revolver guy. I bought my first SIG, a DA/SA P229, in 1992, but after I got back into shooting in a serious way, I realized I preferred double action only. I had the pistol converted to DAO (before I discovered how easy it would have been to do it myself), and shot only DAO SIGs for several years. Then the DAK was introduced and after some hesitation, I tried a gun with that trigger. The lighter trigger pull is nice, as is the short reset option. That converted me and except for the P320 I’ve been shooting DAK pistols almost exclusively ever since.

I like the P320, but not for concealed carry, so I’ve tried to ensure I have a lifetime supply of DAK models.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 09, 2018, 06:24 PM
Cousin Vinnie
I have a P226, P229 and P239 in DAK and I just love the DAK system. I have to admit that it took a little getting use to, but once you do, you'll love it!
March 09, 2018, 06:26 PM
Rolan_Kraps
I love my 220 Carry DAK. Your profile doesn't say where you live, but if you are anywhere in North Georgia, I'd be glad to let you shoot mine.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
March 09, 2018, 06:40 PM
geo57
Thanks all. Rolan, I appreciate the offer but I'm in Nebraska.
March 09, 2018, 09:39 PM
creedbratton2
I have north of 10k rounds on a DAK trigger. The trigger is what you make of it. The DAK trigger is slower than glock triggers. What I mean is I can get rounds on target quicker with a glock than a DAK Sig. Personally, I like the Dak compared to the DA/SA. The trigger allows me to shoot consistently. With DA i tend to have problems with my first shot. You may want to check out a P250 if you can find one, the trigger feels about like a long DA revolver. I prefer the DAK, but to each his own. Hope this helps.
March 10, 2018, 10:36 PM
wheeler1191
Have owned a 229 DAK 40 S&W for 11 years and carried as duty gun for 6 of those. Like the DAK and have a 239 and 220 DA\SA. You will find the DAK easy to adjust too with practice.
March 11, 2018, 03:19 AM
Started carring duty firearm P229R DAK when they first came out. Will never go back to DA/ SA.

Also carry P239 DAK off duty .

March 11, 2018, 07:03 AM
fatdog
I am a late comer to the DAK having started with DA/SA P series guns in the late 1980's but it is my preferred system now. Took some trigger time to get the hang of it but I would not go back either.
March 11, 2018, 07:10 AM
sybo
Ahhhhhhhhhh “ Double Action Kellerman” with the intermediate reset. I NEVER could shoot that trigger setup well. My old 239 was a great pistola, the trigger just messed with my muscle memory. At the time I was really into custom 1911s at the time and it created a bit of a trigger snob “syndrome“ for me Wink
March 11, 2018, 09:39 AM
sigfreund
In any discussion of the DAK trigger sooner or later someone will bring up the short trigger reset option. I won’t launch into my usual rant, but it bears remarking that using the short reset is optional. That means we can ignore it if we don’t want to use it. Many DAK shooters, including me, find that its somewhat heavier trigger pull weight is unnoticeable during rapid fire, but if it’s an annoyance, ignore it.

It’s like turning the lights off when we leave the bathroom. Don’t want to do that? Don’t. The only difference is that if your kids have been educated in “environmental responsibility” rather than how to read and write, they may say, “Dad!” in an exasperated tone of voice if you don’t turn out the lights. No one but you will notice if you don’t use the DAK short trigger reset.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 11, 2018, 09:59 AM
Warhorse
I had a P229SAS 1st Gen DAK that I loved the trigger on. To bad it was .40S&W, and that I needed funds for another purchase.

March 11, 2018, 10:04 AM
bobandmikako
I prefer DA/SA Sigs but have no issues with the DAK trigger. I no longer own one but will likely pick up a P229 in .40 or .357 the next time I see a good deal.

十人十色
March 11, 2018, 11:08 AM
gunguru123
I have never fired a DAK trigger but how does it compare to the HK LEM trigger? I am a huge LEM fan.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...
March 11, 2018, 01:00 PM
SevenPlusOne
I love it. Bought a cheap P-220 DAK, it's my main carry weapon.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
March 11, 2018, 01:24 PM
Fundman
Commercial sales of the DAK has been discontinued. Only servicing of existing law enforcement contracts. I think that is your consensus opinion right there.
March 11, 2018, 02:34 PM
FN in MT
A trigger is whatever it is...Learn to shoot it.
March 11, 2018, 03:09 PM
SevenPlusOne
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Commercial sales of the DAK has been discontinued. Only servicing of existing law enforcement contracts. I think that is your consensus opinion right there.

People also buy selfie sticks...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"