SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot my P226 Mastershop (and Browning 1911-38i0) today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot my P226 Mastershop (and Browning 1911-38i0) today Login/Join 
Picture of arflattop
posted
Bought a P226 X5 Mastershop in 2013 and decided to take it to the range today. Thought I might keep it as unfired, but decided, at age 67, why let someone else have all the fun when I'm gone!

I knew it would be sweet, but it's really impressive. The balance, the ergonomics of the grip, the trigger are all perfect. I shot the center and lower right bulls at 10 yards, standing and unsupported.

I also recently purchased a Browning 1911-380, in my quest for a mid sized .380. It is incredibly light and thin with an acceptable trigger for a $500 pistol. The perceived recoil is less than my wife's P238, although the Browning has a longer grip and a little more barrel out front. It seems a bit cheap with a white plastic part retaining the recoil spring, but it shot much better than I expected. I shot the upper left and lower left bulls with the Browning at 10 yds.

https://s6.postimg.cc/psatgbmpt/IMG_1725_70.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arflattop,

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thought I might keep it as unfired, but decided, at age 67, why let someone else have all the fun when I'm gone!

That's the spirit. Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Drool.....

She's pretty.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arflattop:
Bought a P226 X5 Mastershop in 2013 and decided to take it to the range today. Thought I might keep it as unfired, but decided, at age 67, why let someone else have all the fun when I'm gone! I knew it would be sweet, but it's really impressive. The balance, the ergonomics of the grip, the trigger are all perfect. I shot the center and lower right bulls at 10 yards, standing and unsupported.]

Suspect you'll be able to tighten those groups up if you work at it.

Big Grin

I made the mistake of taking a Glock owning buddy out and letting him shoot my X6 P220. He clover leaved (tight cloverleaf no less) the first 3, turned back and smiled a big shit eating smile at me, then shot one 2 inches off the group. At 25 YARDS. Wish I could shoot like that.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet X5 LW , CONGRATS for taking it out..

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Yes, jimb888, somehow I didn’t think I could blame it on the pistol!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Which X5 model is that? It’s two-tone, but doesn’t look like the Black & White model. I love my X5 Comp with its Robert Burke action job.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Which X5 model is that? It’s two-tone, but doesn’t look like the Black & White model. I love my X5 Comp with its Robert Burke action job.

p226 x-five lightweight

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I hadn’t known of the X5 lightweight.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226x5 black and white and my wife has the blue moon. They are amazing gun. I haven't been shooting mine because no parts available if something breaks, but that's dumb. I bought it to shootSmile Congrats!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a P226 x5 lightweight. And thanks, Skins, for posting the picture for me. I'm not sure why mine didn't show, but I'll figure it out someday.

JPFO Life Member

posted Hide Post
Man that is one beautiful pistol. I can understand not wanting to shoot it and also shooting it. Somethings are just too pretty but yet need to be used. That is what I hate about Sigs. They make some sweet looking pistols that look like works of art but are made to be used hard.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like your attitude.....Might as well enjoy shooting a nice pistol yourself!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind I'd like to see a pic of that 226 X5 .
Thanks

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Nick, I’ll get a decent picture of it online late this afternoon. Post image is having issues and I can’t recall their new url. I’m 50 miles from the house dealing with a flat tire....

JPFO Life Member