SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    broken striker safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

broken striker safety Login/Join 
posted
Today was a bad day, my p320C 9mm striker safety broke after 5200 rounds. Anyone has experienced this problem? This is a first serie model. I have a second serie P320 FS, the safety is flat on both sides and the striker housing is different from the first series. There was a redesign probably due to some problems like i've experienced.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the drop safety inside the slide?

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the striker safety wich is released when you pull the trigger With the safety lever in the frame

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many redesigns there have been of the P320? I see they just changed the slide a bit on the P320 C after my January 2017 model to increase reliability. It seems like a never ending process and since they are not releasing them in Gen 1,2,3,4 or 1.0, 2.0 I am not liking the beta testing that can cause situations like the OPs. Can you get the part from Sig or is it discontinued?

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my case i've ordered a complete striker assemly to be sure!!! it's the first Sig i've bought that suffer parts breakage except springs.
and i've bought circa 35 P22x series.
I've seen too that the trigger bar is different from Gen 1 to gen 2 where the top pin of the sear protude on the right side on the gen 2.
I think it will be hard to find the right pieces for the gen1 without sending the gun back to SIG.
I've received the recoil spring assembly today, ordered in september!!!! Catastrophic sig customer service here in switzerland....