SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK experts, need some help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK experts, need some help. Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
If you buy a V1 can it be converted to V3?

Seems like there's a cutout in the V3 frame to accommodate the decocker.

Seems reasonable to convert a V3 to V1, but not the other way around.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Are we taking P2000 and P30 I assume? In these a V3 (DA/SA) can go to LEM but not the other way around because the cutout is misssing.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Yes! P30 is what I'm really eyeballing.....

Thanks for the info

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Correct the V3 can be changed to LEM but LEM cannot go V3.

That being said this is not officially supported or sanctioned by HK like with the USP/HK45 conversions.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
And it will void the warranty supposedly.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It will officially void the warranty but contrary to the popular meme HK customer service has been exemplary for quite a few years now. They really seemed to take that we are HK and we hate you thing to heart and turned things around pretty dramatically.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
It will officially void the warranty but contrary to the popular meme HK customer service has been exemplary for quite a few years now. They really seemed to take that we are HK and we hate you thing to heart and turned things around pretty dramatically.

That has been my experience lately. Been quite impressed actually.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post