SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dan Wesson 4" .357 - How Common
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson 4" .357 - How Common Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have my Dads Monson with an 8" barrel. He had it apart one day when I arrived.

"Give me a hand with this," picks up red loctite.

"Dad, you dont need loctite on that."

"I know." Puts red loctite on barrel.

"Lets use blue, if you put red on it, it'll be a bitch to get off."

Grins, "that'll be YOUR problem!" He held the grip, I held the wrench and he torqued the hell out of it.

I never have tried to get it off.
Big Grin

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a deal on one a couple of years ago. Walked into a gun shop and the owner told me he had just got one in, on consignment. It was an almost complete pistol pack. Four barrels, 2",4",6", and 8'. Three sets of grips, barrel tool, and an assortment of front sights. He did not have the patch or belt buckle or case. About two months later I walked in and he handed me the case. The original owner had died and his family was selling the gun. They found the case later and bought it in for me. I think I paid about $600.00 for it. It is a 15-2 Monsoon MA. I am very happy with it. I have not shot all of the barrels, but I like the concept of having one frame and action being able to change grips and barrels to suit your needs. I have several other .357 Magnum revolvers including a Python and a S&W Model 27. I think the Dan Wesson is comparable in quality with them. Not as finely finished, but certainly a good revolver. I am now on the lookout for a .22 Pistol Pack.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post