SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 239, 40 cal with new grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 239, 40 cal with new grips Login/Join 
posted
Almost sold my 239 40 cal (with an extra .357 Sig conversion barrel) but recently started to get more enthused about the 40 S&W cal.

So I decided, after 10 years of owning this gun, to finally get rid of the Hogue rubber grips and dress it up with some nice wood Hogue offerings.

When the grips were first delivered, I called Hogue and was going to send them back due to the rather strange stripping on them. They agreed but then a funny thing happened. I started to hold the grips up to the gun and thought I would at least try them on first. They then started to grow on me and I decided to keep them.

After reading that it was starting to become difficult to get magazines for this discontinued line of guns, I found that MGW had them new for $31.50. Ordered 2 and will now be good to go with a total of 5.

The sights are set up for the .357 barrel but they are very close with the 40 cal barrel back in. Sure glad I didn’t sell this since it is really old school Sig Sauer.

I remember when I bought it used from a local dealer (this was a former police off duty gun in 40 cal), I sat in the parking lot and called Sig. Ordered a .357 Sig barrel and 3 mags which have usually been in the gun since then. Both the 40 cal and .357 work just great in it.

Just some thoughts,

Trooper Joe

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Got any upcoming neighborhood BBQ's? Smile

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I never liked the “feel” of my 239 until I put Nill Grips on it. What a difference they make! Congratulations on a beautiful gun.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post