SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your range bag?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your range bag? Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SRA:
Not really a bag, but this has been my constant pistol range companion for almost 20 years.

Man, those old school bullseye pistol boxes were awesome. Bulky but awesome.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
quote:
Originally posted by SRA:
Not really a bag, but this has been my constant pistol range companion for almost 20 years.

Man, those old school bullseye pistol boxes were awesome. Bulky but awesome.

People including some range safety officers have scoffed and condescended until I open the box. True, it is very heavy, but worth it for an extended range session.

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
A yellow Boeing tool bag from the 80’s. Strong, spacious, lots of magazine-size pockets and totally enculturated in the local geography.

7mm

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started out with a Midway Compact Competition bag and I love that bag. Just recently ordered a Midway Competition bag when they came up back in stock and on sale. For the price and the quality of the bags, the Midway stuff is a no brainer.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I am always on the constant search for 'the bag'. I just moved a few out of rotation including an S&W Sigma giveaway range bag, a LA police Gear XL bailout bag, and a Plano Hard bottom tool bag. I am currently using an ORCA range bag I got as a gift.

https://www.amazon.com/Orca-Ta...ooting/dp/B01NAARRSJ

An Allen Eliminator Pro Bag that I picked up for under $20 at Gander(on sale for $29 plus $10 gift from joining their club).

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-E...-Black/dp/B019KAQYO6

And I just ordered an Oakley Breach Range Bag because one of you had to post a link on LA Police Gear and fed my addiction. By the way, they have it on sale here and probably the best price I have seen..including clearance from Midway USA. %59.99 MSRP is $200. I missed out on that sale but not this one. Here is the link to feed your addiction as well!

https://lapolicegear.com/oakley-breacher-bag.html

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good old Sears Craftsman tool bag. Plenty of storage room for ammo boxes in bottom compartment,
and lots of space above for ear protection, two or
three handguns, shooting glasses, etc. Nothing to
indicate guns contained therein.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Also, as DMF mentioned two posts down, it's way easier to find stuff against the light-colored inner lining.

That is WAY too tidy, KKina!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Use promo code OAKCL20 for 20% off the Oakley range bag tonight at LA Police Gear.

Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I use one of the Midway bags. I generally only bring 1 pistol to the range on each trip, and put 200 rounds through it (OCD, what do you want from me? lol)

My range back has my ammo, pistol, mags, the Shoot-N-See sticky targets, tape, muffs, ear plugs, a metal clip for targets, Glock take down tool, Allen wrench for 1911 hex grip screws, plastic 1911 bushing wrench, gun oil, gun grease, Maglula loader, pair of Mechanix shooting gloves, and a couple of other things. Most of those things get used at one point or another.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I use a rolling Zuca bag. Lots of room, and it has a metal cage. You can use it as a stool to sit on.

I have bad knees, so I cannot stand in 1 place for very long, unless I walk around or pace. When there is a long line at my indoor range, I can sit on it until it is my turn to go in. I also sit on it while reloading mags sometimes. Very useful.

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
GPS backpack. Ammo goes in top, guns in bottom, sep pockets for mags, tools and stapler/tape. I also have a small camera bag with extra ammo if it’s going to be a longer session.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've use all sorts and sizes of range bags over the years and have now settled on this little guy

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...-range-and-field-bag

Yes it's small, but all I put in it is my normal range stuff (a rag or two, mag loaders, field tools, hearing and eye protection) along with the couple of hand guns I plan on shooting, either in a holster or rug. I've got a separate little bag for ammo. I think being a minimalist style makes it easier to find things and the small size forces me to make decisions on what to keep in there and what to leave out. Larger bags I've had were cluttered with things I never used. Price is good too.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:

Also, as DMF mentioned two posts down, it's way easier to find stuff against the light-colored inner lining.

I just got too tired of forgetting stuff.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My first "real" range bag was a Tac Force large range bag. I've had it for about 10-11 years and the thing is a tank. It will definitely hold more stuff than I can carry.

When I started shooting competitively, I used a LAPG Bailout Bag for local matches as the Tac Force was overkill. Excellent "bang for your buck" and will hold almost everything you need, and then some. Ended up giving it away to a friend who was getting into shooting and needed a good bag.

I picked up a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack back when they sponsored Team SIG. Very well built and thought out pack that holds everything I need for the longer, bigger matches - but also easy to grab for quick range trips. Plus it's more comfortable to lug around vs. traditional range bag.

The funny thing is that nowadays with most of the big, all-day matches are seemingly scheduled in the hotter months, so I toss everything in this...

Folding chair, backpack, cooler, etc. Big Grin

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:

I just got too tired of forgetting stuff.

I like it. Being organized is never a bad thing (now where did I put that damn keyboard?). Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offshore angler boat bag. Cheap $27-35 depending on size, incredibly strong with padded handles, and water resistant/proof. These last me a decade or more and you can stuff them full of ammo and they don't fall apart. Sold at Bass Pro Shops

https://www.basspro.com/shop/e...ore-angler-boat-bags

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Vertx A-Range Bag. After trying out so many, included a great LaRue range bag, this one is big enough to go to the range, and carry whatever.

https://images-na.ssl-images-a...KZnUfQL._SL1500_.jpg

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a GPS tactical backpack. Holds three pistols and everything I need for the range.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Husky tool bag.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hu...l-80897N09/202018002

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post