SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tysons Corner Sigarm p210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tysons Corner Sigarm p210 Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys been a member for a while but never bought,sold, or talked to anyone on here but live the sight.I own 5 Sigs at the moment and have owned several others. My question is does anyone know anything about a Sigarm P210 from Tysons Corner? I'm trying to buy one but not sure how rare or desirable it is,like any P210 isn't desirable.
Thanks for any help any happy shooting.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Hello jdm, I'm not one of the SIG history experts here, but I'll share my .02 worth till they get here. I believe Herndon and Tysons Corner were both SIG US import locations prior to setting up operations in Exeter. Seems like one or more of my P210s purchased 30 years ago were marked Tysons Corner. I don't know if a Swiss P210s import location in and of itself makes one P210 worth more or less than another. I'll shut up now and wait for the forum members who actually know what they are talking about to commentWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert, either, and I agree with rock185. Tysons Corner is just SIG's import marking at the time they were located there. I don't think the Tysons Corner P210s are any more, or less, desirable than others.

Again, waiting for the experts to come along. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Condition, age, and accessories are everything. My very first P210 was Tysons Corner marked.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick responses, I have an opportunity to purchase one that has only about 50 rounds thru it with 5 mags in very nice condition,it has target and all paperwork unfortunately I just found out he doesn't have the box for it. He wants $3200 which I thought was a bit too much and that's why I was wondering if Tysons Corner added any value.
Thanks again

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I would imagine a Lysons Corner stamped one would bring a pretty penny though. Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Despite not having the box, for the gun you describe, that price is not really out of line by today's standards. They normally come with only one magazine, so having 5 is a defnite plus, as they run about $100 ea.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
What specific model P210 are you looking at? Yes, five magazines is a big plus.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the one MG34_Dan posted except for the adjustable rear sight.

posted Hide Post
It also has the nil grips.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wow, a lot of us have the guns but you'll find a real drought of information. I'll just give my opinion and try to justify it with logic. I've only still got 2 of the guns, a -2 with the 3 caliber stuff, and maybe 5 magazines. One note about magazines, if they're not really SIG mags, they carry a value of between nothing and $20. That high figure is if they feed reliably. To show you how dumb I am, I paid $3400 for that gun back in about 2003.

The other is a -7 gun with 2 magazines. And a round count of near zero. The rule of a P210 mag being worth $100 only holds for 9mm/.30 cal mags. The 22 cal mag is probabl worth $300-500 if you can find anyone stupid enough to sell. Its marked "Bennet Arms", a Kalifornia firm.

The markings are related to the US law requiring the guns to be marked with the name of the importer. My -7 is also marked "Swiss made". Kind of like the defacing our victory guns had done by the anti gun Brits. We were nice enough to make them and send them, they still hated us and gouged them all up.

From my view, the older the P210s are the better the workmanship. Others may not agree. We used to have a poster here who went to great lengths to explain his views. He was rewarded with constant sniping and finally got himself banned. I tend to agree with his reasons, and think earlier guns are better. They all shoot pretty darn well, much better than most of us are capable of.

Maybe somone here knows when Tyson's corner was the import point. I would personally prefer one of those to a newer gun. But I'm not sure I'd pay a bunch more for it. If the seller wants $3200 for the gun with 5 genuine SIG mags, it means you're paying $2800 for the gun and $400 more for those mags. Not a bad price.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
From the Wiki: SIG Sauer Inc.[edit]
In January 1985 SIGARMS was established in Tyson's Corner, Virginia where the handgun models P220 and P230 were imported into the USA from SIG Sauer in Germany. Two years later the firm moved to a larger facility in Herndon, Virginia and introduced models P225, P226, and P228

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It actually has 6 mags,I failed to mention the one in the pistol.
That's what intrigued me about the Tysons Corner I couldn't find anywhere that the P210 was imported there although they obviously were.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I'm really ignorant about the P210s. What is the item in the photo below the pistol next to the magazines?

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Snoris that thing is the SIG P210 mag loader. MG34, one of my 210s was in the 306000 serial number range, within about 200 numbers or so of yours, IIRC. Looks like my recollection that one or more of my 210s from 30 years ago was a Tysons Corner marked gun was probably correct. Thanks for posting the photo of yours.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
... We used to have a poster here who went to great lengths to explain his views. He was rewarded with constant sniping and finally got himself banned. ...

I believe you are referring to Michael Zeleny.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post