SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 mag modification...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 mag modification... Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a 21 round Sig 320 9mm mag for use with my X frame with the magwell. It won't lock in. I've since learned that I need a different base plate (that sig has no idea when it will arrive) or I can modify mine. I'm tempted to mod, has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Greg

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Springer Precision makes the base plates Sig provides for their 17rd P320 X5 mags - pretty sure they sell them directly if you contact SP.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
They're in stock right now at Sig.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...250-floor-plate.html

EDIT: Sorry, you're looking for the 21rd mag bases which I've never seen sold separately. These bases would work with the 17rd mags to make them work in the X5 grip module.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I’ve never modified them. Kinda scared to since finding them is hard. I’m planning on getting these.

https://obsidianarms.com/produ...r-p320-e22-base-pad/

I have their P320SC extended ones and love them.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I'd seen the springer, but was hoping that I could make this one work. Right now I've got a $50 mag that only works with the grip frame that I just spent $100 to replace. LOL. I'll probably just throw it aside until Sig gets the replacement base pad or sell it.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Don't ditch or modify your 21 rounder.

You can replace that 21 round magazine baseplate with any 17 round magazine baseplate, even an old style one. This will allow the 21 rounder to work with your Xgrip module. It just won't have the flush-fit look.

That's what I did. I put new baseplates on my 17 rounders, and then used the old baseplates for my 21 rounders. Now all my mags work with my X-Carry grip module.

Here's how it looks:

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a simple fix to remove the baseplate and just bevel the upper 1/2" using a belt sander or manual files. Super easy and won't cost $40. Just a little elbow grease.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I may try to file it by hand, knowing that I can get new base plate that will work.