SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Questions Login/Join 
posted
New guy here with a subject that most likely been discussed 100 times BUT........Just put $ down on a Sig P229 (AK 14 xxx)around 2000 in 40 S&W. This one is a two toned, slide 'stainless' marked and has stainless or nickel controls. What is the standard mag capacity for this year 229? Anything that I should know about this models background.

Posts: 8 | Location: Down East | Registered: September 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I once owned a 357/40 P229 with serial number AK22xxx that I purchased new in 2001. That was during the Dark Decade when magazines holding more than 10 rounds were prohibited to the common folk by Federal law, and that’s what P229 mags held. I later sold it because it couldn’t be converted to the DAK trigger, but it was totally reliable for thousands of rounds. Before 1994 and after 2004 the standard factory magazines for 357/40 P229s held 12 rounds.

If the gun has factory nickel plated controls, that was when SIG also plated the stainless steel slides so that their color and the color of the controls would match. Later two-tone pistols had black controls and in-the-white stainless slides.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post