SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For Swiss SIG P210/P49 fans out there...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Swiss SIG P210/P49 fans out there... Login/Join 
posted
Here is a picture of one of my P210/P49s.

It is a very early model, with the high polish blue finish, made in 1949/50, and was one of the second batch issued to the Swiss Army.

This particular one is quite rare as it still retains a hammer without the safety notch. Almost all were recalled and retrofitted by the SIG factory.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
It´s a nice piece. The one I own of this series is not as nice.

A mind boggling issue might be the hammer. A couple of smart dealers had the idea to reconvert arsenal converted pistols of the two first series with hammers of Danish surplus pistols when they became available. So unless you have the pistol form it´s original owner, there is no way to proof it the pistol is as produced or a retrofitted retrofit. This mind followed me for a couple of decades until I it put it to a rest. Big Grin

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post