SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    9mm pistol with a brace
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm pistol with a brace Login/Join 
posted
I'm thinking about getting one of these and don't know much about this specific brands, which of the three is the most reliable for a house duty. Do you think that pistols with a brace have a future in the US?.

Question:
Which is the most reliable?

Choices:
Kriss vector SDP gen 2
PTR 9C
Zenith Z 5RS

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think that pistols with a brace have a future in the US?.

You should ask the ATF this question. Eek

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The BATFE is getting entirely too many questions about arm braces, which may lead them to give an answer none of us will like.

Buy a brace and keep your mouth shut.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on you’re on a Sig forum so the logical answer is MPX.

You might also want to include the CZ Scorpion.

Posts: 3917 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pick any of those. MPX, Scorpion or best probably is an AR in 9. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Another vote for CZ Scorpion Evo

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think they're past that point. They even seemed to have gotten away from trying to stop people from shouldering the things.

As long as The Donald is in the White House, I don't see the ATF being too aggressive about issues like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Inusuit:
The BATFE is getting entirely too many questions about arm braces, which may lead them to give an answer none of us will like.

Buy a brace and keep your mouth shut.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Another vote for CZ Scorpion Evo

Ditto

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you should consider the CZ Scorpion evo. I used to own a Kriss, but it is very awkward especially for the house gun you propose, but it may fit you better. I have a Scorpion evo pistol with the brace and fold to the side adapter and its easy to carry, and store, and shoots great. The size is why Ive gotten rid of my 12 gg shotgun as my house gun. The mags are inexpensive and the Manticore mags are great. Good shopping!

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
9 MM AR with 14 inch barrel. Fun gun.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I wouldn't pick any of those. MPX, Scorpion or best probably is an AR in 9. FWIW>

+1. Have them both and like them both.

In terms of brace's future. I do wish people would quit poking the bear (or hornet's nest) with all of the internet posts and youtube videos and discussion of how they are circumventing the NFA.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If you like the scorpion out of the box. That's your buy. But I looked and hated the rail, safety, + buying brace.

That put me nearly into MPX territory. So I just spent the extra few bucks on the MPX.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not a pistol I have an MPX carbine and Kriss Vector CRB. out of the two, the manual of arms gives the edge to the MPX combined with the weight.

Rainier arms gives a good break down of what is available.

Even thought i have both of those, if i was going to enter this game. I would look seriously at Freedom Ordinance's FX9

https://freedomordnance.com/fx-9-pistol/

Here is one that was in my local shop.

https://www.rainierarms.com/co...i/pistols/?limit=all

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
By $ you are willing to spend cheapest to most expensive:

1) scorpion
2) 9mm AR
3) MPX
4) B&T APX

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
PTR 9C all the way. I love that gun. Put an SB Tactical brace on it and call it a day.

Brace for PTR 9C

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Just got a PTR 9ct a little over a week ago. Short trip to the range was great, no problems in 200 rounds. Double taping center mass targets from 25 yards was a breeze. The brace and mlok forearm were included plus it’s American made.

I’m sure you will enjoy any of those choices.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1764/42032013995_ab18ba4e77_c.jpg"> 1291052B-4940-4367-873C-A3C762B535A3 by B O, on Flickr[/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah...a G34 with a brace... Big Grin

Sorry, but that's the image that conjured up in my head when I first read the topic line for the thread a few days ago.

The Zenith I've shot and liked. Very MP5. The PTR looks to be similar, just not quite as convincing to me. Doesn't quite channel the MP5 mystique as well for whatever reason. Probably just me.

The Vector is unfortunately a Kriss product; after dealing with their poor excuse of a CS department on behalf of problematic guns belonging to customers, I swore an oath (and up and down as well) never to have any personal dealings with that company again.

However when it comes down to the bottom line, I would pick none of these. I've never cared much for the CZ EVO myself, but loads of folk love it to death and for good reasons. Myself I rather have an AR-style 9mm, which is why I have a MPX and a Quarter Circle 10 Glock pattern build (carbine, with a pistol build soon to follow once I gather up the remaining bits).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
I have both the MPX (Gen 1), for which I got a ILWT 4.5" barrel for (SBR'd). Also have a Zenith Z-5P with a SBT folding brace.

Both run like sewing machines and not a hiccup from either. I will say the Zenith/SBR combination is a little more compact.

Good luck.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Is the whole point of these pistols with braces to get the equivalent of a short barreled rifle without having a tax stamp?

Maybe this is a delicate question, but, I don't see them as useful as actual pistols. I do see them as great short barreled rifles.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yeah...a G34 with a brace... Big Grin

Sorry, but that's the image that conjured up in my head when I first read the topic line for the thread a few days ago.

The Zenith I've shot and liked. Very MP5. The PTR looks to be similar, just not quite as convincing to me. Doesn't quite channel the MP5 mystique as well for whatever reason. Probably just me.

The Vector is unfortunately a Kriss product; after dealing with their poor excuse of a CS department on behalf of problematic guns belonging to customers, I swore an oath (and up and down as well) never to have any personal dealings with that company again.

However when it comes down to the bottom line, I would pick none of these. I've never cared much for the CZ EVO myself, but loads of folk love it to death and for good reasons. Myself I rather have an AR-style 9mm, which is why I have a MPX and a Quarter Circle 10 Glock pattern build (carbine, with a pistol build soon to follow once I gather up the remaining bits).

I had to return my defiance, it was fixed. I was updated as it went through the process. It was not an issue.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post