SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W is bringing back the Model 19
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W is bringing back the Model 19 Login/Join 
posted
Of course, they do it a year after I picked up a 686 Plus.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...ith-wesson-model-19/

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have the 686.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Carry Comp.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MIM parts and a frame lock. No thanks.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I miss my late-1970's production 4" M-19 or not. It was awkward in my hands, and I'm not very good at double-action, but it was superbly accurate.

That Carry Comp, though, could be worth looking at. Not as nice as a 3" M-65 Round Butt, but I'd look...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
The want is strong.

I wanted the 19 but couldn't find a good example. Joke's on me, though, my dad bought me a 586 to mirror his, so the itch is 90% scratched.

Anybody own both? Any reason to take the 19 over the 586 other than looks?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
That isn't a real Model 19 and never will be.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ILS?

Fuck that.

I don’t have a 19, but I have a 66-3 4” that is a peach. Used, a little worn, but great gun. Best $350 revolver I’ve ever found.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 19 was one of Smith's best .357's. Hopefully it comes back with a one-piece barrel. That carry comp looks interesting. A 4" is perfect.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why does S&W refuse to end the lock?

Show of hands here of those who actually use that lock?

This should be a no-brainer for S&W - get rid of lock, sell more guns. Sounds pretty simple to me.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I had one with a four inch barrel sometime in the early to mid 70s. I liked it but I ended up selling it. If I recall, I paid $125.00 for it new.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

They don't want to take the PR hit. Gun guys would love it, CNN and MSNBC would try to crucify them.
(even more than they already do)

ETA: There are a LOT of S&W revos that if they came without the lock, I would have bought them yesterday.
MIM doesn't bother me. One of my 629s has MIM parts and it's a much better shooter than the older one that doesn't....like not even close!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that S&W does offer some of the pistols without the lock; I've seen new 642's without the lock, even recently.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The company that last bought S&W is the same one that actually makes the locks. They may be called American Outdoor Brands Company these days, but it's still the old Saf-T-Hammer Corp. calling the shots behind that newest moniker, which itself is just a smokescreen to veil the fact that they make guns.

I suppose it's neat that they are rebooting some of their old catalog...again. But that damn lock cylinder...it's like a precancerous mole just waiting to explode.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
That POS doesnt even look like a real model 19. The current company posing as S&W can pound sand. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that is not a model 19. I carried one on a job in the 80's.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are more than enough real Model 19s out there. I would never buy a new S&W revolver with the lock, MIM parts and transfer bar.

Posts: 2476 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've never owned a S&W 19, owned several 66s - in fact the first gun that I bought for myself was a S&W 4" Model 66 in 1985 - fantastic trigger on that gun, long gone now.

I won't buy any S&W with a lock. I'm down to just one S&W revolver, an older Model 38 Bodyguard, can't see myself buying any S&W revolvers anymore. If I was to buy another revolver, the Kimber K6S would be it... fantastic trigger on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1,092.00, Yikes! Makes the $400 I paid for my -3 66(2.5) seem cheap.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the 19's and and a 586 for about thirty + years ,all were pawn shop finds.
They do have great triggers.
I will not buy anything with that stupid lock.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post