SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Have A Question On My New 320 X5 Legion.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have A Question On My New 320 X5 Legion. Login/Join 
posted
LGS had new 320 X5 Legions on sale for $849.00 so I couldn’t resist and bought one . The trigger pull is a consistent 4 lbs but has some creep .
I see that Grayguns and Armory Craft have trigger kits for these so I’m looking for recommendations for an improved trigger .
This is just going to be a range toy .
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Not sure how much this helps, but I had the same problem you did when I first bought my X5 Legion. 90% of my problems went away after I shot 300 rounds through it. While there's still a bit of creep, there is a better defined wall that wasn't there when the gun was brand new.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
LGS had new 320 X5 Legions on sale for $849.00 so I couldn’t resist and bought one . The trigger pull is a consistent 4 lbs but has some creep .
I see that Grayguns and Armory Craft have trigger kits for these so I’m looking for recommendations for an improved trigger .
This is just going to be a range toy .
Thanks in advance.

Simply changing out the trigger will not get rid of creep.
A better designed trigger will yield more LEVERAGE which will make the creep seem less of an annoyance.

To get rid of creep on a P320 (or variant) you have to address the striker lug/sear interface.
There are a few ways to do this :

1) Monkey with it yourself - not advised
2) Send the pistol off to Robert Burke aka SIG Armorer for a trigger job - spendy but excellent results
3) Build up round count - parts will burnish and smooth out as round count goes up
4) Get a Gray Guns sear

I did #4 (you have to buy full trigger kit to get sear).

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that the trigger that comes with the P320 Legion is an armory craft trigger. Previously it was a Grayguns trigger.

I have the Grayguns competition trigger on several P320's. No creep to speak of, no overtravel. Light. No real "break," not much to stage. Just press the trigger and there it is. A combination of springs can adjust the weight slightly.

The Legion doesn't need much, if anything done to it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I believe that the trigger that comes with the P320 Legion is an armory craft trigger. Previously it was a Grayguns trigger.

I have the Grayguns competition trigger on several P320's. No creep to speak of, no overtravel. Light. No real "break," not much to stage. Just press the trigger and there it is. A combination of springs can adjust the weight slightly.

The Legion doesn't need much, if anything done to it.

No Armory Craft or Gray Guns triggers are shipping with P320.

posted Hide Post
They were. What's changed?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The shoe is just a skeletonized version of the flat XSeries trigger. As far as internal work, I think all Sig did was put lighter springs in it. Does the GrayGuns package bring the trigger anywhere close to the P226 SAO Legion?

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The shoe is just a skeletonized version of the flat XSeries trigger.

They may have changed the pivot location for more leverage and raised the rear "shelf" which would reduce over-travel.
Still, it is nothing special and easy to beat with an aftermarket trigger.

quote:
As far as internal work, I think all Sig did was put lighter springs in it.

We know that the striker spring is lighter in the P320 Legion.
Again, no real magic there, becaause the P320 is almost fully charged when in battery.

quote:
Does the GrayGuns package bring the trigger anywhere close to the P226 SAO Legion?

If you get the full kit with the sear, that will exceed anything coming from SIG.

I have a hotrodded X-Five that pulls at 2lbs, minimal take-up and over-travel. Zero creep.
I wouldn't put it up against a tuned, conventional SAO but it's the best striker trigger that I have ever pulled.
It has a Gray Guns sear and the GGI light spring kit.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
If you get the full kit with the sear, that will exceed anything coming from SIG.

I have a hotrodded X-Five that pulls at 2lbs, minimal take-up and over-travel. Zero creep.
I wouldn't put it up against a tuned, conventional SAO but it's the best striker trigger that I have ever pulled.

No offense, but it sounds like a bit of double talk. You say it's better than what Sig can do, but is that in the realm just Strikers or are you including the P226 in that?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:

No offense, but it sounds like a bit of double talk. You say it's better than what Sig can do, but is that in the realm just Strikers or are you including the P226 in that?

In this context that you highlight, I am solely discussing P320 (and variants).
Someone above mentioned P226 and that is a completely different design and I would not compare it to P320.
I mentioned that above, quite clearly.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I was pretty sure that's what you meant, but there was a little wiggle room I wanted to be sure on before I spent more money.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.
So for best bang for the buck is it Grayguns or Armory Craft ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Thanks for the replies.
So for best bang for the buck is it Grayguns or Armory Craft ?

Two different animals.
Armory Craft provides just the trigger shoe.
While Gray Guns can provide just the trigger shoe, but they also can provide trigger shoe, spring kit and sear.
Get the $149 kit if you are going that route.

posted Hide Post
The Legion trigger is available from Sig, but it's $149. You can find it for less than $80 though. Proven Outfitters, Ossage County, MGW all have it.

The geometry of the trigger bar linkage is changed vs. the standard X flat trigger to provide more leverage and lighter pull weight at the expense of more travel and creep. The trigger angles a little further forward at rest, but still breaks at 90 degrees. The standard X trigger is heavier but has less travel and less felt creep.

Creep is most noticeable when there is friction that makes it gritty, so to smooth things out a little, I remove and disassemble the striker and polish the sear hook on the striker with Flitz polish. Flitz smooths and shines the surface without removing metal or rounding off the edges. I haven't messed with the actual sear in the receiver.

P320's have a lot of sear to striker engagement so there will always be creep when you very slowly and gradually pull the trigger. Kind of like how AR single stage triggers all have creep, but the ones that have the sear engagement angles, pull weight, and friction set just right feel crisp.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Break in the gun a little more before you decide to start throwing money at it. I was just like you with my x5. About 500 rounds into it, the trigger has smoothed out quite nicely to the point that I really don't think the improvement would be worth the trouble. Be patient with it and I think you will be happy.

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
P320's have a lot of sear to striker engagement so there will always be creep when you very slowly and gradually pull the trigger.

I put a Gray Guns sear in mine and virtually all creep was removed.
Did not touch the striker lug.