SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-change kits in 45ACP?- UPDATED 1/3/2018
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-change kits in 45ACP?- UPDATED 1/3/2018 Login/Join 
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted
UPDATE: Got a hold of SIG, you have to send the gun in. Will find out cost and update this thread.
----------------------

I know I've been away from the forum a while, and after a quick search here, just got to looking around on Sig's webpage and didn't find any.

Do they exist or vaporware?

I have a Full Size in 45 and Compact 9mm, and would like to try the 45 in Compact as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tlbailey1,

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
I know I've been away from the forum a while, and after a quick search here, just got to looking around on Sig's webpage and didn't find any.

Do they exist or vaporware?

I have a Full Size in 45 and Compact 9mm, and would like to try the 45 in Compact as well.

If they do exist I certainly would buy one, I’ve never seen one in the wild or on the Sig website.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I use Midway USA mag pouches. They have Velcro on the front and I put Velcro name patches on them.

Mag Pouch

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
I use Midway USA mag pouches. They have Velcro on the front and I put Velcro name patches on them.

Mag Pouch

Ummmmmm, what?

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7494 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:

Mag Pouch

Ummmmmm, what?

Haha, posted that comment in the wrong thread!

posted Hide Post
NOPE! Don't think you can swap the 9mm, 357 sig, or 40 S&W out with a 45ACP slide

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
From what I've been able to determine, you can start with a .45 320 and convert it to other calibers, but not the other way around. Apparently there is a tab on the FCU of the other calibers that prevents a wider 45 mag from being inserted, but it's not present on the 45 FCU.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm aware of the caliber change limitations the P320 has compared to the P250. What I want is to be able to covert my P320F(45) into a P320C(45), P320CA(45) or P320SC(45). Going from full size down to compact or subcompact would require shorter barrels/slides and grip modules.

I can do it with my 9mm model, (Even change calibers) and I'm not looking to change the caliber of the original 45, just the sizes.

That's why I bought a 9mm and a second in 45ACP. Not so much the caliber change aspect, but the barrel/slide/grip module length.

If anyone is going to SHOT, that's the burning question I would like to have answered. Wink

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
So a quick update, I finally got in touch with someone from Sig and was told that the firearms need to be sent in for fitments. They want to make sure people aren't trying to make them work with another caliber.

I have yet to reply to the email to see about cost of doing such, but will report back when I find the results. If it's going to cost close to the same as buying a 2nd gun, well, forget about it.

Tom

Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to hear the pricing. I just picked up a used P320 slide and barrel in the SigForum classifieds for $310 plus another $28 for the grip and no mags. So I'm all in at $338 and no mags. I'm content with that price, but I am curious to see what Sig wants to charge for a new exchange kit.

Thanks for the follow-up.

posted Hide Post
I have good news, and bad news about replacement slides for the P320 45.

The bad news: I bought a P320 45C with the intention of having the slide cut for an RMR. The company that did the cut, well, suffice to say, I need a new slide. Frown

The good news: Sig will sell a new slide for a P320 45. But like posted above, they will only do this if the frame is returned to SIG.

I have my quoted price. Mad

Just waiting on the machining company to make good on their "promise". Its only been a few days and I need to give them time to fix this mess-up.

Posts: 221 | Location: USA | Registered: May 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post