SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How to make mud rails on my P228. Or, how many rounds do you go without cleaning before your gun starts choking?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to make mud rails on my P228. Or, how many rounds do you go without cleaning before your gun starts choking? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Maybe they should be called crud rails. Eek

Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
wow, that's beautiful and dirty!! I use a dry lube on all mine and have never had one look that bad, thank goodness, ha and quite the collection of nickel mags!!

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool serial number

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, how often do you get a palindrome for your gun's serial number. Cool

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
He dead!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If it was sitting on real wood, I'd hang the first picture on my wall, it's beautiful.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Judging from the number of mags (37?), and it appears there may be some P226 mags in there, I'm guessing 500-600 rounds fired. Yeah, that looks about the right amount of crud for that many rounds. I guess you'd have to say she's broken in now Wink.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Exactly 600 rounds.

10 of the mags are P226.
5 are the German 20-rd SWAT mags.
4 are the Mec-Gar 20-rounders.
1 is the Checkmate 20-rounder.

Q

posted Hide Post
It's good to know you take them out for a walk once in a while!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Now that is hell and back quality right there. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Years ago I cleaned a .22 rifle we'd owned since I was a little kid. It had never been apart. In doing so about an inch and a quarter of machined metal (think rail but sticking straight up) broke off in my hand. I was so upset about it... for a moment. Then it crumbled in my hand. What I thought was an inch and a quarter of rail turned out to just be an inch and a quarter of hardened gunk that had accumulated behind a half inch of actual rail. Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
When my P226 gets like that I just wipe off the black, put new grease on and put it back in the range bag for the next match.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
the best way to empty mags Smile

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice nickel 228 for shooting!! Whats not to like?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rpm2010,

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. Thanks for sharing Q.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Q, sometimes I worry about you! Wink

Is that the next giveaway gun? Cleaning it first? I do like the serial number!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, how often do you get a palindrome for your gun's serial number. Cool
The president of our local palindrome society just bought a new car: A Toyota

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Super nice P228, but.....
My granddaughter came by and saw your P228 picture on my screen and she stopped looked, tells me " That's the one I want!".
She just turned 21 and was on the hunt for P228, now a NI.. Eek
Sigs are contagious.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Question added in thread title.

Q

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Question added in thread title.

I'd start with double the mags, go up if needed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post