SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did anyone ever pick up one of the new M&P 2.0 Compacts with the 3.6 inch barrel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone ever pick up one of the new M&P 2.0 Compacts with the 3.6 inch barrel? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Jljones, I've read about how much you like the 2.0's and how well you shoot with them. This one is no exception. Sweet, sweet little striker gun that shoots every bit as well as the full size. I'm willing to bet this one becomes you favorite. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Part of that goes back to the question of what you carry now.

quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
So of o don't have any of the 2.0s, which one should I start with for concealed carry purposes?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have to say, there isn't a whole lot of logic to the model selection in the M&P 2.0 line. They have what? 5, 4.25, 4, and 3.6 in the double stack line, and 3.2 with the single stack Shield. To me, they should. do every half inch starting from 4.5, or maybe even 5, down to 3.5 in the double stack, then have 3 in the shield. This is for 9mm and .40 (I'm guessing 357SIG is out of the picture at this point.) But it would probably work for .45 also. I would design the frames to be able to take a manual safety kit and not have manual safety versions as distinct SKUs. To cover the few and proud who want 357SIG, I'd release a conversion barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
While everyone is saying they don't see the need for the 3.6, if it performs the same, with a 4.25 offering, the 4.0 offering might be the one that there is no need for. Big Grin

All comes down to perspective, I do believe. If someone is SO taken with the 4" they COULD say that it's the OTHER TWO that are the superfluous ones. Razz

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
On paper it seems redundant but shooting and carrying it clears up everything. It's a pistol you just have to try.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just finally picked one up today. I like it.

I feels like a smaller gun until you hold it next to the Compact and it feels like it’s darn near the same size. When you put them in different rooms, they feel like they are more different than they are side by side...it’s weird.

I wouldn’t break the bank to buy one if you already have a Comoact 2.0, but as an appendix carry guy, I’m happy with the purchase.

I’m going to send the slide out next week for an RMR cut.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I just finally picked one up today. I like it.

I feels like a smaller gun until you hold it next to the Compact and it feels like it’s darn near the same size. When you put them in different rooms, they feel like they are more different than they are side by side...it’s weird.

I wouldn’t break the bank to buy one if you already have a Comoact 2.0, but as an appendix carry guy, I’m happy with the purchase.

I’m going to send the slide out next week for an RMR cut.

Dang man, shoot it first and report back so I know if I'm going to buy one! Big Grin

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just boght a 4 inch for $389, and I think I get the rebate for 50$ which makes it $339... I feel that’s a great price!

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I held the 4 inch barrel today. It felt good to my hand. I called around local stores to check the 3.6 inch model. I want to compare the 2 side by side. I’m getting and itch for the 3.6 inch model.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

Got one. It really shoots great. Less muzzle to swing from target to target.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Mines on the way!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My second one is on order!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Aight. My training took a tank this fall with a bad case of tendonitis. Didn't shoot any matches, or train much beyond the minimums that I had to do for work. Shit was just painful.

The light is at the end of the tunnel, it doesn't appear to be a train, and I'm back to training. Planning on picking up a 3.6 as a back up gun for work on Monday.

What are you guys doing for OWB slim line holsters, specifically made for the 3.6?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
DeSantis and JM Custom Kydex both make dedicated holsters.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I will check them out

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well.........

www.opspectraining.com

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Uh huh

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well.........

have you worn out the 4" so now on to the 3.6? Smile

Looking forward to your thoughts etc. I really like mine.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This thread's been sleeping since last November, so I figured I give it a bump.

Specifically, I want to get Jerry's experience with the 3.6" 2.0 and how he likes it compared not only to the 4" 2.0, but the other competion (glock 19s and 26, Sig P320s, especially the new XCompact, etc.)

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like the gun. I can’t tell much difference between it and the 4.0, so I think it’s the clear winner in the two. I like it way better than the G5 G19, and a little better than the 320 compact. However, the 320 X Compact may change that.

www.opspectraining.com

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I like the gun. I can’t tell much difference between it and the 4.0, so I think it’s the clear winner in the two. I like it way better than the G5 G19, and a little better than the 320 compact. However, the 320 X Compact may change that.

Is it worth upgrading from a 1.0 compact model?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post