SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did anyone ever pick up one of the new M&P 2.0 Compacts with the 3.6 inch barrel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone ever pick up one of the new M&P 2.0 Compacts with the 3.6 inch barrel? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I'm curious to this. There was all the hype, all the good press, and months later I know no-one that owns one?

Anyone pick one up?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want too, but haven't purchased one yet.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went for the FNH FNS 9C about two months ago, no S&W 2.0s of like configuration seen then or afterwards.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I thought about it but never did. I still might though.

I usually just carry my 4”. When I want something smaller I grab my shield .45 (which is somehow the best grouping gun I shoot...go figure).

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. I'm thrilled with my 4" 2.0C, but have little use for a 3.6" barrel compact. Now, a 12 round capacity short grip with a 4" barrel, that, I would want.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
No. I'm thrilled with my 4" 2.0C, but have little use for a 3.6" barrel compact. Now, a 12 round capacity short grip with a 4" barrel, that, I would want.

+1

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You tube personalities seem to be the only ones that have them.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordering one next Friday.

Our agency is going to the full size 9mm for duty guns this fall. This is replacing a P229 DAK in 40S&W. I’m super jacked for it. I already have a full size 2.0 with an RMR on it, really like the platform.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen one yet at my LGS. With that said, I have no interest since I already have the 2.0 Compact and don't see the value of a .4" shorter barrel/slide. Now if they made a 2.0 Compact sized single stack, (with either 4" or 3.6") I would be all over that model. Fat may be where its at, but thin is in for CCW.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We allegedly had one come through the shop; I say allegedly because it came in on my day off and left the same day, so I never got to actually see it.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
No. I'm thrilled with my 4" 2.0C, but have little use for a 3.6" barrel compact.

That's me too!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My bro has one and likes it a lot. Can shoot a good fast drill with it.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I shot the 2.0c at my LGS and loved it, but ended up ordering the 3.6, and having them throw some Ameriglo Pro iDots on it. I could NOT be happier both in terms of carry comfort and shooting. It’s a laser beam if I leave the Red Bull at home. To me, it’s the perfect gun, though YMMV. The grip angle is exactly what I needed versus my now retired G19.4, the stippling texture is absolute perfection (again, YMMV) and though the trigger isn’t as crisp as I’m used to, I don’t feel like it’s working against me on reset. I like the fact they already include adaptors for my 17 rounders as well as the M/L grip insert. I may upgrade to the APEX flatty, but only to try it out. It already does what I need it to.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I handled one in a shop while I was on a trip. I think I will buy it over the 4” once I’m paroled from the commi state I am currently living in. People talk about the shorter barrel for AIWB, it I think it would also be an advantage for OWB carry as well. But I need to shoot them both before I decide.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a 4" 2.0 Compact, so I see no reason to also get a 3.6". The grip length is the same, and 0.4" in muzzle length is inconsequential when it comes to concealment.

If they had made it 3.5" so it would be compatible with 1.0 Compact holsters, there might have been some small point to it. But as it is, it's a solution in search of a problem.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JL,

I just got one! Finally. I really think they have been just slow coming. Tad shorter than my G19 about same height, better grip. I think they beat Glock at their own game. This is The perfect size in my opinion.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Another 3.6 snuck in with the latest batch of pistols received yesterday:

This time I got to see it and even gather photographic evidence that it exists. The 4" Compact is of course on top.

Between the two I definitely prefer the 4". That one is the natural counterpoint to the G19/G23. It shoots nice too. The 3.6 to me makes as much sense as the P229C did. It doesn't inspire me to send endless streams of emails to Glock demanding a new G19 'Carry'. Maybe it's supposed to appease the owners who loved the original 1.0 M&P9c. I own that one and frankly I never thought S&W needed to make a 2.0 of similar length to somehow make amends for the flaws of that earlier model. In reality all S&W had to do is FIX THE DAMN TRIGGER, which of course in 1.0 form they never did.

In hand I really don't notice that much difference between the two. The 3.6 has a more snubby look to it and might be more favorable to those who desire to appendix carry a double-stack 2.0...I guess. For me it brings no added value to the game. YMMV.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I’d probably buy one if I could ever see one in person. I have the 4” version and am thrilled with it.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . and trigger will be improved by replacing the sear with Apex two-dot sear. An easy change. Remove slide. Check for ammo where it shoud not be. Remove the rear frame pin - it is tight. With care and punch used as lever, lift slightly the sear assembly at the back of the frame just until the pin seen on the left side is above the frame. (in normal use, about half of the pin, which goes through the sear, is kept captive by the frame.)

Put a finger over the sear - a spring is under the sear. Slowly push with punch on the left side of the pin until punch just clears the right side of the sear (that you are holding down). Retract the punch a bit and slowly release the old sear. Replace with two-dot sear pressing down to somewhat compress the sear's spring and press pin extending out the right side. Wiggle. Punch can help. Eventually the pin will slide through the two-dot sear that is under compression and end up flush on left side. Push the sear assembly back into the frame - it was up only a few mm. Drive the rear frame pin back into place. . . . and enjoy.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Normally I'd think the market for shorter barrel, longer grip guns would be pretty limited. But then something like the Glock 19X happens. What the fuck do I know

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post