SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W M&P9 M2.0 Compact with Leupold Deltapoint Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W M&P9 M2.0 Compact with Leupold Deltapoint Pro Login/Join 
posted
I had a S&W M&P M2.0 Compact slide milled for the DP Pro red dot. Pictures
The rear sight is the Leupold unit that attaches to the red dot. You can see the height of the front sight to achieve co-witness. That height is causing some problems in finding a holster. Any thoughts/suggestions for a holster?

Also, the co-wittnes is at the very bottom of the window (red dot)... and not as obvious as the co-wittnes with the Sig 226 RX or a G19 MOS with a RMR (RM06). Only had the M&P a few days but I'm finding that the lack of clear/obvious co-wittness is making me slower to find the dot (I think ...) I originally placed the DP Pro on a M&P CORE 5 inch pistol but the tall iron sights on the CORE would not co-witness!

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
I had M2.0 slide milled for the DP red dot.

Now we're talking! I've been wanting to try a Delta Point Pro on an AR for some time now, but I can imagine it'd be great on your pistol as well. Let us know how it turns out. And of course, pics please.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
what height front are you running?

as far as finding the dot, you just need to dry fire a lot. It took me about 6 weeks for my dot to appear every time I present the gun and to get quantifiably faster with a dot vs irons. I only game with my dot guns, so i remove the iron sights all together to reduce visual confusion.

As far as a holster, I guess it depends on what kind of holster you are looking for... but any number of boutique kydex companies make holsters for suppressor height sights and mrds optics.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know ... Mark at L&M Precision milled the slide and made the front sight. His work is excellent and reasonable. And I do not have any sort of precision micrometer or other instrument.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not know ... Mark at L&M Precision milled the slide and made the front sight. His work is excellent and reasonable. And I do not have any sort of precision micrometer or other instrument.

no worries.. I was just curious as to what height I should get if I ever did want to put sights back on mine. I'll give L&M a call if I ever get to that point.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That's really nice looking.

I'm starting to come closer to pulling the trigger on RMR'ing one of my Glock 19s

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
DP Pro is a tall optic.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking setup!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the milling done on the pistol?
I'm sure some of our members will like to know.

Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a S&W M&P M2.0 Compact slide milled for the DP Pro red dot. Pictures
The rear sight is the Leupold unit that attaches to the red dot. You can see the height of the front sight to achieve co-witness. That height is causing some problems in finding a holster. Any thoughts/suggestions for a holster?

Also, the co-wittnes is at the very bottom of the window (red dot)... and not as obvious as the co-wittnes with the Sig 226 RX or a G19 MOS with a RMR (RM06). Only had the M&P a few days but I'm finding that the lack of clear/obvious co-wittness is making me slower to find the dot (I think ...) I originally placed the DP Pro on a M&P CORE 5 inch pistol but the tall iron sights on the CORE would not co-witness!

These two holster makers might be able to help you :

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html

http://www.blackpointtactical....tandard-owb-holster/

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
Where did you get the milling done on the pistol?
I'm sure some of our members will like to know.

Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

L&M Precision Gunworks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
These two holster makers might be able to help you :

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html

http://www.blackpointtactical....tandard-owb-holster/

Biggy ... many thanks ...

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Call these guys. They should be able to help you. They have optics & suppressor height sights as default options on their website.

https://blackrhinoconcealment.com/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Call these guys. They should be able to help you. They have optics & suppressor height sights as default options on their website.

https://blackrhinoconcealment.com/

Thanks for the heads-up ...