SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High end semi-auto pistol, 2k-3k range...suggestions?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High end semi-auto pistol, 2k-3k range...suggestions? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
Wilson Combat.
compact or full.
I am a convert. I thought SIGs quality was good...at first. then came across these and there is no comparison. fit and finish are top notch. get a flat wound spring which are good for 8-10k rounds. Shoot like a dream

Comparing a Corolla to a Lexus? Ridiculous. Sure, both are dependable drivers, but one is clearly above the other in every other department.

seriously, man.
do you have to just chime in with snarky shit all the time? no need to comment.
the OP asked for nice guns in a price range. I offered.
no need for your comments.

Chill out there Macfly. There was no snark to get butthurt about. He was simply pointing out that your comparison wasn't apples to apples. I thought the same thing when I read your post.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In your price range I would get two Lugers. One to shoot a bunch and the other a little pricier to shoot less frequently. You don't need a workhorse gun or you would get another Sig or Glock. Lugers aren't getting built/cheaper and any 1911 will be around if you find you hate the Lugers.

Posts: 28 | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Then I see this beautiful specimen in 9mm ......well out of my price range Smile

Bear with me, struggling to link a pic.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Here's my two cents worth: If you don't have a 1911 yet in 45acp, you're missing out. I love my Sigs and I own a bunch but Mr Browning really created a timeless masterpiece back at the start of the 20th century.

All the 1911s mentioned in this thread are outstanding and I own a couple as well. However, FOR THE MONEY, I doubt you can beat this beauty:

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special
Good luck and happy shooting!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty for sure. I have one SW 1911 in .45 but I am not a fan of it. Feels clanky and I don't shoot it particularly well.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to do it all over again in that price range. I'd do the exact same thing I did. Buy a 5" Ed Brown S/S Kobra. I love that gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post