SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handguns will you miss?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handguns will you miss? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Colt Pocket 9
Colt Pony Pocketlite

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
S&W 547.

This. Plus a bunch of other guns I realized that I was keeping just because they were cool or iconic, but that I didn't fire much. I am not sure if I want them back because I miss them or because they have risen in value (or a combination of both), but I am glad that I was able to experience them.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original K frame S+W revolvers. Prices are going up on them and you don't see them for sale nearly as often as you used to.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zapfire:
i miss shooting my FN 5.7, ammo is unavailable

Uh...yes it is!

American Eagle 5.7 ammo

Posts: 1295 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
And tons more here: 5.7 ammo at SGAMMO

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I miss the FN/Browning Hi Power. Yes, I know about the clones and all the surplus. I really like the idea of a brand new, beautifully blued Hi Power.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the Hi Power for me.

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Am I the first to go HK P7? For shame!

As a Gen-Xer, oh P7 I wish I would have known you!

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by villageidiot:
With parts drying up for certain pistols now days what pistols do you shoot less because of that?

I continue to shoot all my firearms. It makes no difference if parts are available or not

Why should we deprive ourselves of enjoyment just because something might, one day, possibly break?

If and when my firearms need a replacement part, I will deal with it at that time.

You got it brother. If you don't shoot it, it might as well be broken now.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Firearms aren’t gifts from the Gods. Any part can be recreated / remanufactured if one so desires, even with an obsolete or non-current design. Shoot ‘em and enjoy.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wscrst:
It is the Hi Power for me.

Same here.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Python.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by villageidiot:
With parts drying up for certain pistols now days what pistols do you shoot less because of that?

I continue to shoot all my firearms. It makes no difference if parts are available or not

Why should we deprive ourselves of enjoyment just because something might, one day, possibly break?

If and when my firearms need a replacement part, I will deal with it at that time.

I agree with this philosophy.
Guys, they are just guns.

I agree. We are only on this earth a short time. Make best use of this time by shooting your best guns.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
All of them. My parts are wearing out faster than their parts.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Three guns I miss already and have missed for the last 22 years is a Colt Combat Commander 45ACP (Xmas gift from my father in 1972), Ruger Redhawk 41 Mag and a Norinco 45ACP 1911 that I had tricked out with a slide tightening, trigger smoothed out, match barrel and a comp. House was broken into 1997 and all three were stolen. The Colt was what hurt the most because it was a gift from my dad.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a simple solution: buy so many that you don't have time to shoot 2000 rounds through all of them a year! Big Grin

But, seriously- what I have done is try to find a set of spare parts for all of my discontinued firearms, so that I can shoot them until that part wears/breaks- and then I can replace it once.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger MkI
S&W Model 19
My first Sig: a Euro P220
Beretta 92FS Compact Type M
S&W M640 .38Spl +P+

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post