SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ammunition Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition Shortage Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's a steal at that price.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Mechanicsburg, PA over the weekend. In their used case they had a very decent Beretta 92FS Inox for $349 with the box and 2 hicap magazines. How is that even possible?

Well, what kept you from buying it? Confused

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Mechanicsburg, PA over the weekend. In their used case they had a very decent Beretta 92FS Inox for $349 with the box and 2 hicap magazines. How is that even possible?

I would've jumped all over that and I don't even like the Beretta 92.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 has taken a lot of my money. Can’t give it any more. I’ve settled down to classic P series Sigs in 9mm and the gen 5 Glock 34 and 19.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

First question that would've come out of my mouth: what's wrong with it?

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammo *could* very soon become the new gold.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
quote:

First question that would've come out of my mouth: what's wrong with it?

For that price, I wouldn't care. Whatever it is it could be fixed or used for spare parts.

As far as ammo. goes, I bought a bunch when wally world got rid of pistol calibers. I am glad I did as the prices have more than tripled for what I paid.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Went to Killeen last week and they had four glocks in the shelf, very few long guns...no 9mm ammo whatsoever...even had a sign, no 9mm even with a sale...

The only guns they did have were single shot action revolvers in 45Colt.

They had birdshot in 12 but no OO buck, had plenty of buck and slug in 20&16 ga.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, there is STILL plenty of 45GAP ammo and Glocks available!!! Big Grin

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/45-gap-ammo-c-69.aspx

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
single shot revolvers in 45Colt.

I would think that a single shot revolver would be pretty desirable, if for no other reason than being very rare. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Friday, over a cup of coffee I realized Dick's Sporting goods had reopened after having been closed for almost 3 months due to the virus. After Dick's stopped selling AR's I didn't want to shop there anymore, but in this ammo shortage I decided to stop in and see if they had any 9mm. 5 boxes left, $11.99 for Remington. Plenty of 380 and 40 caliber. Salesperson said it was leftover from before the virus and they would sell out and not restock.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at Walmart last weekend and they had plenty of .22 LR, some Federal and some Winchester bulk packs and I was going to buy them. The employee tells me the key broke off yesterday and they can't get the case open to sell them to me......SERIOUSLY????? They don't have another key?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was at Walmart last weekend and they had plenty of .22 LR, some Federal and some Winchester bulk packs and I was going to buy them. The employee tells me the key broke off yesterday and they can't get the case open to sell them to me......SERIOUSLY????? They don't have another key?
That’s funny and takes me back. We had a master key box in the front office, which employees could go to when they needed access to a room, cabinet or storage. They were trained to always return the keys to the front office master key box. Meanwhile I maintained a complete Second backup set, which was only accessible to me. This way management could always access a proper key to open a lock or take a key a locksmith to make a copy. Invariably when a key was lost, some employees thought that the backup set of keys should be just be left out for their access and convenience. This amused me and was a great teachable moment. This system worked out quite well and at the suggestion of workers, we added duplicate keys to the front office master key box and employees were instantly aware when someone failed to return a key to the box.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
single shot revolvers in 45Colt.

I would think that a single shot revolver would be pretty desirable, if for no other reason than being very rare. Wink

Got me! I meant single action.

I’ll go fix it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the impression this situation is variable. The two closest GS's in my area have plenty of ammo and a reasonable gun inventory. Cheaper pistols are turning fast but the more expensive ones are there for weeks at a time. Ammo is plentiful, especially Federal 115 grain range fodder, and they are charging the same as current market rates from the usual bulk suppliers- so perhaps a bit cheaper, for the ones that charge for shipping. Yes, if you find 1000 round cases of good 124 or 147 range 9mm, you need to move reasonably quickly, but it certainly can be found. I still have more than enough for classes and regular practice to take me through the end of the year. We'll see what happens with prices when things calm down a bit more.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices higher? Sure. Less selection? Sure. But there is nothing preventing you from buying all the ammo you want. Places like AIM Surplus, SG Ammo, Classic Firearms, and PSA have ammo for sale. I just bought 7.62x39 for $4.99 a box. You just have to buy it when you see it for sale and not delay.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Well, what kept you from buying it? Confused

My guess is that it is a DAO.

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Prices higher? Sure. Less selection? Sure. But there is nothing preventing you from buying all the ammo you want. Places like AIM Surplus, SG Ammo, Classic Firearms, and PSA have ammo for sale. I just bought 7.62x39 for $4.99 a box. You just have to buy it when you see it for sale and not delay.

Yeah- no. None of the places you mention have ANY 9mm training ammo in stock. PSA, in true fashion, has 20 round boxes of V-Crown SIG for $44 (normally sold by those who don’t gouge for $20) and SG has done 9mm shotshell rounds.

That’s it.

I have a sufficient stock and have for a while so this makes me no difference.

But this idea that you can “buy all the ammo” you want isn’t true. Unless you want PSA to stick it to you for 20 rounds of duty, or you’re a big fan of shot shells.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I went into a gun store Wednesday and bought a Colt King Cobra. Here in FL even if you have a carry permit they still run a BG check. The amount of panic buyers has pushed wait times up to 27 hours. Today was the first day I was able to go back to get it.

On Wednesday the store had a very small selection of centerfire autoloading pistols. The revolver selection was very good though. They got a shipment in Friday and while they had a much larger stock of semi-autos it was still a far cry from normal.

The guy in front of my at the range wanted to shoot but needed 9mm ammo. He was told that they have none at all so he went home.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
They do background checks for ammo in Florida now? Or did I misunderstand?
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Yup, riots. On Saturday I filled a cart at SGAmmo, got distracted and forgot about it until yesterday. Nothing I had in my cart was left in stock.

Here in FL even if you have a carry permit they still call in for a background check. On Saturday it took 4 hours. Yesterday I was told just to come back today. I’ve never waited more than 45 minutes or so.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post